DIY liquid ne steep

Ditto to the above.

Mix and just leave in a cool and dark area for a minimum of two weeks, shaking daily if I remember.
I just leave mine in a drawer until I’ve tested them and then introduce them to my current rotation.

If I don’t think the juice is ready after two weeks I just put it back in the drawer and test it again a week or so later.

8 Likes

Only ones i leave cap off of is my rf sc. if i dont they do have a little harshness too them

4 Likes

Molecules will evaporate, which can lead to a decrease in the concentration of the flavour. Sorry for being fussy but I just debunked a ‘structured water’ paper as a Christmas favour for a friend, so still in a fluid dynamics Nazi mood…

5 Likes

Deferring to your ‘fluid dynamics’ I have edited my comment above. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I think way back when, there were a FEW times, I off gassed when I had alcohol flavors, but even still using them, I’ve not revisited it.

6 Likes

Could see:

Got to do what tastes best for you.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! From now on, after mixing, I will leave it in the drawer without opening it. The reason why the liquid flavors I’ve made so far fly and doesn’t taste may be because it was opened too much.

4 Likes

I have another question.
About the container for steeping the liquid
Is it okay to use a unicorn bottle for liquids, or is it better to have a glass sealable bottle? I’m wondering

4 Likes

If you have glass bottle, that would be better, but non ldpe plastic bottle also good enough.

5 Likes

I’ve used ldpe with zero fade issues. I don’t get around to using some mixes for months there is no difference in the more recently used of the same recipe. I do keep concentrates in pet much to my fingers regret.

6 Likes

A plastic bottle is OK, though using tall and thin bottles is recommended: trying to maximise the surface area will speed up steeping. 60ml twist tops are my standard but I do use glass for blends with terpenes and cannabidoids as warm bath steeping is needed.

3 Likes

I put my whole stash and steepers in the cold I mean freezing cold furnace room which I should’ve done mths ago. But it is always cold and dark in there (currently in the basement apartment of a home.)

8 Likes

Thats awesome. Good setup there.

4 Likes

Well I was about to try one 9f your recipes…it seems I don’t have 2 of the same flavors you have…kinda sucks.n I don’t care to sub I feel ingredients are there for specific reasons…

4 Likes

Which one is it you where gonna try?

3 Likes

I feel the same way, that’s why I have over 900 flavors. The problem is, when the flavor arrives, I’ve already forgotten what recipe I ordered it for. So I just shrug and add it to my stash till the opportunity comes around to use it.
“Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most” Mark Twain (and me :rofl:)

8 Likes

When you are looking at a recipe, there is a very interesting function in the blue key, which is “add missing flavors to shopping list”, which when you go to see your shopping list incorporates, in the listed flavor, the link to the recipe.

7 Likes

Thanks! That actually seems really useful. I usually just add it to my wishlist at BCF or make a note on my phone if it’s something I’m gonna order from Chefs, but like I said I forgot what I ordered it for. These little tips everyone keeps giving me are really helping! When it comes to internet shopping, I’m a world class pro, but anything else online, I’m hopeless :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

@NeonKoala, @Gus6 dropped a very nice tip to help remember exactly WHAT the ordered flavors were for. I forgot to mention it, but I create a folder for “Waiting For Flavors”, and I always move them there, that way I never loose track.

Snap 2022-01-29 at 12.03.43

6 Likes

Do I need to create a folder for each flavor? Because I tried to create a folder, then add flavors, but I’m just not figuring it out

4 Likes