Spheroid V3 or 4

Let me brainstorm, I’m certain I have something with a screw like that knocking around :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

This might be something could remedy with a needle file…

2 Likes

I wondered if maybe another small
Screw had the very end snap off and it’s stuck down there. But it feels smooth when I drag the pin across the bottom and it seems to sit flush so i doubt it.

2 Likes

This probably won’t work but I’d give it a try. Try using a tiny piece of Dental floss, The flat ribbon kind, and place it against one side of the screw thread only and running parallel to the screw. Maybe take that tiny piece of floss and cut it in half long ways. The idea is that some ribbon floss is actually Teflon and might be thin enough to work and it stretches and conforms well. if you wrapped it around the screw thread it would be too thick and would insulate the electrical conductivity which you wouldn’t want to do. To work at all I think the end would have to slightly fold over the tip of the screw in order to even get it started without falling out of place.

Or use a thread locking compound with the following in mind:
-they are liquid chemicals that may leave a persistent taste and/or oder you don’t want
-never use the Red color! That is not meant to ever be removed
-only the green is conductive and meant for electrical connections.
-its expensive and anything other than red and blue are harder to find locally.
-they don’t dry without a close tolerance friction bond of the mated material they’re applied to. i.e. if applied to threads and never screwed in it will remain liquid, unlike a glue.

If I tried the thread locking idea I would use much less than a drop. put a drop on a piece of coated junk mail flyer or paper plate and use a wood toothpick as an applicator.

All that said and I’ll also say that I probably would not try the thread locking compound idea. Too chemically for something you put in your mouth and inhale.

4 Likes

Maybe a go in the ultrasonic cleaner would loose it up

2 Likes

That’s an idea.

As for the others with thread locker - I won’t do that. The dental Floss is thicker than plumbers tape which I can tear down but honestly finding a version of this screw can’t be THAT hard. I want to see if that solves it first. Maybe it’s so small And delicate the threads degraded. Failing that I’d like to
Find it one size up. I think that’s the fix

Fortunately I have the piccoloid and if nothing else I have enough backup Parts for that to stay viable forever.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t that makes the hole bigger? The screw is falling out basically, it won’t bite - I’m not familiar with these things so maybe I’m off in what I’m thinking that does!

2 Likes

The ultrasonic might just shake out any debris there causing strife, my file idea was in the instance find a close approximation of a screw, then file as required

2 Likes

Also failing that, I don’t know if they’re still active, but you could try asking vapor art on their FB page

2 Likes

Ah of course that’s what the file is for.

Unfortunately they aren’t still active - I don’t believe Perseus is answering anything or has any parts available.

I can’t imagine these high end mod / atomiser makers are custom making every screw. Surely not.

2 Likes

Get some measurements when you can, we’ll go from there

2 Likes

Also, just to re-rail for anyone else reading - I am looking to buy one! I just want to help this chap out too

2 Likes

I’m really sorry. I honestly didn’t mean to hi jack this thread.

Have you checked ECF? Looks like one was sold in March for $60. They do pop up there. Maybe leave a wtb post as a catch if anyone goes searching for a sale

3 Likes

Absolutely no worries, I’d rather pay some kindness forward than lament an atomiser :+1: plus nobody told or asked me to help, I just wanted to :innocent:

Yeah seems there and ukvapers does a lot of trade with spheroids, I believe like potv you have to “unlock” the classes though? And my internet’s not letting me other sites right now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That may be the case, I’ve been a member a long time. If you do have to unlock it, it shouldn’t be much. I’m happy to post a wtb there for you “for a friend who isn’t on the sjte” and you can take a few to make some random comments.

2 Likes

Pluspolschraube (einteilig) für den 510ner Anschluss folgender Geräteversionen: V3 - V3.5 - V4 - V4.5 -vs - vs dual could this work?

2 Likes

Interesting. It may well. I’m cognisant of the fact it may be shaped differently which is absolutely fine.

The battery for my callipers is arriving today, I wanted to get the precision of digital to confirm for something so small. I’ll put up dimensions tonight -

I Really appreciate all the help.

3 Likes

I did this and someone straight away went marked it with “disagree”.

How can you can disagree with somebody wanting to purchase something?

2 Likes

510 connector for zeus x mesh rta this looks uncanny

2 Likes

I finally got the dimensions. Bear with me as I try to explain them lol

9.5 mm long and the diameter of the threaded area is around 1.75mm - trying to calliper the receiving tap it seems to be about 1.9

For the length makeup

.5mm is the flat head that sits outside.

There’s a “neck” part if you look at the photos, below the head and above the threads, a thick part and thin part for the neck. The entire “neck” part is 4.75mm with the thick part being 3.75 and the thin being 1mm

The length of the screw that’s threaded is about. 4.25mm.

As you can see it’s a dainty screw with a lot of stuff going on. I’m sure a 9.5mm screw with a .5mm -1mm thick head would work if it has 1.75-.85 threads. I realised I erased the head diameter, I’ll calliper it tomorrow and add, but anything that fits inside a 510 would be fine.

As always, thanks.

@vapelordwolnir i bumped your wtb thread at ecf.

2 Likes