So you think we will still be able to order from China?

Not everyone lives in the US

2 Likes

I know thatā€¦but they are running the contest for all ELR members, not just ones outside of the USā€¦meaning they are including US residents in the giveawayā€¦so if they cannot ship it to the US then why include them in the giveaway? That is my questionā€¦sorry for any misunderstandingā€¦

1 Like

Are you suggesting they should say that the contest is only available for non US residents only?
If so thereā€™s gonna be a lot of giveaways for the non US members and not so many for the US ones. Which would be real sad for everyone.

1 Like

I am not suggesting anything at allā€¦I was really just curious why they would include US members in a giveaway for a tank they say cannot be shipped to the USā€¦again sorry for any misunderstanding, but I have no hidden agenda implied in my wordsā€¦

2 Likes

Possible thought, it may still get delivererd as a prize/gift classification. Itā€™s worth a shot. Beyond that if I win and cannot get it delivered to me hopefully I can gift it to someone outside of the USA. I can think of lots of forum contributors that are deserving.

5 Likes

I live in the US, if they wanna take the chance of shipping here, then I am willing to buy from them, I just didnā€™t think many vendors would want to take that chance because I agree with what @Sprkslfly said in his previous postā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly, I would do the same in a heartbeat!!!

3 Likes

Oh iā€™m not thinking you have any hidden agenda at all here. I was just curious thatā€™s all.
If the reality comes to a point where they canā€™t even gift anything to the US members i presume they will type that out in any future giveaways.

2 Likes

Okay, I thought you were thinking that I was like being bitchy about it or somethingā€¦nope, pure curiosityā€¦It would really suck if we canā€™t participate in any giveaways because of the stupid FDAā€¦but it could happen. I was just wandering if someone from the US won the giveaway how would they get the prize to the person if they cannot ship it to the USā€¦thatā€™s all!!!

1 Like

In order for me to think that, you actually need to be what you said and i havenā€™t seen anything like that from you at all thus far on ELR so no worries there mate.
I am as you really curious on whatā€™s gonna happen for some members when it comes to these giveaways.
I truly hope that no one is gonna get excluded from anything and that things will stay the way they are at the moment.

1 Like

Aaawww!! Thanks! That was a very nice thing to say! But you are absolutely right, it would be a shame if the US residents could no longer participate in the giveaways. I guess they could always give a prize to the US resident that was manufactured before August 8th, but that would suck too because we wouldnā€™t have a chance to get any cool new innovative stuffā€¦:sob:

1 Like

You are most welcome.
And yeah i agree on what you say for sure and this is kinda how we europeans feel all the time when it comes to coupon codes and stuff you can use in american businesses only since the shipping kills it for us and we therefore miss out on a lot of nice deals.
If the companies could do something about the shipping for us europeans iā€™m pretty sure they will pick up a lot more business from us as well and we could save a buck here and there.

3 Likes

Yeah, I really donā€™t understand why shipping is so much for you guys when we can get stuff shipped here from there and it isnā€™t half as muchā€¦doesnā€™t make senseā€¦

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t make sense to me either but this is the way it is right now and we have to accept that.

2 Likes

For now anyways! Hopefully things will get better, because the future of the vape industry worldwide is looking pretty bleak right now, but I will keep my fingers crossed and sign every petition possible and tell everyone who will listen how vaping has saved my life and if enough people do the same everywhere (because that should be every vapers responsible duty) then maybe, just maybe, we can save our rights to vape and live tobacco free lives!!! But until thenā€¦yeah it sucks!!!

3 Likes

I will say as GrimmGreen, If the aliens came down to earth and took all my vaping gear away, would i seek out analogues againā€¦ My answer to that would be, HELL NO, i would rather quit and try to live a good life without my vaping gear. :laughing:

2 Likes

Amen to that!!! I would never go back to the stinkies eitherā€¦I would do as you and live without my vape as wellā€¦I would not like it, but it is better than smoking cigs again and killing myself with them, I think I would be fine if I had to give up vaping, but it really makes me sad for all those who may never get the chance to quit by vaping.

2 Likes

Fear us not, we come in peaceā€¦ now the FDA thatā€™s another problem

6 Likes

Hopefully Trump will fix that too. I donā€™t know where he stands on vaping but I know he doesnā€™t smoke and for the FDA to wipe out an alternative to smoking that is 95% safer and is actually getting people to stop smoking after years of nicotine patches and gum etc. surely he wonā€™t allow the FDA to force people to go back to cigarettes knowing it causes lung cancer. But he is only one man and there are a lot more important issues for him to deal with. All I know for sure is that I have gone to all RTA tanks and I make my own juice so I already have 4 box mods and I am stocking up on wire, cotton, liquid flavors, and nicotine. By the time they take that stuff off the shelf my closet will be full. .lol VAPE ON

Fidalgo anything you buy from US based websites originally came from China. The website ordered wholesale and was able to pass the savings along to you. When this begins to inconvenience wholesalers and im sure it already is, costs for the laymen will inevitably go up