Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus V2

Yeah Kray I know what you mean, I’m across the ditch, so have the same issue.

3 Likes

What @mjag said.

4 Likes

They just released a postless and velocity style deck you can buy separately that comes with an optional squonk pin. Can be used in the Plus V1 and V2 or with the new Ragnar using the chamber reducer

https://shop.steamcrave.com/plusvelocitydeck_p0961.html

https://shop.steamcrave.com/pluspostlessdeck_p0953.html

Love that steamcrave continues to innovate existing products rather than making you buy all new products each time.

5 Likes

Hehehe, Arrrggggg. That they are. Let me delete my now incorrect post above !!! ^^^^^

4 Likes

I’ll have to look into it lol I’m still looking for a good dual coil for my topside dual.

3 Likes

Is there any noticeable flavor difference between the postless and velocity deck? I’m not sure what I should get lol I’m assuming the postless deck doesn’t twist flat wire like a velocity deck does…any other noteworthy differences for someone using rda mode and squonking?

4 Likes

I haven’t tried the velocity yet @Fishaddict420, the postless and mesh have SEEN to that.

3 Likes

I’ve got the postless deck and velocity for the Aromamizer Supreme V2 and cannot discern any difference in flavor. I typically just use 24g round wire for my builds(3.5 mm, 8 wraps spaced).I find the velocity deck easier to build, simply because of the posts - it’s easy to know exactly where the coils need to be placed for maximum airflow (just higher than the post tops) without shorting to the chamber ceiling.

5 Likes

What a perfectly timed question! Last night I did my first ever Flat wire build. I used postless deck and 0.8 x 0.1 Flat wire.
I noticed no movement of the legs as I tightened down the grub screws. I will have to see how the velocity deck handles the same sized Flat wire.

Unfortunately, I overstuffed the cotton. This is the first time I’ve had insufficient juice flow with the Aromamizer Plus. Still no burnt dry hit, probably due to using Temperature control.

4 Likes

I gotta get that squonkable postless deck myself. I use a lot of flat wire so gonna skip the velocity deck as I am so use to using the postless already. The postless deck leaves more room to do larger builds as well since the posts are not in the way.

I know steamcrave mentioned a postless series squonk deck for the Ragnar but haven’t kept up on if it is happening. I would buy that in about 2 seconds :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t use actual flat wire unless it’s in a staple coil, but I normally use quad core Clapton’s so they are basically flat wire, because the screws come in from the sides on a velocity deck it twists your coil leads, most postless decks don’t because the grub screw hits the coil lead different.

@mjag I can’t get a Ragnar lol I only have two mods that can handle a 30mm top and one of them is the topside dual.

4 Likes

@mjag Are you thinking of the new series deck for the Titan?

4 Likes

No, I do have the dual series mesh deck, that thing is fire, gonna get at least 1 more.

I was mistaken, looked back and it was an option SC had a poll about. They asked if the ragnar advanced kit should include a squonk deck that is Plus specific for coils but will work on the Ragnar or a Ragnar specific series deck with NO squonk pin.

So it looks like the only option to squonk the Ragnar is with only Plus decks, won’t be a Ragnar only deck that is squonkable

4 Likes

Just tried the Plus in RDA mode for the first time. Simple NI80 26/36 claptons on an PWM mod. Can’t believe what I’ve been missing! mmm mmm good!

7 Likes

I was using the Titan in RDA mode for a long time, still held like 5+ ml in RDA mode if I remember correctly.

I really gotta order the squonkable decks for the Plus, it is great in RDA mode too and want to try the Ragnar that way.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m really surprised at how much it holds as an RDA. It’s like a mini-tank. I haven’t measured how much but I will next go-around. I ordered the mesh deck both for the deck, and squonk pin. I can’t wait to see how well that deck performs. The Ragnar looks very enticing, but I just don’t have anything that that thing is going to sit on top of without looking weird. Something I’ll have to ponder…

5 Likes

The Vsticking VK530 holds a 35mm without overhang

I didn’t even realize that until someone on the SC fan club page posted it.

The Hadron also holds a 35mm but the Yihi chip in it sucks. OK if you don’t like TC but even with using the TCR function the TC is not that great. The Yihi chip in the Vsticking is far superior.

I really like the Ragnar, haven’t put it down since I got it.

7 Likes

I have to agree the Yihi chip in the Hadron sucks balls.
The only thing that turns me off the Vsticking is the little joystick, it reminds me of the old Blackberry phones, and on that it was a pain in the butt.

5 Likes

Oh that’s pretty badass.
Don’t friggin’ enable me!

4 Likes

Yihi has been dropping the ball lately, the Yihi chip in the Topside Carbon sucks too. Use to be that a Yihi chip just performed, not that way anymore unless it is in a SXmini mod.

6 Likes