Starting my INAWERA DIYscoveries

Don’t worry, taste is subjective and maybe my tastebuds were off at the time. I will have to whip up another batch and try again. The Old Havana needs a really long steep, at least a month or it will taste like perfume.

[quote=“Errl, post:18, topic:42700”]
I live the nomadic artist type of life. no bills, no taxes :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]Sounds good to me :laughing:

2 Likes

@therabidweasel … im up in new England all the time! currently in NY :wink: and I’ve made glass caps for some rda’s and some drip tips, but its too much hassle for the money it would generate. I just make that kinda stuff for myself :sunglasses:

@Lostmarbles… I thought godfather was supposed to be a drink flavor? gold ducat is delicious! thats the only one I currently have, I was running out lol. Well that sounds kinda disappointing, but I know I have tried a tobacco with a strong grape note before, Hopefully I’ll be able to find a use for it

@Josephine_van_Rijn… I’m not worried, this isn’t my first time ordering mass amounts of flavors without knowing what im getting into lol. there’s sure to be a few duds :mask:

2 Likes

Put those flavors into your stash on this site…and this site will EXPLODE with ideas for you…It gives you the ability to reference… cross reference flavors… recipes… suggested percentages in recipes and Standalone percentages…along with a lot of discussions pertaining to this vaping endeavor…along with a lot of cool people… :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I would do a merangue. In that grape with a custard.

Or maybe a heavy oolong tea mix might be really good with it

So I started going through my order and discovered that i need to translate a few of the flavor names on the bottles, seems to be only the fruits. They all smell delicious!!! IM gonna go mix crazy today!!! oh and the classic cigar smells pretty horrid @Josephine_van_Rijn :dizzy_face:

Edit: OMG!! at the new lemon cake flavor! its so on point its astonishing!!! the cake and the lemon come together perfectly, it will be divine as a stand alone vape!

2 Likes

I’ve been surprised by how icky some tobacco flavors smell and tastes like out of the bottle as opposed to what they finally smell and taste like once they’re in a mix at the proper percentage.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I mixed up a test batch of INW Dark Tobacco ABS, gave it a test vape…thought to myself, “Nowhere did anyone say this tobacco was supposed to have a shisha cane mint quality!”. Come to find out, after doing exhaustive research in other forums, this is one of those tobaccos which is to be used to enhance a mix, say at .5 to 1% (as most ABS are used), not as a stand alone flavor…unless you like a shisha cane mint flavor.

1 Like

yeah i know what you mean, and hey, maybe it taste great, i’ve yet to try it. But it smells aweful lol. Did you pick up that yellow cake?? @Jimk

1 Like

I just made another little bottle today to find out if my first impressions were correct. If they are, I certainly hope for you the classic cigarillos are more palatable.

1 Like

No lemon cake for me on this round. I have FA Pandoro, which is an excellent lemon zest cake flavor and if I need any more lemon added to that, I always have the FA Custard (very lemony) and FW yellow cake to play with…:+1: :wink:

3 Likes

no but you dont understand!!! this is a very delicate and magical cake!!! as hangsen ywould say about their turtle flavor " you would never know how it feels until you give it a try." oh and if you havent tried turtle… dont! :turtle::astonished: @Jimk

2 Likes

the classic cigarillo smells much much better!!

2 Likes

Let me know how it tastes after you’ve tried it. I’ve been too scared to order it :grinning:

1 Like

will do! i havent gotten to mixing much yet. except that lemon cake :heart_eyes: @Josephine_van_Rijn

2 Likes

The Classic RYO is quite good. It’s a nice, medium dark tobacco. There is also a new for pipe flavour coming out soon, it’s called Black Cat for Pipe. I will wait for reviews before purchase, it has got a blueberry flavour to it.
http://www.inawerawinkel.com/E-FLAVOUR-CLASSIC-FOR-PIPE-BLACK-CAT/1662/

Try the Black Cat yet?

I’ve ordered it, even though I said I wouldn’t and I’ve got it, but I’ve only just mixed it so I cannot tell you yet. I will once it has steeped.

I’ve finally given myself an “eternal pass” for lying to myself about not purchasing another tobacco flavor. I feel much better! :laughing:

2 Likes

I mixed some on 2-26-16 at 5% and tried it after a week. It tasted like cough medicine with a very bitter aftertaste. Tried it again today. I figured it must be good by now. It is still kinda bitter and cough syrup like. I wouldn’t use it as a standalone and a tobacco flavour that is not good as a standalone is definitely a deal breaker as far as I’m concerned. It doesn’t really taste like a tobacco at all. The fruit is very prominent and overpowering. Unless it improves a lot with more steeping, I wouldn’t recommend it. It might do well in a mix IDK. I thought about diluting it to get it down to about 3% but since I don’t taste any tobacco at this percentage, it will probably just taste like forest fruit at a lower percentage. This is my personal subjective opinion of course, other people might absolutely love it. I’m waiting for some more feedback from others to find out if it is just me, or if this flavour just really sucks. :disappointed:

1 Like

Wish it was more of a stand alone winner for you! But, sometimes the lab just screws the pooch on some new flavors. :pensive:

Perhaps, you can find a good tobacco that can be the primary, while adding the Black Cat at a low % with maybe some chocolate or cocoa? You know, a taste like those chocolate covered blueberry candies? In the US they’re made by a company called Brookside. Yummy! :grinning:
http://www.brooksidechocolate.com/usa/chocolate-covered-snacks/fruit-flavored-centers