Smoky's Quick Recipe Dump

No matter your set up… if you are not familiar with the flavor you work with… how well will just copying from elr’s site suit you? Not too well. Some flavors are not meant to be run too high, others can be additives as well as flavors… and some… do extremely well high but not low… while others, used low taste a certain way, and those same flavors boosted, can flip around and taste like something else… this is why I say… start low and work high… play with your flavors… work them, dont let them work you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember getting toasted on Alabama Slammers more than once in my life LOL probably why I don’t drink anymore hahaha

2 Likes

Sugar orchid is surprisingly versatile, as a passing remark.

Yup, I am with you on that blog post, I have trouble understanding many recipes I see here. I always wonder if it is me, people using low flavour kit or old style clearos, or just people wanting a different taste experience.

I am onto a bunch of 2-4 flavours recipes, most well under 4 %, many using some flavorah, and I’ll publish the one which work. I tend to mix with what I have at the moment, mostly out of stash size guilt

1 Like

I have one for you. One of my favorite candies of ALL time is Heath bars. I literally had dreams about eating them after my diabetes diagnosis. If you could recreate that my heart would soar into the clouds and I could fly off the ground because I have NEVER been able to figure out how to get toffee to work as in ever it always tasted like burnt crap so I quit buying toffee and threw the idea away. I know it’s buttery as crap LOL

2 Likes

Anything beyond the last year or so… count on a different set up style… I wish there was a spot for device(s) used to test, but with mine… specially mine… I run all of my recipes thru mtl and dl setups. I test before I release to the public because I dont want the emails saying omg Smoky wth did you to with this!!! :slight_smile: most are not like me… and I know it. Nowdays its pod pod pod… uggg… or aio aio… soon it will be closed device and how do you hack it?

I find mixing flv with anything else… (except other like ultras) you will have to go higher or lower than normal flv use… law of nature… put good stuff with something unlike, you will have to adapt…

2 Likes

First take a look at this recipe:

drop the pound cake, leave the rest… add milk chocolate, cookie and graham cracker… and of course popcorn and butterscotch and some caramel… It’d look like:

.8% Butterscotch
.4% Caramel
.4% Coffee
.4% Cookie
.4% Graham Cracker
1% Maple Bar
.4% milk chocolate
.6% Popcorn
.12% - .2% Praline
.4% Toffee

let it sit for 5-7 days…

I would fine tune this… but … Heath bars are delish :stuck_out_tongue:

find the real recipe here:

3 Likes

They are like heaven yes… I’m going to have to get all these flavors BUT the caramel LOL if it tastes like a dang heath bar it is so worth it

3 Likes

Can you save this as a recipe? Or can I with your name on it? I’d like to make sure I have this somewhere when I get all the flavors

2 Likes

I would add in a few other things… however this will be an excellent starting point.
Note: I have not mixed it, but I have no need to. It will be one of the best heath bar tastes you will ever come close to… and I know it without mixing it already.

2 Likes

You forgot this in your newly posted recipe! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(I noticed it while I was adapting it.)

Also, thanks for sharing your “OMG OG” thing here… Because I never would have bothered looking at it with a name like that. (I ‘named it’ Maple Coffee Pound Cake in my adaptations, just so that I’d remember it’s something I’m highly interested in making)
That’s DEFINITELY one thing I love about sharing recipes in the forum here!! It allows one to look past recipe names, and actually see if it’s something you’d be interested in (where I’d be far more likely to have missed something, in cases like this)!

3 Likes

I did?? Which one?? lmao

lmao… That maple I tell ya… after week 1 and before week 2 is over… you will be saying OMG… lolol… and it does make the best donuts ever… toy with it @Sprkslfly :wink:

1 Like

Ermmm… There are these little link thingies (I know, crazy right? lol) in the message I quoted you on, which would take you right to the recipe (or at least, the post of yours that contains it) referenced… :wink: chuckles

Click the UP ARROW where I quoted you.

2 Likes

???

?? Im still lost… and my allergies are now saying hello… been sneezing my head off all morning… ugg…

so now of course my train of thought just up and left me…

oh I think I know what it is you are telling me… sorry… blame it on the benydril… I can never spell it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@anon84779643, I am having the idea that fruit + sugar orchid would make a thicker sweeter and softer versionbof near any fruit I can think of. Is this something you’d agree with? That could make for s ton of two flavour recipes. Apples, banana, berries, citrus, I can’t think of a combination that does not work in my head.

1 Like

it would :slight_smile:
I normally run SO from .12% up to .6% anything higher… nopes… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solo smashed strawberry i think i could get away with 48hr steep?

2 Likes

I am with you on that one, .4 is where I want it as a main flavour, .6 is borderline harsh in my fairly decent Bakewell

Might be one of the other flavours though.

2 Likes

Thanks to this thread and my backlog, I have 21 recipes I can’t mix until a few days, as my flavours are in a guest room :unicorn:
Probably will add a couple out of frustration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blood Orange, Vanilla Custard, Vanilla Pudding, Pumpkin Spice!

You’re on a roll of awesome here. Thanks for sharing and dropping knowledge, @anon84779643!

I’m sold on the FLV after trying my previous toss-togerher recipes with these. Going to be gathering quite a stash soon, and this thread will be of great help.

3 Likes