Steeping for maximum flavour

I didn’t realize Flavorah had enough flavors to have 4 or 5 going at a time and still be testing regularly.
Did you just recently start using Flv only or do you go back and re-test flavors if it’s been a while?

Typically…
What’s your starting %?
Increase in increments of 1% or does it change somewhere between min and max like when you feel you’re close to the sweet spot?
How long do you wait to re-test after increasing %? Like does it need time to steep with each increase in flavor?
Do you account for the amount taken out to test in the tester bottle when adding flavor or make a new sample with every new %? Since you can’t know how much 1% is without knowing how much you’re adding to.

I’m not organized or disciplined enough to do a rigorous single flavor testing. I’ve been DIYing for over 5 years now but don’t really consider myself a mixologist as I usually mix published recipes or create my own based heavily on others’ recipes. SF testing is always something I’ve known I’d need to do if I really wanted to create my own shit.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I obviously haven’t read your post on SF testing yet lol. Hold off on your reply…

3 Likes

204 flavors to date with more coming… where ya been?

over 900 recipes public and private, can be found here:

My wall of public recipes

My booklet on My thoughts for flv’s rate of use can be downloaded here:

It’s all in my booklet, without going into flavor descriptions and that might come, depending on the time I have to put into it. I’m rather busy atm. :slight_smile:

I test in drops measured on my scales, if you read the booklet, it will show where I started and how high I go and what is my preferred amount for solos. Its been downloaded now over 1478 times.

I take everything and every scenario into consideration, yes. and I test with tanks and drippers as well as pods… I run from .2 ohms to 1.5ohms and from 15 watts to 120watts… my fav is at .4ohms and 30 watts… I have spent a lot of years with ultras and lost count with how long I have played with Flavorah, but its always been delightful. :wink: I enjoy it… and it is all I use.

7 Likes

Too late lmao :slight_smile:
I hope you have a night of good reading… as I am hunting my pillow and fuzzy blankets now

3 Likes

As far as this… only by running solos from low to high will you understand how techie a recipe can become, and by doing them, can and will improve your mixes. I have too many I have shown that agree. :slight_smile:

Practice makes perfection, no matter how different we might taste between us both.

5 Likes

Wow you’re fast on the reply. I think most of my questions were answered in the one post you linked but I’ll definitely download your booklet and look at your recipes. Thanks and have a great night!

6 Likes

You welcome and hope the booklet is as simple as I tried to make it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Spot on. You can usually tell what you will end up with after 3 days though. But your averages are bang on.

2 Likes

NET´s do need some steep too, because they are mixed (as the total ejuice ready) with different components with different molecule sizes. By check and tastesenses ok enough, its tasted.

4 Likes

True, I reckon :wink:

Guess I was feeling super opinionated that day when I said “NO” steep time. Perhaps an, IMO, should have been the precursor to that statement. Thus, I did a little edit to my post and said “a low” steep time… since, there are folks that have more discerning tastebuds than mine. :laughing:

It is true that I can taste the difference between a fresh mix and a mix that’s been sitting around for a couple of months. However, sometimes my need for juice can mask a host of sins. :wink:

6 Likes