Steeping and long storage of mixed juice

Welcome to ELR @IA1. As others have stated, the length of the steep depends on the recipe. Fruits a week or so, bakeries, and some custards 2-4 weeks, heavy custards 4 weeks, tobaccos/NET’s even longer.

Never uncap, as if you can smell the flavors, while uncapped, you are LOOSING flavor molecules/compounds = less flavor.

Cap’m, steep’m, and enjoy.

9 Likes

Very good advice from everyone, very much appreciated, very nice to be on this forum and thanks again

7 Likes

You’re welcome @IA1, and please remember, all of this is our ADVICE, so you could always TRY a few (small) samples, in 10ml bottles. Leave one capped for a month or two, the other uncapped, and see what YOU think at the end.

About the only time I can remember “venting” juices, were when I had HIGH levels of flavors that were alcohol based, but even then, not sure what I vented more, flavor molecules OR the alcohol LOL.

7 Likes

Hi mate, yes I will do a small sample first and make notes, thanks again :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome @IA1. Don’t hesitate to ask any question bro. We’ve all been new once- and remember how it was. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Thanks, I will do, all the best :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @IA1 :call_me_hand:
Great advice above, I keep everything Capped for steeping myself :ok_hand:

7 Likes

@D.Sims I still feel new, as I’ve STILL gotta pile of “Yeah, that tastes like shit” juice !!!

:slight_smile:

Looked great on paper, but …

8 Likes

Sometimes it’s hard to let go…

8 Likes

:open_mouth: wow thats a hell of a lot !!!

7 Likes

Don’t forget, above all, to have fun…

9 Likes

Rocky gets it …

6 Likes

@IA1, what @Gus6 said ^^^^^.

9 Likes

LOL, that’s just the maybe’s

:tada: :beers:

7 Likes

Lol @ both you guys @SessionDrummer @Rocky02852!! So true!! If I were in a jam, you guys both know I’d be hitting your DM’S for all that experience info ya’ll got! :muscle:

@Gus6. 1000% brother!! The most important thing hands down.

8 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

Wow, I was totally not expecting THAT!!!

2 Likes

@IA1 welcome to ELR family.

4 Likes

Welcome @IA1, nice to make your acquaintance.

5 Likes

Thanks guys for the very warm welcome, I will be getting around to mixing soon,

6 Likes