Still no way to block users?

Well that’s the vagaries of human nature. I must admit, due to my academic background, I just see it as the unruly nature of students. People will do odd things and have completely different views from you. But sometimes it is necessary to acknowledge them in order to adjust your own worldview. .

6 Likes

I agree, that is the nature of humans. But forcing folks who just want to get along and move along to interact with and be harassed repeatedly by those who couldn’t be trusted to supervise paint drying is just inhumane and unnecessarily cruel. Especially in an environment intended for folks to support and help one another grow…

Well that’s your impression of the situation. It’s sad if you feel personally attacked but the method of correcting recipes is pretty much an attempt to herd cats on a rather wonky table.

5 Likes

I think you missed the point here. This isn’t about a recipe being critiqued. This is about someone intentionally, maliciously, and personally attacking me and several others- and having no recourse for it. Basic stuff, nothing more. Anything you read into it further than that is just you projecting. I am simply asking for a way to remove problem makers from my interactions here. That’s it…

4 Likes

2 Likes

It really hurts to see a famous mixer attacking another famous mixer, probably only you two and maybe few others know what happened.
I personnally doubt it’s only about the flavour DB or it’s naming and conventions, or recipes comments we all know how it works, but @TheMeterMixes you know perfectly that you cannot “Block Caller” on this side (only a ban…) or on the calculator side, unwanted comments on the recipes can be deleted by both, so why start the 3D?
Just to point the finger to TZ? Definitely not here on this side, where we all know the work and effort that TZ put on “trying” to clean the shitty DB and if the platform is a nightmare for somebody, free to go where he finds it easier, not the only place around.
At the end I saw people going from one platform to another because they didn’t like something/somebody or the way they managed the calculator (we all know what we’re talking about…) or because the site had malicious cookies and nearly shut down, or just changed because they found it easier.
ELR is not the only place, so it looks like it comes down to personal resentment, I might have got it all wrong and didn’t understand the issue. Wrong flavour names? can be corrected, but there is a naming convention, I personally added all the new FA flavours in the DB, not a prob, just kept TZ on the loop, but just for the sake of it and it’s the right thing to do, if wrong he would have been the one to do the double work. So it comes down to something else… I apologize if I got it all wrong, but it hurts.

9 Likes

I have to agree. I can’t imagine having the task of cleaning up the data base. There are so many wrong entries that I’m having to go back through my earliest entries to correct them. I didn’t know much about ELR a year ago. It’s something that needs to be done. Honestly, if I see a concentrate that is completely wrong IE: (Liquid Barn) Vanilla Ice Cream instead of vanilla ice cream (liquid barn) or just Red Touch instead of Strawberry (Red Touch) FA, I mention it in the comments.
As far as rating, I don’t think that’s right, and thank you for speaking on the matter. I’d probably be one of them for inputting wrong names as a beginner.
Blocking? :woman_facepalming:
Thank you for all you do!

8 Likes

It’s an issue faced when TZ decided to take the burden, discussions whether it was the case to delete all wrong entries and related recipes, what you’re looking at now, it’s nothing compared to the discussions done about what to do with the DB, if keep it open or close it, but closing it wouldn’t have been that easy, due to technical issues, after all this years it just kept on getting bigger and bigger, keepig it tidy it’s practically impossible, but knowing how to use it by having the correct stash is an extremely powerful tool.

8 Likes

By OP request this thread will be closed

7 Likes

Dude, that was very well put. I mean everything you said, not just what I quoted.

I’m a passionate fellow and the OP and his post really just pissed me off and I acted without thinking. Which, is usually how I do things. Not on purpose, you understand.

If metermixes wanted only to find out how to block users, which he knew he couldn’t, then he would not have bashed a member of our community on this side.

I don’t know the whole story but having helped with it for a short time I knew I couldn’t do what TZ does. I can’t deal with the stress of SO MANY people that act like children. I had no idea. None.

I’m amazed at how many people can barely interact in society.

No, I don’t think he did miss the point. You should go meditate or something similar to better yourself. Not a one of us would have responded the way we did if you did not attack one of our friends.

If this is true then you should take it to the moderators.

3 Likes

Tell ya what…why don’t you test that out for a week or so, but use YOUR name. Who knows? You might have conjured up a great solution! :sunglasses: We’ll be watching (gets popcorn).

5 Likes

You don’t have any recourse because everything you stated is untrue. I make comments for recipe corrections. Nothing more. I never initiate personal attacks. Not my nature. But I will stand my ground. And if you honestly believe you’re a victim here then there’s little hope for you. You and your friends never want to see me? That’s easy. Use the naming conventions correctly!!

10 Likes

@Dan_the_Man thank you for offering to help @TorturedZen out. He does have a hell of a job here.

6 Likes

You’re a damn liar, and the fact that you came back to talk MORE shit here just proves it. Fuck off, you scumbag.

It has been, and nothing happened. Hence this post. Don’t make assumptions without the facts. SMFH

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.