Store flavors pg in the fridge?

Hi i just wonder if its good to store my pg flavors little colder in the fridge do they last longer then?

2 Likes

Not really necessary, most will do just fine in a cool, dark place. Nic in the freezer if possible, though.

5 Likes

Okey thanks yes the nic is in glass bottles on the freexer

6 Likes

@min0 there’s a lot of different opinions on this subject out there. I typically keep all my non-natural flavors at room temperature, BUT, I keep all of my natural flavors, i.e. Medicine Flower, in the fridge.

5 Likes

Flavorah once said about this subject that cold can “break” our flavorings. Whatever that is I’m going with that they probably know what they are talking about.

6 Likes

Okey damn i let some cake batter dip and sugar cookie been in the fridge for 2h but then i took it out when you wrote that

5 Likes

I started using a Fridge awhile ago…I had all my flavors in a closet , the heat came and I forgot how hot the closet could get and flavors actually muted ( best explanation ) . I also set me fridge at it warmest temp so its about 52 degrees and I have zero condensation . I have flavors that are 3 to 4 years old and they are as fresh as the day I bought them …

6 Likes

That must be the ideal range. I have my flavorings stored in a conditioned room that doesn’t get above 65 so I think condensation does play a big part in shelf life. I believe Flavorah may have said not to freeze flavorings like we do nicotine. It’s been a while since I heard that so I am not exactly sure at what temperature of cold hurts flavorings.

3 Likes

I think condensation would definetely hurt…If I can control the room where my Flaves are I wouldn’t use a Fridge…I ciuldnt imagine losing all of the flaves I have now. Back when i lost them i may have had 100 or so now I’m close to 1000 and have a small firtune invested in Medicine Flower lol…I would cry probably. I also use these
https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Fridge-Refrigerator-Filter/dp/B005N7FI9I

The drawback to fridge is flavors will crystallize ( not all ) AP , TPA malted milk , INW vanilla shisha and FLV popcorn seem to be biggest offenders…

3 Likes

Mino if your thinking about using a fridge i would suggest a Dedicated fridge that you only use for your flavors …

5 Likes

That’s got to be a dedicated fridge, right? No way I could fit all my flavors in my kitchen fridge. Plus, I don’t think I’d enjoy fishing around for a flavor finding that someone put it in with the onions and Limburger cheese.

3 Likes

I don’t think @fidalgo_vapes was recommending flavors in the fridge, and I’m in agreement with that, EXCEPT for my Medicine Flower flavs, which are all natural @muth.

3 Likes

Idk, it sounded like that to me, at 52*.

“I started using a Fridge awhile ago…I had all my flavors in a closet , the heat came and I forgot how hot the closet could get and flavors actually muted ( best explanation ) . I also set me fridge at it warmest temp so its about 52 degrees and I have zero condensation . I have flavors that are 3 to 4 years old and they are as fresh as the day I bought them …”

No?

2 Likes

A Medicine Flower rep said it doesn’t matter, she said she doesn’t refrigerate hers. I do though. Habit I guess.

4 Likes

I have some pretty old flavors that are still okay but the last time I tried my FA vanilla classic and vanilla bourbon the classic tasted like nothing and the bourbon tasted like wood. No other properties, just wood, lol.

3 Likes

I was actually told due to the all natural extracts, that you could almost double the life by refridging.

3 Likes

Well @muth, if you have THAT kind of success, why stop ?? !!!

1 Like

Yes…the fridge only has Flavors and my open Nicotine in it …

1 Like

Just repeating what a rep told me.

Your extracts can be stored on your shelf or in your refrigerator…both work. Some say refrigeration helps the product to stay fresh longer. I personally store mine in my kitchen on the shelf.

Have a great day!

Marlee

Medicine Flower

3 Likes

Ivory ??? Or who ?? Ive talked to Alysia many times and two things she stressed to me was that using a Cap instead of the Droppers to store would help keep flavors longer and to Keep them refriderated after opening is the best way to store them…The Rep is right that they DONT HAVE to be stored in a fridge …

3 Likes