So you think we will still be able to order from China?

im fully aware of where the products comes from and how ordering from china works , my company brings in containers of hardwood from china , i was saying imo the wait and the risk of not getting it bc of customs isnt worth the little bit of savings that you may get from companies over there if there is even a savings at all

I wouldn’t be so sure about them not being able to catch all of them. I had the same thing with my package from gb. I think the moral of the story is don’t ship using fedex.

2 Likes

Actually under the new fda regulations gifts and prizes aren’t allowed. It’s the same idea of how shops can’t give out free samples of juice anymore. So gearbest is better off stating that the product was paid for.

Yes I hear you and understand your premise. I do agree it is in our interest to support small businesses if we value them and want to see them stay afloat, but as cost increase many will begin to look elsewhere for product. Imagine 1/5 shipments of rose wood were confiscated by customs because of toxic laquer or tree mites lol Costs your company would incur would be redistributed througout the line of retail products. Making it harder for your company to maintain loyal customers and contracts. Just trying to see the big picture.

2 Likes

i believe it was something like that not too long ago once the lacy act had engineered hardwood added to it lol not 1/5 but boy the tarrifs changed our industry for sure , but in the long run it was forbits best

1 Like