Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

Yea, why not? I thought Greek Yogurt was crazy when I first heard it but now it all makes sense. Not to mention it became a part of my daily diet recently. Love the heavy, fatty, creaminess of it. You know how hard it is to find a whole fat yogurt? Everything is 1%, 2%, 0%, no fat, low fat…and it all tastes like shit.

6 Likes

I got 6 SFTs mixed today and Delosi Coconut was first in line. What’s your steep recommendation? I also threw in Delosi Caramel in my cart and have that testing, too. I figure why not, I have 22 other caramels that didn’t work for me :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I think I did a 3-5 day steep @muth.

7 Likes

FINALLY got mail and the cottage cheese SSA in a tester and I did it at 1% this one is going to have to steep a few days. I did a quick spin on the vortex mixer and didn’t get much on the finger test, and it really doesn’t have much of a smell. We’ll see what happens in three days

5 Likes

I received 13 flavors yesterday. I smelled them all and they are some of the best smelling flavors I’ve tried. I’m not setup for testing at the moment, however our household shipment from Dubai is arriving on Friday. I’ll get to testing soon and I’m looking forward to these.

8 Likes

My recent haul from BCF…21 flavors (8 Sobucky). Gotta’ love their prices.

9 Likes

Would it be worth it to you if I bought it and shipped it to you?

5 Likes

That is very kind of you to offer and I am extremely grateful that you would do that for me, thank you. Delosi wanted to charge me nearly £20.00 postage to the U.K. which is just taking the rise out of people and I just can’t bring myself to pay that sort of money for a 10ml bottle of concentrate but I would certainly pay a sensible shipping price to get some.

7 Likes

Cottage Cheese: Single flavor tested at 1% RDA 50w. Not an overwhelming flavor at 1% and might push it higher in a mix, but it definitely has a distinctive cottage cheese flavor. I see pairing this with fruits that you like with cottage cheese well.

This could very well change with a longer steep.

7 Likes

Hello @Dman,
Coming back to my issue with the Vitamin Styled RDTA, I never got it working consistently. It seems to short out or show as “Ohms too high” between puffs . Always had to recheck and tighten the screws. Anyway, I got this from FT and so I sent them a message about this issue. They asked me to upload a video of it, which I have done and also fitted new coils which showed the same on two different Mods. They then sent that to their supplier who then replied that they are sending a replacement RDTA.
So, it must have been an internal connection defect and shots only when the coils are fitted.
Hopefully they send me a better type/brand RDTA. Hahaha.

4 Likes

I also have a Coil Father King RDTA which has been amazing. No problems from day one. Using the same SS316L 0.5 ohms coils since 2 weeks ago. Only changed cotton wicks (4 times) as I was trying out my own mixed flavours. I had some spit back initially but resolved it when I found some tutorials on youtube. I have been using thicker swabs of cotton and it is as good as zero spit back now. Will try the scottish roll technique next time (maybe). Dying to try with a vertical coil set up on my next coil change.

3 Likes

Ordered the Candy Cuckoo thanks @SessionDrummer you have me wanting to try new flavors and I don’t even know what this flavor is SUPPOSED to be ROFLMAO

Edit: This turned out to be the only chocolate I could vape without it tasting like alcohol. Irony is it’s supposed to have a liquor center in the chocolate. So that could be very different for other people with a chocolate taste issue.

4 Likes

Thank you SessionDrummer for all of the time and effort in creating these invaluable reviews. What a wonderful resource to aid those of us curious about acquiring new flavors. I picked up the Mocha Coffee based on your glowing review, but disappointed that there are as of yet no recipes for it that I’ve been able to locate. It’s not even in the ELR database yet. Would you be able to tell me what would be a reasonable percentage to use in a recipe - or perhaps suggest some flavors (like cream or hazelnut) to compliment it? Thank you in advance, and please keep up the great work,

6 Likes

I got the same last week but I haven’t used it yet. Here’s my thoughts. First, ask yourself what do you envision this flavor being used for? I want a vape similar to a cup of coffee. Not strong nor weak, no specialized flavors, just a rich but mild flavor. What do you want?

Next, ask yourself what would go well with your coffee. For me, it’s half and half and three sugars. So, what would approximate the cream flavor? Fortunately, I have a lot of creams and milk flavors so now it’s a matter of finding a combo that will give me the flavor of half and half. The sugar part is easy.

I’ve never made a coffee juice but in the last two months I’ve bought around 6 flavors. I’ll experiment and I know I’ll eventually get something I like. You need to do the same. Just think about the actual ingredients used in the coffee you like then experiment. Maybe you’ll nail it, or more likely you will come up with something just as, or more, satisfying.

8 Likes

Great advice natbone. By the way, I too like my coffee exactly the way you like it - a little sweet with half and half. Good luck to us both!

6 Likes

What is half and half? Full cream milk, skim milk, something entirely different? Aussie here, we just use milk… lol

4 Likes

It’s cream and milk. It hits the sweet spot between too thick and too thin. It really makes a big difference, imo.

7 Likes

Thank you @jbez. The Mocca Coffee was one of the strong ones, so even in a mix, I’d suggest starting low, like I did for the SFT @ 0.75%. Although I did get some caramel and chocolate notes in it, what you pair it with, is really up to you, and where you want to take it. The easy choices would be some cream/milk, caramel, and choco (light) to boost what’s already going on. Whether you take it from a drink, and move into a desert, or something else, is really up to you.

7 Likes

Thank you again @SessionDrummer!

3 Likes

Hangsen cream is a great half and half; needs a good steep to really shine though.

7 Likes