South Park Season 29

The cartoon “South Park” says it’s changing the name of the show, to… Drum roll please!

South America.

4 Likes

“Leaving this up as entertainment news, but monitoring the thread to prevent political arguments. Please keep discussions focused on the show itself.”

4 Likes

Politics not included.

3 Likes

Another discussion that I choose to MUTE! :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

The South Park name change of its 29th season is a satirical (and politically motivated) move, I just want to remind forum users of the ELR policy regarding politics:

3 Likes

Didn’t mean anything by it. Just thought it was funny. Please remove it for me.

4 Likes

I absolutely love south park, watch it every single day without fail, even have teddys of the 4 main boys in my car :joy:, i have seen every season many many times (apart from 27/28 i didnt really enjoy those) & yes, season 29s first episode was a fantastic start to the season, lets hope they stick to these type of episodes over the serialized format.
Also the name change i believe is just satire & not actually a permanent name change? I could be wrong though?
I dont really care for any politics, i dont understand it & i dont care to understand it, so no political views will be coming from me :sweat_smile:.
I just really enjoy the show, along with many other adult’ish cartoons like rick & morty, solar opposites, beavis & butthead etc, i also like american dad, family guy is ok too in smaller doses. Im an immature adult i know, but i prefer watching things like this over mainstream tv any day.

5 Likes

Lol… I’m immature. Stuck in my teens. Wife is not so immature. She doesn’t even like the Simpsons.

We’re into things like The Sopranos, Boston Legal, Golden Girls, Modern Family, Ghosts…etc…etc.

Had a friend, died a few years ago. WWII vet. He was just as immature as I am. We’d sit on his porch smoking Swisher Sweets and sucking coffee, swapping dirty jokes.

It’s satire, but I guess it is mocking the principles office, so I can see the concern.

Lotta folks have road rage, I have news rage. I watch as little as possible.

I get most of my news from google when you go to search for something. There’s always a dozen articles. I prefer science, but when you see something about a territory being renamed, I don’t read the article, I just laugh.

3 Likes