[REQ] Pulp Coconut Puff

Welcome to the Forum …Can you list the Coconut flavors you have tried in liquids to create the Coconut Puff ???

3 Likes

Makes sense …anyone know how long this liquid came out ???

3 Likes

OOOH!! Aaaaw! Ok!!

5 Likes

now I’m confused about the type of cake / dough :crazy_face::tired_face:

5 Likes

Hmmm, hard to get exacting information on this one, coconut, white cake, butter, icing maybe ??

4 Likes

Shit, it actually sounds pretty good. @mikser, @fidalgo_vapes what are you guys thinking ??

White cake, maybe smidge of yellow cake to fatten out, maybe 2 coconuts for body and topper, some butter cream, and flv frosting ?

5 Likes

icing that gives that cotton candy taste on the exhale? Hum… :thinking:

3 Likes

Well that’s a matter of taste @Angelicash, I’ve never had that juice, and don’t know if FLV’s Frosting is in it or not, but it IS a spot on Frosting. There may be none in that mix, could be FA Meringue with another creating a similar effect.

Is it a White Cake, with Coconut and Frosting ?

6 Likes

That is the question… white cake? Angel cake? Yellow cake? Cake batter? Macaron? With butter cream? Or not? Iced? Or not? Coton candy? Or not… :tired_face:
Coconut… I tested, with yellow cake and buttercream:
Sweet Coconut Flavorah
Coconut Capella
Coconut Extra : The Perfumer’s Apprentice
Dx Coconut TPA
Coconut Candy TPA
Coconut cream pie : Flavor West
Creamy coconut : Flavor West
Noix de coco de Tahiti : Solubarome

PLEASE HEEEELP!! Lol :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I fear you have a problem with your nuts. :rofl: None of these coconuts is giving that dry shredded coconut flakes taste you need (no idea about that Solub one); they are all either creamy, oily, candish. They could be useful for the background coconut in this kind of recipe, but for the main part of the coconut you will need more realistic and dry flakey one.

The best coco for dry shredded coconut flakes taste is Desiccated Coconut VTA. I’m sure Delosi, VSO, SSA could also work well, but i never tried those.

Which one of these is more likely to be used in Pulp’s Coconut Puffs? None of them most probably (VTA is not even 3 years old company, Delosi is too difficult to reach in Europe, VSO is new, SSA could be, but extremely unlikely; i’d say it’s an easy to reach commercial brand and it is probably French or German). Instead of searching for the needle in the haystack, i’d probably just buy one of the mentioned realistic coconuts.

What type of bakery is used is a mystery, but the name Coconut Puffs suggests kind of fried doughy type (plus your sugary airy exhale supports that). I don’t think they’d put this name for a heavy creamy cake or cookies, so i’d avoid those.

My first choice was Beignets Solub for mentioned reasons, but i can imagine Funnel Cake CAP working here perfectly as well; down the road would be FLV/WF Doughs or even Joy FA with some help (avoid Zepolla, Glazed donuts). It could also be macaroons as you have mentioned (Twisted Flavors Coconut Macaroons is rated highly as well and true to its name); but then again, why would they name it Puffs in that case? I’d check the most obvious suspect first (but know that i never were a detective).

6 Likes

My go to is Sweet Coconut (FLV) paired with Coconut (FA) for that dryer aspect. Don’t know if that helps. The VSO is a very realistic coconut. @SessionDrummer has recently tested both VSO and SSA Coconuts. He could say more about the SSA.

4 Likes

Are you sure you’ve never been a detective? I probably have a problem with my nuts :joy:

4 Likes

Never tried any SA Coconut. What are they like? I love me some Coconut, but struggle to get a good mix for it. I hear Delosi do the best one, but I can’t seem to get it in the UK. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

5 Likes

Can’t say, i have no experience with SA Coconuts (but they are not rated as exceptional, so probably not missing a lot there),. As usually happens, i think i have them all except the top 3 (well, Sweet Coconut FLV is really great and useful, but still missing DEL, SSA, VSO)

Thankfully we have our @SessionDrummer to show us the path and save some money… i mean to spend some more. :grinning:

SSA Ripe Coconut, Delosi Coconut, VSO Coconut

7 Likes

SSA ripe coconut, Delosi Coconut, and VSO? totally unknown Oh waw! I hope I can order them from France

5 Likes

So… who has an idea for a recipe? :smiley:

3 Likes

I already know that Pulp’s coconut is not a natural flavored coconut… hum hum?

3 Likes

If the company is based in France they must be using flavors available in the EU. I would limit yourself to that. That, in itself, is monumental.

5 Likes

2022 and… I still haven’t found the secret to this recipe. It tastes a bit like Raffaello chocolate. Anyone got any new ideas? thanks a lot for your help :two_hearts::kiss:

4 Likes

Gamma Octalactone is the compound used to give that Coconut Flavor…A lot of flavors contain it if i were making a Coconut Puff or whatever I would start with VTA Dessiccated Coconut for the Coconut Flakes. I might even add some INW Yes We Cheesecake since it contains Gamma…There are so many different ways to try this BUT unless someine else has tried this it will be hard ti get something that can replace it …Trying to recreate a liquid is damn near impossible. Making something to replace it that is as satisfying or even more satisfying imo should be the goal…

I wish you luck

Note : Your Cotton Candy is Ethyl Maltol and they probably used it higher than you see DIY mixers use it

8 Likes