Some doubts about the mixing of flavors, base and nicotine

Hello to all, friends. I have some doubts about mixing liquids: my doubt is whether to mix flavors + PG/VG together with nicotine…or mix flavors + PG/VG and let it ripen without nicotine, which I would add in the last days of maturation, just before using it.

The recipe is 27 ml total, of which 1/3 (about 9 ml) nicotine strength 20mg diluted in PG/VG 50%.
The mix is ​​made up of tobaccos, creams and fruit, I think it will need to mature for at least 3/4/5 weeks or more.

I have this doubt because I seem to have understood that nicotine influences the evolution of aromas during maturation…

I thank you in advance for clarifying my doubts, it’s definitely a topic already covered but I don’t master the English language and I couldn’t find answers… thanks! :frog:

6 Likes

Most places in the uk do nicotine shots with 100ml of juice just shake the hell out of it after added nicotine when its ready. On flavors that people i make juice for are the same as me i just mix it with no nic and add the missing nic and pg after. As most vape 1.5mg and i vape 3mg. And i have had no issues its really what you want to do

3 Likes

You may wish to do a search here for steeping or mixing order… there have been a number of topics/discussions on both… like:

Another topic that might is interesting is making “stones”

6 Likes

@Psycho_316 thank you.
Is there a reason you add PG after that? I thought it was precisely the PG that conveyed the aromas (and in fact they are diluted in it)… :slightly_smiling_face:

@CallMeTut thanks for the link, I’ll read carefully to learn more as soon as I have some time.
What are these “making stones”?
I can not understand… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A stone is a flavor mix that can be be added to a recipe or vaped on its own. There is no nicotine added to a stone till it’s ready to be vaped or steeped (much like today’s one shots).

6 Likes

Let’s see if I understood correctly: is a stone a mix of aromas (let’s say a starting point?) that can be used to create the evolution of the mix?
To give an example: I like two aromas, I prepare them in a mix with the desired percentages…and can I work on this “stone” to evolve?
I hope I was understandable…

5 Likes

yes. It can be anywhere from two flavors to a full recipe. Some are used to give a recipe a base of fruits, bakery’s, creams ectra. Some are complete recipes.

This is an example of a fruit stone.

7 Likes

This is a example of a fruit stone.

4 Likes

so a “stone” is a starting mix (recipe, base) to work with to create something else?

@rcleven thanks for the effort.
I’m trying to understand the difference between the two recipes you posted…you call the first one “stone” and the second one “clone”…there is a difference that I can’t figure out, and they look identical to me

4 Likes

in this thread we basically only talk about personal habits, there is no technical insight and in no way answers the question of whether to add nicotine immediately or at full steeping. perhaps we don’t have enough data on this and it remains a matter of personal choice and convenience?
i’m sure i’ve read somewhere that adding nicotine when at the end of steeping is best… i can’t trace the thread (might have read off from here)…

4 Likes

I’ve done it both ways. I did not notice any difference and the end result was the same either way. You might be putting more thought into this than is necessary. :blush:

9 Likes

First one wouldn’t edit then it magically appeared. Second is a stone not a clone. Typo.

5 Likes

It comes down to preference. I measure by weight. I always add the nicotine first. If I screw up by adding too much I can pour it back in my nicotine mixing bottle. Sort of a no harm no foul attitude.
There is no proper way (one way to mix). As long as your preferred nicotine and the flavors and PG/VG all get in a mix as called for. Any order will do.
I’m giving of an example of a small bottle mix. 15mm to 60mm. People make large mixes. I personally never add nicotine to anything larger than 120mm. To me by the time I get to vape it the nicotine has oxidized and gets harsh.

9 Likes

That makes perfect sense since nic is the most $, but what if you are testing to see if you like it or not first? Then wouldn’t you test a juice after steeping first to see if you like it first, and then add nic?
I need to find a more restrictive dispensing cap for my 500ml PG bottle that I got from River Supply because it always seems like I put in just a little too much by accident.
I am learning so much from you all here and I truly appreciate it.

4 Likes

Sorry, my question above ^^^ was directed at you, I just forgot to click reply from your post.

3 Likes

Tests are no larger than 10mm mix and I’m like Mikey. I vape everything.

I use a bottle like a ketchup bottle for PG/VG. The caps can be cut small or large to accommodate the flow out of the bottle.

8 Likes

Love that commercial!

I’ve heard about these bottles, will look next time I go grocery shopping. Thank you.

3 Likes

I have to make up the pg difference of 1.5mg nic as its mixed up with 3mg nic but final product is missing the nic. I hold it out. So the people that vape the same as i just adding 1.5mg only doesnt give me the correct percentage. So its needs a little pg to keep it 70/30 or 60/40

6 Likes

Im the same even if it is great i vape it i have no waste. If its really unvapable ill just add some other flavors so i can vape it lol. Once i get to 30ml i nic it. Cause im vaping it no matter what lol

5 Likes

The way I see it is I’m going to vape it with nicotine if it’s any good so I may as well have it in from the start. I only make 20ml when mixing a new recipe. If I like it I’ll then make 60ml and see if I still like. So many times I have not been that impressed after 60ml.

8 Likes