Starting a new job

As some of you know, I have been a commercial roofer for about 17 years now but last Friday I interviewed for a new job and I got the job offer today!!!

Starting next week, I will finally get off the rooftops ( although I will definitely miss the majestic views) and I will be a “Dispatcher” at a National ATM company that services, repairs, sells and refills ATM machines in the southeast region of the USA.

I’m excited to not be out of town for weeks at a time anymore and be in a climate controlled environment.

This also means that I will have more time on this forum and for mixing!!!

44 Likes

Great news! Congrats! :smiley:

5 Likes

Congratulations fella. Really happy for you. It’s always nice to get an early Christmas present. :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Awesome news! Congrats!

5 Likes

Congratulations!!! Look forward to seeing you around more!

5 Likes

Congrats on the new gig!

4 Likes

Awesome grats!

2 Likes

Yeah being on roof’s sucks here in Phoenix

Congrats on your new job

2 Likes

You can still look in the neighbors windows, there is an app for that.
Merry Christmas, and God bless you…and all you hold dear.

6 Likes

It’s a very Merry Christmas, indeed! Congratulations dear. I do hope the company is a good one and
you are happy there!

2 Likes

New jobs are great to have, wish you well.

2 Likes

As a guy that worked construction jobs in college and then graduated to office work, I’ll say congrats first. It is much better working in an environment where there is no reason to wear steel toes and a hard hat, where you aren’t up and down and dealing with smoke and fumes and impact all day. Second, I’ll say watch your food and activity levels. It will be easy to continue eating like a man that climbs and bangs and sweats all day, and you’ll throw on 50 lbs before you blink your eyes. Consider getting some exercise equipment for your home or a gym membership and actually use it. One thing that really helps is walking to lunch if you can or taking a 20 minute walk on a break. Also, try to eat salad or fish at lunch time instead of cheeseburgers. Good luck, office work has its own challenges, keep your opinions close, mind your P’s and Q’s, and try to stay clear of office politics. Just like in the trades, companies value people that are good earners, limit mistakes and always try to keep your eye on the money.

5 Likes

Where in hell have you been???
Merry Christmas, Dad…God bless you.

3 Likes

Congrats hope you like it.

3 Likes

Fabulous news! Congratulations! :grinning::+1:

4 Likes

Wow … (not FA wow) just plain ole’ wow … Thank you all for the support and kind words. It means a lot to me … Thank you guys. Merry Christmas!!!

6 Likes

Congratulations @Mourning_Glory on your new job :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats @Mourning_Glory!! Looking forward to some great new recipes. :wink:

5 Likes

I see that I wasn’t the only one thinking about this!:laughing:
Congrats @Mourning_Glory

5 Likes

Thank you bro. I hope to be able to make some new recipes that may be more to your liking. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes