Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

I am sure I will get some one day as I’m a patient man and also pretty determined when I set my mind to it but thanks for the kind gesture mate.

6 Likes

Not only did this bring a smile to my face, but I finally learned the difference between a jam, and a compote. So, amusing and informative. Thanks SD, and finally a cherry that doesn’t taste like cough syrup. Every time I thank you it costs me money. smh.

7 Likes

Heh, thanks @Steve68, and sorry. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My @SessionDrummer haul lol, I feel your pain

9 Likes

Man @Gsnap that just makes ME want to buy some more !!!

7 Likes

Juicy Cherries (SSA) 0.75% (10-10-20) – Oh no !!! Did Sobucky just come out with ANOTHER great Cherry ?? !!! Yes, … yes they did. As with their other cherry tested, I was slightly scared to load this one up into the Vapesled, but I did indeed do, just that. YES, this one is ANOTHER Great Cherry from Sobucky. PLEASE take note of my sub-percent testing strength, as more and more of these ARE proving to be Ultras (Ultra-Concentrates(ed), and this one is no different. If you test this at 3% and blow up, I warned you. :slight_smile: OK, this one is just as good, if not better than SSA’s Compote Cherry, but the “better” part will be up to you, the end user, and what profile you’re looking for. This again (I know, repeating), had NO medicinal, floral, cough syrupy notes of any shape, kind or form. EMBRACE the madness of that for a second. That makes TWO from these guys. OK, at this ultra low 0.75% it was a VERY satisfying Cherry Vape, with NO signs of hitting the ceiling, but it was so rich and full at this weight, I wouldn’t go much higher, for fear of (bad things). I was having a hard time quantifying exactly what type of cherry/cherries this was, let the wife try, she seemed to think more of a Luden’s lozenge, BUT, again, NOT a cough drop medicinal style. To me, this was somewhat of a darker cherry than the Compote, but not totally towards a Black Cherry. Confused yet ?? Good, me too, hehe. It did have some aspects of a Maraschino in there, and some of a Black Cherry, but it was more than the sum of them. Sweetness was actually below mid level, and honestly, I could not find any take-offs. I know, it’s a CHERRY, there’s GOT to be something wrong with it, right ? Not really, except maybe the name. Juicy Cherries had me thinking of TPA’s Juicy Peach, or FA’s Juicy Strawberry, but I didn’t get an overwhelming “juicy” from it. Wasn’t dry, and was a great darker, somewhat black cherry-ish flavor, but maybe the name is the ONLY thing wrong with this one. Had some slight tartness, but only slight, and maybe you could almost taste the pit a little. All in, despite it not presenting as overly “juicy” this is the second great cherry vape from Sobucky, and if you are in need for a darker cherry, with aspects of both a Mara and a BC, you should get this one. Start mixing it LOW though, 0.5-0.75% range, or you’re on your own. Feels great at 9.5/10.

11 Likes

Whipped Cream (SSA) 1.25% (10-10-20) – Does anyone get excited to test a Whipped Cream ?? Often times not. This one had me re-thinking that. Because it smelled a little weaker in the bottle, mixed this one a little higher @ 1.25%, and it worked out great at this weight. A surprisingly full, rich, and satisfying Whipped Cream vape. It was far more present than most WC’s I’ve tried, and it was good enough that you could just solo vape this all day if you wanted. Yes, that good. A lot of people have sworn by TPA’s WC for it’s Triacetin, which helped tone sharp edges, and aided in blending. I could not find any sheets on these SSA flavors, so I can’t comment on that aspect. After finishing an entire tank, and moving on to the second, I was still blown away by how authentic this one was, and very present. No mistaking that you had a WC in the tank here. Light vanilla notes, creamy, with moderate mouthfeel just kept pushing this right to the top of the WC’s I have tried. Sweetness was actually lower than expected, especially for a WC, which would just allow even MORE uses for this one. Authentic, very present, slight vanilla, and creamy goodness is what this brought to the table. After finishing the second tank, I still couldn’t find any faults with this one. Deliciously solid at 9.8/10 .

13 Likes

Grab all the ones from BC then order the 20+ more that chefs carry :grin:. For science and shit lol

7 Likes

Thanks again for all of your flavor notes. Invaluable. Two things; 1) Chefs are still out of stock on VSO Strawberry, so I’m not ignoring you on your request for feedback on it. 2) How does SSA Whipped Cream compare to FA’s? I haven’t tried TPA’s version, but after reading your review on SSA’s and the comment you made about TPA;s, I’m beginning to think I should? Overall though it would seem SSA have some good flavors on offer. Thanks again.

4 Likes

ROAR @Gsnap, I hear you !!!

So far, I gotta say, these have been QUITE impressive. TWO Cherries so far, that actually taste like Cherries ?? !!! A Whipped Cream that can almost be vaped as a ADV ?? !!! It’s not over yet, but so far, the number of winners is impressing me.

7 Likes

Sadness. :(.

I think the two of them are very close, and without doing an A/B direct comparison (which I probably should), and I’ve never solo’d FA’s. I’m starting to lean towards SSA’s beating out FA’s, BUT, I really gotta directly compare the two. Let’s say they’re very close.

You’re very welcome @Steve68.

6 Likes

Thanks, and thanks for your really quick response .I’ll use up my FA then, and just re-stock with SSA. Still unable to get Flavor Labs concentrates here in Blighty either, so no Jam Monster for me. The sadness continues.

5 Likes

Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA) 1.5% (10-11-20) – Deciding on what strength to mix this at after testing SSA’s Ice Cream @ 2% proved difficult. It smelled stronger in the bottle, so decided to drop 0.5% from the original Ice Cream. Even mixed down from their Ice Cream, this one presented as much more forward, and fuller. A lot of similarities to SSA’s Ice Cream but with more presence, and some nice Vanilla notes thrown in. The vanilla seemed close to a vanilla bean that was high enough in the mix to make itself known but not overpower the profile. Clean, accurate, and I actually think better than their Ice Cream. I love the fresh approach to an Ice Cream SSA has taken, as none of the somewhat off-putting sour or typical cream notes found in many other IC’s. One of the best I have tried. Even presenting stronger/fuller/richer than the regular Ice Cream, it isn’t as heavy handed as say LB’s VIC. Sweetness was lower than mid level, and I could see numerous uses for this one, as was the case with the Ice Cream. Moving this up on the scale for a fuller, richer, more flavorful experience than the regular IC. 8.95/10 .

10 Likes

Still no eggy/custard notes or cloying mouthfeel?

4 Likes

@Letitia, no, no, and nope. It presented as a very clean, natural tasting VIC. No custard or egg, the vanilla while present, came across as an unobtrusive vanilla bean. There was some mouthfeel, but fairly subdued, and not overwhelming.

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Another thing about the “clean”-ness of it, was it didn’t have the thick buttery-ness of say LB’s VIC, while although thick, buttery, and rich, came off nowhere as cleanly as this one did.

6 Likes

Creme Brulee (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – OK, I think @woftam might have been the first one to mention this, but this one (like a very few others) is dark, and soulless. Now, some people will be scared off, others will embrace it’s darkness. At 1% (4-5 drops) in my 10ml tester, the mix was (duh), very dark. OK, but how’d it taste ? Brulee is a burnt cream, and caramelized sugar desert. There were aspects of the aforementioned in here, but in somewhat reduced quantities. There was an almost coffee note on the lower end that added to the burnt note. I will check the coils/cotton after the tester tank, but I suspect it will be quite dark as well. Overall the flavor was good, but more of a caramelized sugar coffee with some cream elements. At 1% it was fairly strong, and mid level sweet, and the burnt note(s) seemed to increase somewhat throughout the testing. Continued testing, and an increasing burnt note led me to believe that it may have been fouling the cotton/coils more than originally suspected. Good flavor, but the extreme darkness and perceived increasing burnt note will make this one harder to use. Because of this, leaving it at 5/10.

9 Likes

Hopefully I’ll mix some up to test yoday, I think I have 10ml bottles wide enough to use the GC or I can figure something out. Not wanting to do 30ml tests. I got a bunch of tall skinny 15mls for 10ml tests but there’s 0 chance of fitting the GC in.

Hopefully BC will pick up the rest of the line I’m sure what they have is selling well

5 Likes

And this is what I want. Have you reached any conclusions on the ones mentioned above, the SSA CMF and the WF MCC?

3 Likes