Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

You know you need to stop watching “Intervention” when you read the title of this thread as “Snorting and organizing your DIY supplies” :unamused: :scream: :relieved:

7 Likes

You guys have some nice stashes. Mine is not as neat as most but it is well organized. It’s all in alphabetical order with the alphabets labeled on the side of the box. Each flavor has it’s own 1.25 inch square wire cubby hole. I keep my PG, VG and Nic in juice type squeezable bottle with the pop up plugged tops that I only uncap to refill. I have memorized a lot of the flavor locations and have a little more room for expansion. As I use up one flavor then I order the 4 oz. or larger size to refill the small bottles. The small dripper and juice type squeezable bottles come in handy when mixing by weight.

8 Likes

I use these boxes. $2 from cheap shops, lid comes off. Soft plastic, they last for ever, easy to rinse out, stick anything in them. For flavorings I use different sealed plastic boxes stored in cupboard so the smells don’t overtake my living space. Juices are kept in another cupboard.
Nic lives in freezer, fridge is used for long term juice storage if I don’t want them to steep any further. Note it is a juice only dedicated small fridge, NEVER stick Nic in a fridge used by others for food, people and specially kids might taste it out of curiosity and we know how that might end up. Most of you know this but there is always the one…

3 Likes

I’m looking at one of these…
But, I’m a ‘beginner’ and don’t have nearly the collection some of you have… Currently, I use a spinning 3 tier cosmetic rack.

3 Likes

42 Likes

Awesome mixing station !! I’m trying to sell my house right now . I’m gonna buy a home hat I can setup something like this .

Thank you it took awhile to put together.

Just… I… I… Just wow! :smiley:

2 Likes

Like a BOSS, bro! Like a boss!
On the right, is that one of those ultrasonic(?) mixers? Sorry, don’t know what it’s called. If so, how do ya like it and about how much is one? What are some advantages of it?

It’s a magnetic stirrer hot plate. I found the one in the front on eBay for $100.00 and I built the other ones out of coffee pots. They all work really well. One of the advantages is being able to heat up the mix enough to thin it out so it mixes better.

3 Likes

How’d you place the magnet/motor in the coffee pot plates? That sounds interesting! I was thinking of doing something like that with a cheap PID for precise temperature control…

Dude, that is the set up of a lifetime…
I am with daath, all I can say is WOW…

1 Like

The heating element in the coffee pot is shaped like a horse shoe. I took the blades off the computer fan and mounted the motor to a bracket inside. Then plugged the 12 volt power supply into an inline dimmer switch so it is variable speed.

3 Likes

Love your setup. I just got TPA 140 assortment and trying to organize. Are your different sections in ABC order?
I’ve been labeling with a white out pen on the top using J for juice, Nut, Liquor, Additive, Dairy and spice and Flavor. I prefer your sections better though. I was putting chocolate and coffee and tea in the liquor area.

1 Like

Thank you. I labeled all my bottles so that i could see the labels easily on the 3 tiered organizers that i bought on ebay. I organized them by flavor manufactuer. Then I grouped them by Fruits, Creams and most used flavors in my mixes.

2 Likes

@Chris21, would it be possible to see more detailed pictures of your coffee pot magnetic stirrers? Great setup!

3 Likes

Don’t they leak laying on their sides?

Here are some pictures.

4 Likes

I don’t have any bottles laying on their sides.

1 Like

I haven’t had a problem with them leaking I have mine in their sides.