Steeping strawberry and custard

i think a lot of us agree creams and custards need 3 to 4 week steep right ??? so if i have a strawberry custard / cream since strawberry flaves seem to lose potency over time wouldnt it help if the strawberry was added at the 3rd week ??? has anyone tried this or does it just not make sense

7 Likes

give it a try dude, let us know the outcome :+1: sounds good to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds like that would make sense to me!

3 Likes

Wow I never thought about that but it makes a lot of sense.

Mix a custard / cream base leaving room for your “other” flavours and then add them in when the custard / cream is almost ready…

You could also try using dragonfruit to improve your fruits potency.

2 Likes

i think i shall try this , i will report back with results

3 Likes

at what percentage ? im not a fan of dragon fruit it does nothing for me , but if it could be used for things like this than that would be cool i just never taste it when added to a recipe

1 Like

A low percentage around 0.5-1.5% just to give the strawberry a kick, if you have some DF put a drop on your finger with a drop of strawberry next to it and lick. The DF can sometimes dominate a mixture at higher percentages but worth a go.

I’m vaping a strawberry custard now with DF in but it’s slightly higher percentage

1 Like

That makes perfect sense to me.

And I’m wishing that I’d thought of it a while ago since I have a couple bottles of Strawberry Fog almost ready…

1 Like

This is why I don’t shake and vape. Many recpies can be super amazing at the snv level. But two weeks later flavors drop. So yeah, touch it up…add alittle more.

With custards they take over the mix and beat up on flavors. Sometimes good sometimes bad. So with strawberry I go higher in the percents to start with.

Personally I develope recpies already with age and steeping in mind. That’s my personal take.

My favorite touch ups are lemon fe to lemon recpies, lime cold press FA to lime recpies, peach INW to random failed bakery recipies, and so on. Often just 3-5 drops or 0.07grams for FA/INW touch ups.

5 Likes

I disagree with that comment, i made up some sweet strawberry from capella as a single flavour
I steeped for 4 weeks and there was no strawberry smell or taste when vaped
I stuck in at the back row and forgot about it
2 months later i opened it and to my surprise it smelt like ripe strawberrys just like they do when you open a ponet of fresh strawberrys
The colour changed to a golden yellow and it vaped awsome

I think strawberrys need much more time to mature, i cant be sure of the other companys as i only tried Capella sweet strawberry

Only sweet strawberry flavour in this juice by cappella with 0.3 nic

3 Likes

What percent did you use?

15% of just sweet strawberry by Capella and 0.3 nic

1 Like

Well, I totally agree about adding steeped seperate flavors later. That’s how I do things most of the time. If I make a strawberry custard mix I always add more steeped strawberry before I vape it like an hour later. Good ejuice is an art. I find that is the way my strawberry milkshake (custard) tastes the best. I also find that if I add a different brand of strawberry, it doesn’t always improve things. Sometimes it downgrades the flavor of the present brand. It all depends on the recipe or I haven’t completely figured it out exactly yet. It might be a matter of how much of the new strawberry you add. I haven’t experimented enough in an exact fashion to difinitively tell the specifics.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Is that a uk only flavor?

There’s red touch (strawberry) FA. With that one generally speaking at 15% it would start off very much muted for me…I’m sure you would get something from that after a month. Of course everyone’s taste is subjective…I know someone does strawberry shisha INW at 12% for a MTL vape at very low watts.

Normally for basic strawberry I rock 1-2% strawberry FA with 3-4% ripe strawberry tpa.

1 Like

Wow! That is an amazing idea! I am definitely going to give it a try with my next mix. Thank you!

1 Like

with that percentage and the potency of the fa its no suprise after a month it would taste good still , what im refering to is th mixed recipes where you using a much lower percentage along with multiple flavors

@Amy2 @JoJo @ringling @ozo @DIYorDIE @DarthVapor any thoughts ??? on the original question of thread

1 Like

Sorry, I do not use FA flavors. Personally I use FW Strawberry mixed with TPA Sweet Strawberry. Both usually around 5% in a mix. FA flavors are much more concentrated and my guess is the %s @Chrispdx uses would work just fine. Of course depending on the flavors added but custard should be fine. You’ll have to adjust to your taste anyway, it’s a good starting point…

2 Likes

i meant the original question regarding adding your fruit flavors later during the steeping process

OK, seen your original question. My opinion, all flavors should be steeped together for the full benefit of steep. If there is a weakness in flavor according to your preference then recipe tweaking is in order. Good luck with it…

3 Likes