Some doubts about the mixing of flavors, base and nicotine

16oz
Do you think the tip is small enough that the PG won’t come rushing out of this one? If not, then I will get the 8oz one.

2 Likes

I have been mixing batches with Nic and 0Nic for a few months now.
There definitely is a visual difference between including or excluding Nic when mixing.

I cannot compare the difference in taste as I am unable to vape Nic anymore and I didn’t think to try before I stopped using Nic.

I can say flavour wise that I have not adapted my recipes since I moved to 0Nic; to me there is some change in the flavour compared with Nic but that may be due to the removal of Nicotine on taste receptors?, adjustment of draw, wattage etc and addition of heat additive for increased throat hit.

The two bottles on the left were both mixed around 7 weeks ago - left 0Nic, right 3mg Nic.
The two bottles on the right were both mixed 1 week ago - left 0Nic, right 3mg Nic.
All bottles are mixed with the same % of flavour and ratio of PG/VG (I add flavour first and make up a pre-mix of Nic/PG/VG to top the bottle up to the correct weight).

I previously always used Nic when testing (10ml - 30ml) because

[quote=“SessionDrummer, post:39, topic:267086”]
I want to test the way I would vape it
[/quote] :+1:

If it were me, I would add nic when mixing. If I was making large batches for backup/storage I would not add nic until closer to the time it would be used.

6 Likes

Do the 16 oz bottles. Shouldn’t be any different than having ketchup in it. It’s only $.60 difference. Less refilling means less chance to spill from the gallon jug. Make sure they’re food grade.

6 Likes

Thank you, I do like the idea of a slower drip rate with a scale to read. Appreciate the input.

5 Likes

Don’t thank me till the bottles work for you. Hard to tell how they will work from an Amazon page.

5 Likes

Great info, thank you.

3 Likes

This has to work better than the twist top bottle I have that I got the VG/PG from River Supply in. I just refill those but I can’t seem to slow the flow when I am mixing. That PG comes rushing out like a waterfall.

5 Likes

True, but you suggested the condiment containers, so thank you.

3 Likes

Oh wow, why not? That is a good way to quit cold turkey.

3 Likes

Oh, no cold turkey for me. I tapered down over three months.
I have Graves’ Disease and the antibodies also cause Thyroid Eye Disease. Nicotine stimulates the antibodies so had to stop.

6 Likes

You certainly have the best, most uplifting attitude. I admire that!
I’m off to rest, have a wonderful night and thank you for your valuable input as well. This is truly a great group!!
Edited to note: have a great day, LOL. I forgot you were an Aussie.

5 Likes

Well, I try not to post when I’m in bad mood :grin:

5 Likes

@Sevencasper very sorry to hear that, I did not know that.

3 Likes

Thanks, is “one-shot” another way to call “stones”?
If so this explanation finally made me understand what these stones are.
And mixing only the flavors is a very interesting way to act when you have a recipe to repeat regularly…

5 Likes

Thanks, you can say that there are no “problems” (changes) in taste if you have tried it and so if you say this I guess you have done it…
Have you tried making the same recipe without nicotine?

I read in another forum that instead there are variations of taste, some even prefer the taste of the aroma WITH nicotine.
I have never used nicotine in salts and therefore I don’t know if there is a difference in taste between the two types, but, in addition to the taste, they say there is also a difference in reaction between the nicotine in the salts and the nicotine diluted in VG/PG due to a higher acid pH than the salts which favors a slower deterioration…

3 Likes

I believe that the change in color is indicative of a chemical reaction and therefore also of taste.
As I wrote previously, some prefer the taste that nicotine brings during steeping, as if its lack takes away something, makes the flavor less complete.
I repeat that this is only the result of other people’s experience, not my personal experience…

3 Likes

I can’t understand this sentence, the translator doesn’t help me: it seems contradictory, I don’t understand if you prefer to add nicotine during mixing or when it is close to finished maceration…
Sorry

I read about your illness, I’m close to you, a hug and be strong :heart::crossed_swords:

3 Likes

I believe what “stones” are is a common base. Imagine making some bread dough. The “stone” of the bread dough is some flour, some yeast and water. Every “stone” or the making of EVERY basic bread dough is the above ingredients. So next, you build on that “stone” would be to build that bread dough, like adding spices, or adding nuts or dates or sourdough extract, or anything you can think of to make a better bread. In the case of e-juices, the “stone” can be a custard base like your basic custard flavor with a certain cream or egg flavor or strawberry base with a certain strawberry flavor. Then you would build on that “stone” by making variations of that recipe. So you create a new recipe that has that “stone” custard or “stone” strawberry. Like if you were to create a recipe, let’s call it Custard recipe #1, you add the custard “stone” but you add a vanilla flavoring and some butter flavoring to it to create that recipe. What you just created was the “stone” plus the vanilla and butter which is now Custard recipe #1. In another recipe, let’s call it Custard recipe #2. You take that same custard “stone”, but instead of adding vanilla or butter to it, you instead add butterscotch and caramel and you then created Custard Recipe #2.
A “stone” is the same group of flavors that you used to create every custard base. You build on that base to create new variations of the recipes off your “stone”. I hope I am making sense and I hope I explained a “stone” correctly because I am not 100% sure myself.

3 Likes

@ZigZag at the risk of making this more confusing, not really, but here’s why.

I have about 20 recipes, that I make daily/weekly. Many for sales, and some for ADV’s. Some have 10+ flavors, and having to manually mix smaller (or bigger) bottles is time consuming, breaking out ALL the flavors, taring the scale after each flavor, then rinse and repeat for the next bottle, and the next bottle, etc. So, I create very large bottles of “One-Shots” which are FINISHED recipes, with JUST the flavors. That way, all I have to do is PG/VG/NIC, and the One-Shot flavor. Super quick and easy. This benefits people who are making large numbers of the same recipe. The One-Shot is ALL of the flavors, no adjustments, no adds, nothing.

“Stones” on the other hand can be a STARTING POINT to build from. Creams, Milkshakes, Cookies, hell even Custards, Milks, even Fruits. In my lab, Stones typically fulfill one PART of a finished recipe. Creams would be a perfect example. I have 3 stones just for creams. One is a dairy, one is a milkshake, and the last is more of a rich cream for custards. If (LOL) I have the free time, and I want to make a SB Milkshake I’ll typically break out the Milkshake Stone, and then layer SB’s on top of it, without having to manually re-create, or create the Milkshake PART of the recipe.

6 Likes

Would a stone be better explained like having a bowl of cereal in milk. The “stone” is the milk, so if you add Frosted Flakes, that is recipe #1. If you make a recipe #2, that is milk plus wheaties. If you make a recipe #3, that is milk plus corn flakes. The milk is the stone and you can build on it by adding brown sugar or white sugar, or raisins or nuts???

4 Likes