Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

You people shamed me into getting somewhat organized. Everything is in one place! LoL Yes, that is a hairbrush…I didn’t have a bottle drying rack. Don’t worry, it’s clean…I think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

25 Likes

LOVE the hairbrush ideal!

2 Likes

I have the same storage drawer but never thought about a hair brush for a bottle dryer. Pretty dang smart JoJo!

2 Likes

Ninja-nuity! LoL My daughter saw it and said “Oh my gosh, what happened to that brush??” :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Love the brush I’m gonna tear one maybe two down today my daughter is gonna kill me… lol gone are the paper towels with bottles leaning (or not)against the bins

2 Likes

Yes, fantastic idea for bottle drying. Only a lady could come up with that idea. Got a idea for drying 150ml bottles? The only thing I have found thus far is putting them in the upper dishwasher rack. Have thought about buying a rack so the wife is not always complaining “WOULD YOU PLEASE GET THOSE BOTTLES OUT OF THE DISHWASHER” …lol

5 Likes

Baby bottle drying rack…? They’re usually pretty cheap. My biotech lab (class) had a really neat drying rack that had all sizes of ‘pins’ on it. I wanna steal it. LOL

5 Likes

Thanks Jojo, never thought about that. Leave to a lady for ideas of this nature. I never knew there was such a thing as baby bottle drying rack. Now to find one that is strong enough to last a while. Thanks again…

2 Likes

Same here! Works like a champ. However, since I’m the dishwasher in the house (my wife cooks and I clean; fair trade!), the dishwasher is totally my domain!

5 Likes

Being I’m as good a cook as my wife we kinda share including dishwasher. The domain neither of us want to claim is EMPTYING THE DISHWASHER, lol, Except my bottles of course…

4 Likes

So true! Why does no one want to empty the dishwasher? I typically use it as just another storage place for dishes until they’re needed! LOL

7 Likes

I spend the summer as a bachelor while my wife and daughter stay @ The summer place so I’ll be turning my kitchen and den into a lab slash work shop lol!!! Hahaha

5 Likes

Yes I use a baby or dish rack boon grass

10 Likes

Isn’t it funny I want to take every rack in the lab when I go down to pick up blood or drop off specimens I am totally scanning the whole place looking at each of the racks. Although vacu containers are smaller than most flavor concentrates even WL’s glass ones I already tried that out didn’t work :unamused:

1 Like

I definitely may have stolen some supplies from the lab when I first started DIY. Mostly 1ml pipettes and 15ml tubes. LoL I’ve never seen that grass before…clever! I may have to get some. It’d look a little nicer than the hairbrush. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey I liked your hairbrush idea. And yes I do lewd my syringes blunt tips alcohol pads long q tips from work when getting low on occasion hey most of it is in my scrub pants pockets when I dump them out when I get home us nurses can be clepto’s lol unintentional :laughing:

4 Likes

I also “aquire” items from from work my job allows me access to all area’s of the hospital …sometimes things get left in the pocket oops!!

3 Likes

Ok guys and gals, I would like to show you a idea I came up with for storing my flavors. First, let me show you how I stored my flavors originally…

As you can see I just built shelves for the flavors. Well this became a ever growing problem because the smell would knock you over in the room. Now I have not finished my new setup but let me show you my solution that is actually working…

These are organizer boxes you can get at any sporting goods store in the fishing department or other places as well. They fit easily (8) 4oz bottles in the medium depth size or quite snug (8) 8oz bottles in the most deep size. As you can see you can close the doors and the smell is reduced to nearly nothing. I think I just may deserve one at-a-boy for this idea. It’s not finished and am looking for shoe box size clear boxes for 16oz sizes. I’ll find something out there somewhere…

40 Likes

Looks awesome ! Good idea

1 Like

That’s pretty sweet! I’d say I’m super jealous (which I am), but you’re running a business so I guess I can’t hate too much. :stuck_out_tongue: Great idea using the boxes like that. I’d looked at a tackle box for storage but wound up just getting a small plastic drawer thing. The rate at which I’m going, I may just wind up needing something like you’ve got. And, call me crazy, but do you happen to be a flavor west fan by any chance? LoL :wink:

3 Likes