Some doubts about the mixing of flavors, base and nicotine

I do 6mg nic in PG, so if I choose to withhold the nic until I decide if I like the juice and then want to add nic last for the final product, would it taste vastly different with the then extra PG added from that nic?

3 Likes

Yeah, great idea. I have smaller bottles like 10ml and 15ml but my complaint was that I can’t fit my small bottles in my vise that I use to keep my bottle steady, but Rocky told me to just put 10ml in a 30ml bottle since the 30ml bottle will fit in my vise. I need to get into the habit of testing smaller amounts in larger bottles.

3 Likes

Due to vaper’s tongue? Asking because I have made many 30ml bottles of the same juice because I love it so much, but if I mix the same juice into a 4oz bottle, it just doesn’t taste quite as good even though I allow for extra steeping time due to the larger size.

3 Likes

I’ve got a 500ml bottle that is very similar to yours in the picture (which I just now saw). I just need to find a more restrictive twist cap.

5 Likes

is this the right kind of twist cap?

3 Likes

No! Hard to restrict the flow if not careful. The tops I have are almost too restricted. I can always cut them to allow more flow though.

4 Likes

Yes, that is the problem I am currently having with my current 500ml bottle that I got from River Supply. I am looking on Amazon now but Amazon hates my computer, it is so slow and freezes up on me. So far, I can only find 250ml bottles on Amazon so I need to look some more if my computer and Amazon ever unlocks its death grip on me.

3 Likes

More than likely I bought them on Amazon. They may not have them now, not being able to get them from China.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the replies, so far it’s assumed that adding nicotine sooner or later may just be a matter of personal preference.
I have some doubts but I have no experience.
In the meantime I found a nice discussion on another “competing” forum (which surely many know and frequent).
I hope I’m not infringing if I post the link here, but it looks really cool.

Can i post the link freely?

4 Likes

Bummer that I don’t work in a lab anymore, I am browsing the regular net now since I struck out on ebay and Amazon. I have some of those Plastic Dispensing Bottle Graduated Measurement but they are only 250ml’s. Browsing and shopping time! :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

You are the creator of this post, you can post whatever you want.

4 Likes

Look for condiment bottles their about 10$for 2. Amazon won’t let me link from my phone.

4 Likes

That will be my next step if I strike out on the web for 500ml graduated measuring bottles with a thin tip like shown in your photo. Thank you!

3 Likes

@ZigZag I typically mix everything up at the same time, as I’ve found no real differences in the end result. The ONLY time I do NOT add the NIC, is to my large One-Shot bottles which are recipes that I make often, and it saves a LOT of time, having ALL of the flavors in say a 120ml bottle, pre-mixed. Then I add that into pg/vg/nic.

6 Likes

The minute you open the working nicotine bottle it’s oxidizing. Doesn’t matter if it’s in a mix or sitting on your desk waiting to be added. The faster you use up the better. The PG your adding is small compared to the flavors taste won’t be affected by that much from PG base nicotine.

8 Likes

I always add the nic when I am mixing a recipe, even in tests and larger mixes. My large (500ml) custard mixes steep for months with nic in them and I have never had a problem taste wise…

7 Likes

Good tip @rcleven.

5 Likes

@KC111 I still use Liquid Barn bottles …

6 Likes

@KC111 this has been an ongoing “thing” for quite a while. Why waste NIC if you won’t like the recipe ? Fair point. I use NIC in all my testers, SFT’s, One-shot tests, etc., because NIC does have an effect on the mix. It can be hard to quantify it sometimes, but for me, I want to test the way I would vape it.

NOW, with that said, if you are mixing up 20 rando recipes just to see what you love/hate, it can be wasteful to tossing NIC in every one, BUT, it’s up to you, your wallet, and your tastes.

6 Likes

That link from LB is something very similar to what I use now, and the twist cap is the problem for me because my PG comes out too quickly. I like what @rcleven suggested that has a tighter flow from the spout. I also like the measuring units on the bottle, I just wish this brand came in 16oz, but I don’t see any at the moment. 8oz bottles I do have this option in 16oz…16oz bottles.
Anyway, thank you @SessionDrummer and @rcleven for your very helpful input.

3 Likes