Starting my INAWERA DIYscoveries

I was thinking that too. Something to tone all that fruit down :grinning:

1 Like

Any advice on Coconut Cookies from the INW Yummy Classics line? I followed the median % for a recipe (2%) and I have to strain to taste anything. Does it need a long steep? It’s in a 30ml bottle and I tasted it after 3 days. I added it to a simple 3 flavor cookie recipe, making it the 4th flavor added.

You need at least ten to fourteen days IMO. Some even longer (3 weeks to a month).

3 days is barely enough time to evaporate the alcohol, much less let the flavor infuse into the VG. (Also, the higher the VG content, the longer the steep time needed.)

1 Like

post your recipe , maybe something is drowning the flave but like @Sprkslfly said steep , i always steep bakery type juices for a minimum of one week b4 even trying , and thats only to get a feel for where its going then ill let sit for another week or two depending on what the mix is a month is always my goal

1 Like

Wow thats some serious tobacco! The inw reviews are your best bet unless you know of someone with similar tastes to your own. I used them to purchase so many INW and FA flavors and it worked out so well for me

It’s KOW’s Sinnamon Cookie Kustard V2 with my own modified percentages. I don’t think it’s posted anywhere but it’s all CAP:

CDS…2%
Sugar Cookie…7%
VC V1…5%

1 Like

so your adding the coconut cookies to this mix ??

1 Like

Yes, sir…

1 Like

I like a lot of Inawera flavors. The only one that was an eye-opener (in not a good way) was Watermelon. It dont taste like watermelon at all. It tastes like a fragrance that degree would make into deodorant.

Do you recall what percentage you used it at?

so it’s not a total waste :rofl:

Watermelon was a victim of the recipe change - the orig watermelon is great newer one not so great but still passable. I think you may need to adjust your % down a little if you get floral.

I’ve tried it from .5% up to 2.5%.

I find that the original gets a bit soapy/floral after 1% have not got the newer one anymore as i have 8 oz of the original - if your sf testing got floral for you I would suggest dropping it even more.

1 Like

Der, I just saw this…

Obviously, by now it’s had time enough to steep and It’s not bad at all. I’ve been tweaking it here and there with different cookie flavors.

1 Like

I wanted to know if anyone here knows much about the Yummy Classic line? My friend who is an Inawera fan sent me some flavors that were packaged in cardboard and plastic like they were in a shop display or something. Underneath the bottle is a fold out set of instructions and data.

That’s normal when you order direct from Inawera from what I’ve seen =)

2 Likes