SteamCrave RDTA Way Back Time Machine

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVCl36baeOs

6 Likes

Congratulations !!! Way to go :+1:

5 Likes

Were you able to add them to your order after the fact? I was able to buy this one for $10 direct from SC when they were cleaning their warehouse and found a bunch still left in a corner somewhere. It was a limited amount but just got lucky coming across their announcement.

6 Likes

Thank you :blush: I really enjoy being part of ELR community too, most people seem really helpful

6 Likes

Yes, seems like they fixed the glitch on the cart/checkout page.

4 Likes

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer Do you tuck the tail straight under the coils, or split them and manuever them to each side? I find it hard to tuck the tails straight in without resorting to bending the coils up and then back down again. When I split the tails it’s a little easier to not have to bend the coils up and back down but it makes it easier to botch the cotton by compressing it. Either way I either mutilate the coil or mutilate the cotton more times than not.

EDIT: After posting I realize your coils are not spaced. I use spaced coils leaving no room to work the cotton. Do you use Kanthol wire?

3 Likes

@JiM210 Obviously this will vary deck to deck, AND, the amount of wraps will also come into play, but I rather, FAN the tails, which thins them across the entire spread, and then gently tuck in under the coils. No compressing, no coil bending, etc. Almost like a tuck and fold. Fanning out the entire tail first makes it easier.

Yes, mine are FULL contact coils. :slight_smile:
Depending on HOW spaced yours are will dictate how far DOWN they come into the well, which could cause loading issues. You could raise the entire coil up somewhat, even remove 1 wrap or so, to give you a little more room. Yes, I use specifically 24 ga. Kanthal, and typically run between 6 and 8 wraps, with 7 wraps being the most common.

4 Likes

Because I do soo much testing, and wick changing, I’ve got it down to a science. What happens over time, as the coils get more and more used, after repeated pulling/removing of the wicks, slowly the coils can start to LEAN, i.e. the bottoms start to lean out, due to repeated pulling the cotton out with friction. Then I straighten them back out, or replace them.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Lol, my OG MTL Berserkers have 7ml bubble glass on them. Love big juice capacity!

4 Likes

I still have a bunch of the old Mizers, havent broke them out in a long time tho. Also still have a beautiful drip tip handmade from @bradslinux.

I dont have any with the 3 post deck tho and never used the coils tho i still have a couple.

Truly hated filling these things tho not as much as i hated filling the Goblin Mini V1. Both of them were great little tanks tho.

7 Likes

So i decided to break one out, put in dual 26g single strand coils @ .3ohm and 3mm ID. Fucking fantastic, i forgot how good the flavor was in these things. Ive got @fidalgo_vapes’s BB Cake Pop in it and, wow! Gonna grab the extension as 3ml just isnt enough and im ripping through it every couple hours.

Now to find that drip tip Brad made me…

EDIT: the coils are 316L, it is the only wire i use.

4 Likes

I’m reminded of that @Ken_O_Where every time I rinse it, and load up another SFT flavor test tester. I mean in the big scheme, it IS a dated piece now. Bottom fill, NO juice flow control LOL, but, hehe, the proof is in the pudding.

Sometimes, MFG’s just get something RIGHT. Sure, they’ve made bigger, newer, fancier setups, but, when you look at the first one, you have to wonder. Exactly how much better ARE the bigger/newer/fancier ones ?

:slight_smile:

I couldn’t agree more, and it is still the ONE, for all of my SFT.

5 Likes

This tank is what led me to purchase a bunch of Boreas V1’s, another fantastic bottom feed, side airflow tank but it is top fill. Gonna have to grab one of them now too.

Wish i could find a blue airflow ring but it seems they are up north already, along with most of my stuffs.

EDIT: Ive also got a Griffin 22mm on a mech right now, this Mizer stomps it, hard…

5 Likes

Even the V2’s are scarce…

https://aresvape.com/products/augvape-boreas-v2-rta?variant=10886080987179

4 Likes

Never got one of those, i didnt really see the point especially after i found a bubble glass that fit the V1. However if i could find one at a decent price, well i might just grab one cuz why not… hehe

3 Likes

So happy you got to try this …My Post Office skills are horrible ,

5 Likes

Too much graham for me in the first couple days, not that i dont like it it just makes me cough a bit. But it calms down really nice around day 4 of 5. Ive already made another batch and will have to grab another bottle of BB Muffin.

So gud,

5 Likes