SOS Certain flavors burn my mouth, any ideas?

Yes, we should explain! Actually back the first time you tried a vape which I believe you said a couple years back, they were essentially junk compared to the subtank you are using right now. I would dare to say you are now getting minimum 10 times the vapor that your first vape produced. Now think about this, 12mg nicotine with 1 tenth of the vapor. Now think of this, 12mg nicotine with 10 times the vapor. Now I ask you, would you see a difference. Bet you do…

2 Likes

I wouldnt completely avoid fruit flavorings. I dont see any chemicals in Strawberry (Ripe) that would cause this kind of reaction, this is one of my most used flavorings and i have researched the chemicals in it quite thoroughly.

I was doing some googling on the matter and this is an interesting post from ECF

1 Like

These flavors are pretty tame, yet tasty. Creams, nuts, chocolates, etc will be good! Avoid Citrus, Cinnamons, and stuff like that until you’re sure they are ok for you. If it will crack a plastic tank, it may not agree with some people…

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I read it I’ve been reading all day in hopes to figure this out but not yet have I going as much as I have by asking here.

Well keep me in your positive thoughts I’m trying butterscotch @ 6mg.
I guess if this doesn’t fix things I’ll try less nicotine

2 Likes

So…
Seems like I can do butterscotch \(^o^)/.

I kinda banking on the higher nicotine levels in a sub ohm device.
I used to Vape 36 in a ego cartoons setup so I figured bring that I smoke like a tire fire I’d need at least 18 mg.

I’ve got a .ml left in this tank after that I’m trying caramel / vanilla bean ice cream recipe from a couple days ago.

2 Likes

Oh I sure hope something works out for you ! Glad that you cut way down but dang to have this happen really sucks. seems like everyone gave some really awesome advice! So if no spit back from device because ( this happens to me and my tough gets inflamed and sore ) I rinse well and only vape mild flavors ( creams like your butterscotch ) for a day and then it’s better. I agree aspire which I use plenty of them burn hot and don’t like to be low on volume in their tanks. Anyhow I think you said kanger sub tank.
Strawberry ripe appears to have no ethyl alcohol in it I so thought it did I just looked it up. I think it’s the Nic and the Nic level on your device. I just recently had to go VG Max on all batches Bc of PG constantly making my throat so sore it was painful so I do feel for you. Keep us updated ! And believe it or not the smoking even thou it feels better is still adding to the irritation. But I get it ! Smoking helps create a alkaline atmosphere in your mouth bringing down the acidity your getting relief but with a caveat. I will not berate a wounded man ! Good luck !

1 Like

Smoking helps create a alkaline atmosphere in your mouth bringing down the acidity your getting relief but with a caveat

This is what I think aswell.
however this guys gotta quit those cigarettes hopefully it’s the nicotine levels.
As of now I dropped from 18mg to 6mg, I’ll Vape more I just want to keep reducing the cigarette smoking a lil at a time.
As foolish as it sounds I’m bipolar/ schizo effective, I’ve smoked forever & I don’t wanna trigger any psych issues, I had that happen long ago from quitting smoking.
So easy does it wins the race , heck I’ll smoke 4 a day it beats 60

1 Like

Yep it’s a smart idea ! Smoking actually triggers happy chemicals dopamine in the brain when those delete all of a sudden paired with a psych disorder you will not be a happy camper! Be the turtle my friend. Smoke the minimal amount you can each day. I smoked 4-6 cigs a day the last 6 years I smoked and everyone always said the same thing to me. You should just quit altogether you don’t smoke that much. Well it meant something to me. Your means something entirely different we all have our reasons. But at least you got a positive attitude and you reached out for answers and solutions !

1 Like

Thanks Ms.Amy.
I’m so used to smoking, so I figure that if I go slower and comfortably I’ll get much farther than sudden cessation.

I’m trying the Caramel now, good stuff.
Reduceing the carcinogens just can’t be a bad thing.

Congrates on smoking so little these days Any :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I’m smoke free now 1 year 7 months come the 28th of this month ! Crazy how everyone tends to remember their quit date or their freedom date independent date. All kinda names out there for that ! Your welcome :star2:

1 Like

EDIT: Sorry @Joshuafeet , this was supposed to be a general reply, not one to you specifically! LoL

@601VaPoRs Glad to see the problem seems to be clearing up.

@Joshuafeet mentioned making sure you shook and steeped your flavors and I wanted to second that and add a little bit to it. Make sure before you start mixing that you shake the nicotine base, especially if it is in 100% VG. I’ve been told the nicotine can tend to pool in ‘hot spots’ making it possible that one of your batches got WAY more nicotine than you thought it did. I’ve been shaking mine since I learned this…never thought of it before then.

I hope things continue to get better! My advice on the smoking is not to focus on it. You smoke, you smoke, you don’t, you don’t. Enjoy vaping, keep at it, and hopefully, before you know it, you just won’t care to smoke anymore. And I understand about the psych issues and smoking. Back in the day during a sob-story time in my life, smoking was all I had to hold onto. Cigarettes were my best friend…always there when I needed them. I had an emotional breakdown when an ex told me to quit or he’d walk. Good riddance to them both. :wink: The last thing you need to do is stress yourself out with all the “I should quit” stuff. That tends to make things worse. Good luck, and glad you’re here. Support helps, too. :smile:

3 Likes

I agree, honestly I can see myself reduce cigarettes drastically as time goes on,it’s kinda sencles to smoke when there’s no 'relief ’ from the nicotine from smoking,it kinda makes you feel like your doing something for nothing.

Hotspots, we’ll that makes total sense,I started to order the nicotine in pg for that reason but read about all the pg issues & I had a couple long ago.
I believe I’ll empty half of the nicotine bottle into something else so there’s room to shake the bottle.
Because of physical pain issues I can’t shake pure vg,without suffering terribly.

Off topic a lil BUT:
I’m wondering if the TFA vanilla custard was the peppery taste or the possible ‘hotspot’ from nicotine.
I loved that recipe but can’t suffer through the mouth tourture…
If it’s a steeping issue please advise & thank you all so much once again.

1 Like

Oh you may be on to something there vanilla custard sometimes does have a peppery note. Hmm interesting.

How do you feel today ? With the subsitiutions and all ?

I worked as a volunteer in an organisation for people with psychiatric problems and the majority of the people smoked. They have done test and discovered that after a cigarette people with schizophrenia were better able to concentrate than without a smoke. There are upsides to the use of nicotine but they don’t advertise them because then they can’t hike up the tax on it claiming it is bad for you.

1 Like

I do not remember you mentioning what vendor you use for your nicotine. It’s well known around here that Wizard Labs nic gives your juice a peppery taste. I imagine others as well. Your Nic vendor IS a important thing to consider. I recommend Heartland Vapes nicotine, it’s very nice!

2 Likes

Woo woo heartland is the kick I’m on !!! Love it

2 Likes

I’ve been told by 3 doctors “not to worry about it” smoking wise, its not my goal to totally quit because I’m afraid of the psychological issues but reducing alott would help me live longer.

Today the mouth issues have subsided ,my mouth feels like it’s getting better & vaping doesn’t burn so bad thankfully.
I’d almost bet the nicotine had a hot spot, it’s something I didn’t think about.

So I’m gonna rig something to shake bottles.
Would a ultrasonic be very beneficial,if so I’ll just get one,until then I’m gonna 1/2 that nic. Bottle so I can shake it well.

I used RTS supply for nicotine.

I haven’t heard anyone mention their name and peppery together but pay attention from now on. If your juices seem to all be a bit peppery, then change your nicotine…

1 Like

didn’t you have an issue w something like this?