Steeping. Am I doing it wrong?

So I am on a facebook group (don’t remember which one at the moment) and someone made a post with a picture that made it seem like when they steep their recipe, they are just mixing the various flavors that the recipe calls for and not the VG, PG and NIC. Then letting that sit for however long the recipe calls for. Then mixing the steeped combined flavor mix with the VG, PG and NIC after.

Is that how your supposed to do it? Because that is not how I have been doing it.

I generally mix EVERYTHING together (Flavors, PG, VG and NIC) and let that sit for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Inquiring minds want to know…

Thanks
Russ

7 Likes

Who said pictures don’t lie. The mixer made a one shot to add base to later. That is not steeping. Steeping is your flavors being incorporated into your base for a period of time.
That recipe the poster put up still will need to steep once he/she adds their base (PG-VG).

Sounds like you are the right one.:kissing_heart:

11 Likes

OK, GOOD! Felt like a dumb question to ask, but when I seen that post on FB, I was like WTF!! Have I been doing this wrong this whole time !?!? LOL

9 Likes

@rcleven nailed it @Russ24. It’s really only helpful if you use the same recipe over and over, and can just use your pre-mixed flavors in ONE SHOT (no pun intended), rather than breaking out ALL of the individual flavor bottles each time.

Getting everything to “gel” within the VG is typically the waiting part.

7 Likes

Hehe, use the Book of Face with caution.

9 Likes

Your question has been answered perfectly already but FWIW @Russ24 your method is identical to mine.

4 Likes

Might like to read my reply and others:

6 Likes