So I ordered a Thing LOL

A new toy to play with and I ordered it to try Dan’s Stove Top (or Lolly) coils but didn’t know it wasn’t the right RDA so hey something new to play with when it comes in anyway. It comes with the coils and you can buy them seperate LOL

8 Likes

how the hell do you wick it?! :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Watching a video now ROFLMAO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rQf57WO-BE

7 Likes

Stove Tops would have to be amazingly superior for me to try them. Look like a real PIA.

9 Likes

Here is the official wicking and RDA video from the company https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5EmIg2bb4M

Zophie’s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLIAyL5p-60

6 Likes

The reason I was fascinated with the stovetop coil is because of a video Dan did where he just stuck a small ball of cotton into the center of those coils and plucked it out to move to another mix. Maybe @Dan_the_Man can share his great video

7 Likes

interesting. looks like it would be great for testing, but for an everyday carry, idk

7 Likes

That’s all I’ll use it for. For everyday use I’ll stick with my tank it makes me happy :smiley:

7 Likes

Looks like it would make a nice hand warmer, gets cold up here in the winter! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Heck yeah I’ll just pull that out in the woods when I’m hunting ROFLMAO

7 Likes

You ever been lost in the woods at night hunting? Let me tell you the struggle is real and scary as crap ROFLMAO

6 Likes

Looks very interesting @authormichellehughes. I can attest to NEVER having tried any stovetops. I’ll have to get some time, and watch those vids, to make sense of the wicking on those little round babies.

6 Likes

It will probably take about three weeks for it to come in and I’ll do a quick little unboxing and if I can figure out how to wick them hahaha maybe a video of that.

6 Likes

Oh snap, (I think the kids are saying that now a days). That is the one that comes with the little tool. I almost bought the RDA just for the tool LOL.

Here is the vid my friend.

I always forget just how much of a dork I really am. Makes me laugh.

10 Likes

yeah that stove top jig would have made the purchase worth it

4 Likes

That was a short-sighted thing to say. I had never even looked into them, so to simply make a flippant statement like that was a little hasty.

I looked into a few build videos online, and it didn’t look that hard at all. So I figured I’d try one on my Profile (the old version, not @mjag’s fancy improved one.

I’ve never vaped one so I don’t know if it’s a fool’s game or not, but I did it horizontally rather than vertically so it would fit the Prof’s mesh style deck.

First time winding the coil, so be gentle… I put the ceramic thing back in so the cotton would have something to push against the coil. But be honest because I am totally open to feedback. I’m sure it looks like a bird’s nest compared to the ones pros make. Sorry pics aren’t great, crappy camera.

8 Likes

I saw someone say. If you have any coil type jig maker and screw the spacing screw all the way in, and keep inward pressure on it while winding… than… rather than winding a regular coil it will make a stove-top no problem. If I see it again will pass the link.

7 Likes

I just tried it like this fellow did. Seemed to work OK, but I may have made the center hole a little large.

7 Likes

It looks great to me, Phil. How did it vape?

6 Likes

So far so good. It has good flavor and was easy to build. So far, no dry hits which is what I’m most fearful of.

6 Likes