Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

Hopefully I’ll mix some up to test yoday, I think I have 10ml bottles wide enough to use the GC or I can figure something out. Not wanting to do 30ml tests. I got a bunch of tall skinny 15mls for 10ml tests but there’s 0 chance of fitting the GC in.

Hopefully BC will pick up the rest of the line I’m sure what they have is selling well

5 Likes

And this is what I want. Have you reached any conclusions on the ones mentioned above, the SSA CMF and the WF MCC?

3 Likes

Whipped cream, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…:drooling_face:
Being a frugal gal I should empty my 30ml bottle of FA first :unamused:

5 Likes

Why? Not an after effect, I hope? :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Do you like it better than VSO Coconut? Can you compare the two?

3 Likes

That’s going to be a tough one. Ironically I think Delosi’s is still at the top, BUT, with the VSO and this one both, relatively tied for 2nd place, it’s hard to clearly state a “winner” as they are slightly different in their own way(s), which makes labeling a WINNER, hard.

I think the VSO might be a bit more natural tasting, than the SSA, but, that doesn’t mean the SSA imparts an artificial taste either, just that VSO might nudge the SSA out in so far as the MOST natural tasting.

7 Likes

Thank you for that. And I never had Delosi’s so that’s what I’mma gonna do :+1:

2 Likes

So @SessionDrummer, with so many flavors hitting it out of the ballpark lately have you been inspired to create any new recipes? I know I have. What’s even better is I’m finding I can put together just a few flavors and come out with something really good. I’m liking this!

3 Likes

LOL @muth, that’s actually the WORST part about testing soo many flavors. All of your free time gets sucked up doing that. Maybe I’ll take a break after this batch, and start creating more.

5 Likes

Yeah, and give us all a chance to catch up. Or at the least slow down the buying process. I have another long shopping list again.

3 Likes

Is BCF having a Columbus Day sale, anyone know?

3 Likes

Nectarines (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – This one smelled almost spot on in the bottle, and vaping it revealed a very light, airy nectarine flavor. I almost got more of it smelling off the bottle than I did in the vape. Maybe I’m test blind to Nectarines ?? Actually added 2-3 drops directly into the tester tank, mixed, and it improved slightly. Either I’m partially blind to this flavor, OR, it’s just a very light flavor. It did taste very natural with some good citrus notes, and almost some citrus oil (but only a smidge), and plenty of juicy-ness. Sweetness was lower than mid-level, and I kept thinking of how clean it tasted, but that could have been from it’s light airy-ness. If any of you test this, and get a more full on nectarine, reveal the secret to me. As it was, it was indeed a very clean, accurate nectarine, but for my tastes, it was just very light, and airy, and would be easily overcome in a mix, unless boosted. Very good, but very light and delicate at the same time. Punching it at 6.75/10.

8 Likes

Will finally have time to get my SSA sft mixed this week. Think I’ll start this one at 2.5.

5 Likes

Do me a solid @Letitia, if you get more of a solid punch, let me know. Normally I can tell when something’s underflavored, but this one didn’t give me that sense. Direct flavor dropping into (full) the test tank is done very rarely, but in this case, I didn’t get much of a boost which was surprising.

3 Likes

Will do. Might pull off half the sft and add a drop of sour.
Really missing the emojis

4 Likes

Ripe Banana (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – I think many people’s perspective on bananas might depend on how they actually like to eat them (or the profile they want too LOL). I like mine leaning to the green side, and if they’re over ripe, I can’t really eat them. Long is the list of nanas out there, and most favor a ripened, or creamed profile. This one actually captured how I like to eat mine, with a little bit of green in it. You may hate that profile, so be advised, that is what I got from this one. Fairly full @ 1%, with lower than mid-level sweetness, and an almost puree of a banana with hints of the green on top. It had a somewhat creamy texture, but didn’t appear creamed if that makes sense. The green portion really tasted accurate, and got most of it on the tail end of the vape. Because of the green notes, and the somewhat laid back nature of it, it might not carry the main nana freight, but could be very useful in many recipes where you need to flush out a fuller banana. I did not get any candied or runts notes from this, and tasted roughly 50/50 natural/artificial. Not the strongest or most natural nana out there, but for my tastes, this one seemed very unique, and could take a space all it’s own on your rack. 8.75/10.

9 Likes

Guava (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – Last one on deck for the end of Series II. I think we’re going to finish it with a BANG. Haven’t vaped a lot of Guavas, but that didn’t stop this one from basically nailing the profile. Pink, fleshy, and punchy were the initial thoughts, with an almost slight fermented kick that really added to the authenticity. Very clean and full at 1%, and that felt really good, not under/over powered. Sweetness was about mid level, and the pink punch factor on this one can not be overstated. Most of the flavor remained in the mid region, with a smidge of low end, and some nice high end punch to finish it off. It stays fairly true and natural throughout the tank with a hint of candied, but only a hint. NO take-offs to be found with this one, and you could obviously go lower for accents, and possibly higher for main notes if needed. Clean, fresh, and accurate were the big take-aways on this one, and it just plain worked. 9.25/10.

9 Likes

@SessionDrummer, you are a testing machine mate. Good stuff!

7 Likes

Thank you for @SessionDrummer for all the work and fantastic reviews! Hardly waiting for Series III soon :wink:

we-want-more-700x

6 Likes

Let the guy make a recipe once in awhile, geez! :rofl:

7 Likes