Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

#PowerHouse

3 Likes

I finally got some about a month ago. Iā€™m looking forward to using it, thanks.

3 Likes

How long would you recommend @Letitia? I am trying to sft this but not sure how long to leave it.

3 Likes

Never sft creams but if I take it up to 0.7- 1% I steep at least 4w. If Iā€™m using it as an additive at 0.3-0.5 itā€™s okay at 2w but longer is better.

7 Likes

Finally got around to trying the SSA Dulce de Leche and so far yum. Need to experiment with it more but it seems really promising. Any one else try it yet?

6 Likes

Oh my goodness Lucas, I just saw this post now. Do you still want some Delosi Coconut? If so, PM me your info so I can find out what the shipping will be from me to you.

4 Likes

I might have bought it during my last shop. I need to look. If so Iā€™ll throw that in a bottle real soon. Thx for the heads up.

3 Likes

Nope, sorry. It was Dulce de Leche Caramel TPA.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer Not sure if I got a bad bottle or if I needed a homogenizer, lol, but Iā€™ve been having a not so good experience with Mocca Coffee. I SFT at 0.75%. At first it was all good then all of a sudden I take a hit and something foul tasting appears. My wick was new. I thought maybe something floated into my liquid like a cat hair, blech! I rewicked anyway and it started out good again. Several puffs in and that awful off note appeared again. It keeps happening even when I mixed it with some other coffee flavors. Also, when I dry burned my coil I could smell it, that weird, foul off note. For now, I wonā€™t be using it. Very odd indeed. Reason why I mention a homogenizer is because I thought maybe there was something in the liquid that didnā€™t blend, like a particle of something in the formulation, Idk. Never happened before.

6 Likes

Well thatā€™s unfortunate @muth. If I had the same issue, I def. wouldnā€™t have rated it so high. As far as not blending, I only shake mine, so either you got a bad batch, have contamination, or perhaps the flavor isnā€™t suitable for your palate ??

6 Likes

Oh yes please, that would be greatly appreciated. I will PM you now.

4 Likes

Perhaps try in tc so the temp remains consistent?

5 Likes

Thx, Letitia, itā€™s worth a try. Easy enough anyway.

6 Likes

I just saw that VSO now offers a Cafe Mocha which is made with their Espresso. However, I can make my own Cafe Mocha by adding choco to my dark coffees. Lol, I do not go for light coffee.

But this brings us to a common confusion with the word mocha/mocca as it applies to coffee. The mocca or as some call it, mocha, is a bean from Yemen which is known for its distinct pungency. Although, I donā€™t recall an acrid off-note in drinking real mocca coffee in the past, maybe this was supposed to be the punginess in the SSA Mocca Coffee? Or maybe as you simply put it, I got a bad batch (or itā€™s not for me).

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer Did you ever mix the Raspberry Syrup and Shortbread Cookie? I did and the Raspberry took over the show. Iā€™ll have to try it again with a big adjustment. How about you?

3 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten around to that yet @muth, but check above, as I tested the cookie 2X the rate of the raspberry. What strengths/rates did you try them at ??

4 Likes

Cookie 1.25% / Raspberry 1.79% in a pairing. That explains it right there and not sure how I arrived at those numbers.

3 Likes

ROAR, youā€™re killing me muth. Try cookie:raspberry 2:1

5 Likes

Ikr? Why didnā€™t I check your test numbers first? I usually do. Sometimes I go on a tear and just start churning out ideas. I guess thatā€™s what I did without even thinking, lol.

4 Likes

Well experimentation can be the song of success. Iā€™d start at 2:1, but depending on how heavy the rasp is at that, maybe less.

5 Likes