Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

Did you ever do single flavor test on the vanilla sugar ssa? And was a little dissapointed the chefs no longer has ice cream vanilla ssa anymore. Almost looks like they phased a bunch out. Seeing the frozen custard is almost done going to have to go elsewhere for the ice cream vanilla. I hate having to shop at too many places. Waste of money on shipping

4 Likes

No I sure didn’t, and now I’m kicking myself. I think I might have to score a big bottle of their own Ice Cream before it goes, as it was a 10/10 for me.

Agreed. I have to do that more than I like, and what I do (profit/cost tracking) is I split the entire shipping cost INTO the flavors and that way, my price to mix is always correct, including shipping.

1 Like

I just got another bottle of the chefs ice cream it is so good

2 Likes

Seems lame seeing they sold out of it after your review @SessionDrummer lol

5 Likes

That’s such a BS that makes you start questioning what is really going on at Chefs.

ICV SSA is one of top3 most popular SSA flavors (check other vendors and then check what most popular SSA flavors are there; ICV is one of those everywhere).

Chefs also don’t get any new flavors that thousands would buy (they didn’t even get any new Capella yet, despite those flavors are out for more than 6 months already; no new SSA); they are not restocking as frequently as they used to, they suddenly started discontinuing flavors which was never a case before for popular brands, even discontinuing flavors of their own brand CSC…

I bet we wouldn’t like the reason behind all these changes. Definitely not a good sign.

6 Likes

Something is up for sure

4 Likes

I also have noticed that something is going on with Chef’s for a while now especially when they didn’t get the new Capella flavours in for ages as they would usually be the first. NomNomz seems to be on the ball though with these new releases and the only reason I order from chef’s now is to buy their own line or if they have a good sale on, I also think they should lower their free shipping threshold for those of us in the U.K. from £30 to £20 like NomNomz did. I just hope they are okay because they used to be the place that had everything at one time.

6 Likes

Same here. Chefs were my prime shop for years, they had everything i needed, but in last 3 months Nomnomz became a better option for me (EU). Their shipping charges are extremely friendly now (+ zero import fees; while they had shockingly expensive shipping before) and even micro orders for under ÂŁ20 are a reasonable option now for us; plus they have most of new flavors. Hope Chefs get back on track soon.

7 Likes

Yeah i think having to spend ÂŁ30 is shite. I only buy when i get 20% off. I had a so called special code this week for it and i used it. And if you hit ÂŁ30 before discount you still get free shipping. So i usually spend 24-25. But if they did like vapable and rainbow at ÂŁ15 free delivery id order more. But i buy a lot from vapable. Only order from chefs when i need cinnamon donut vta which i wont need for months after the order yesterday.

5 Likes

I used to order a lot from Vapable and Rainbow Vapes and still do for my staples but it’s like they have just stood still for such a long time now and haven’t updated their itinerary to any of the many newer flavours available, it’s almost as if they are more interested in selling the commercial shortfill’s and the likes.

5 Likes

I noticed that too. My main place is always vapable. They usually have everything and of course diy5 gives me 5% off even though its not much still works

4 Likes

@Mikser, @Lucas_James_Holden I appreciate your perspectives on this, as I’m over in the US and don’t keep up with all of the goings ons over at Chef’s. I literally contacted them yesterday, and asked about some more review samples, and they were very nice, and have shipped 20 more already. I’ll keep my ears open …

8 Likes

No way!!! That’s my absolute favorite ice cream!! I’m bummed.

2 Likes

I absolutely love this flavor. I didn’t sft yet because I knew right off the bat what I wanted to make with it and the recipe came out awesome after an 8-9 day steep.

9 Likes

If chefs keeps getting rid of and never restocking items i use there is no need to use them. But i run into a lot of this with chefs and i have to spend extra for free shipping so i buy something and try it and it sucks. Maybe enough people can request ssa and vta at vapable they might carry it then i can do all my shopping in one place. I do prefer vapable offer chefs as they are not as slack. They get stuff in and seems they always have everything you need. Very rarely for me do i need to wait a week for a restock

7 Likes

Problem of small(er) shops is the lack of choice. Vapable has lots of flavors, but not the ones that interest me (so i don’t care about those brands/flavors at all even if they’d be offering them for 25p); while they don’t hold so many flavors that would interest me.

Next, when i decide to make an order i want to make just one single order and get everything i need and small shops are just not an option in that case. (don’t forget while you in the UK may get a free shipping for a lousy £15, shipping costs for us may be a a third of the price in total for small orders).

The other problem is shipping + taxes after Brexit (this same issue moved vendors like vapable, rainbowvapes, thee-cig, vapour depot out of reach for us; couple of years ago i was buying in all these mentioned shops). Chefs have this well made (IOSS) and Nomnomz is obviously even better since in Northern Ireland, not to mention international shipping costs for both are very friendly, while int shipping prices may be extraordinary high for small shops.

All these costs + slightly higher prices of flavors result in flavors costing us 50-100% more at the end in average than we would pay at Chefs/NN, so smaller shops are just not an option (and it wouldn’t be even if vapable gets VTA&SSA; they’d need to adapt their overall business model which is not that simple).

6 Likes

Probably thinking the obvious but is it possible Chefs are culling some flavours to try and sell more of their own concentrates?
Their SC line seems rather extensive now.

5 Likes

See thats the difference literally for me they have everything i use except 2 or 3 items. Thats where chefs comes in. I do use there vanilla ice cream so thats where i go and for vta cinnamon donut. But thats it now once they scrap all the ssa. So i come to the decision i just wont use them anymore. Whenever i need a 5 litre of vg ill add the ice cream. But thats about 3 times a year but they dont always have it. So its more like once or twice a year. But now that i think of it its not always in so yeah its time to try something new lol

5 Likes

@Psycho_316 I just tested Chefs DDL, and it has some GREAT almost cinna sugar notes in it.

4 Likes

I agree but by doing this they are limiting their market because not everyone that goes there wants to buy their CSC line. They may end up regretting this.

4 Likes