Strawberry Kiwi Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Hey all! First time poster here. I’m very new to DIY but I’ve been fortunate enough to find some great recipes on here. I’m looking for some suggestions on a well balanced strawberry-kiwi-vanilla ice cream recipe. Something where the strawberry is not overly strong, with a smooth almost dessert-ish flavor. I’m open to suggestions. Please help!

3 Likes

Don’t know about the kiwi part but @fidalgo_vapes has a awesome strawberry milkshake recipe!

6 Likes

Current attempt was 8% strawberry, 6% kiwi, and 6% VBIC. It’s not bad, very good actually. But not quite what I’m looking for as it was almost too fruity.
I’m considering a 10% VBIC, 6% Strawberry, 4% Kiwi mix on next attempt. Thoughts?

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look!

1 Like

That’s quite abit of vbic probably want to add a different cream to add to creaminess versus more vbic! Maybe cream fresh from FA at 1./. I’m sure you’ll get lots of suggestions shortly! 6./. Seems like plenty to me! Also there’s liquid barn VIC which is way more creamy then caps!

6 Likes

I didn’t even consider the marshmallow! Have you had success on marshmallow adding that “creaminess” factor to your recipes?

1 Like

It’ll add sweetness and more volume to the mix! Which marshmallow? Could also boost the vanilla aspect with a vanilla flavor. Maybe shisha vanilla or holy vanilla!

4 Likes

TFA for strawberry, VBIC and marshmallow. FA for the kiwi

2 Likes

Ya probably use 2./. It’ll add a touch more creaminess and all the other stuff I mentioned above! Also get strawberry ripe tfa and mix that with reg strawberry from tfa for a nice strawberry flavor probably be like 3-4./. Ripe and 3-4./. Reg strawberry

4 Likes

Awesome. So here’s what I’m thinking, if it makes sense:

5 VBIC
2 Marshmallow
6 Strawberry
3 Kiwi

I can try a 10 ml and see what how it comes out!

3 Likes

Flavor West kiwi is a great sweet kiwi with minimal tartness, very smooth also. Not sure how it’ll work with ice cream, might be too heavy. But I love FW kiwi, my fave.

Vbic 3.5
Marshmallow 1
Tfa strawberry ripe 3
Cap sweet strawberry 2
FW kiwi 3

Kind of a strange profile but who knows lol

4 Likes

sorry to butt in , do you have sweet cream of any kind ? btw ty @GalacticResidue for the shout out , i need to V2 that recipe it turned out good enough but id add more Red Touch and lower or change the MM

2 Likes

makes sense imo but id try loweri g that MM and the VBIC and adding a lighter cream

3 Likes

No need to apologize! This is an evolving recipe, sometimes is takes a village to make a great vape.

I do have both sweet cream and Bavarian cream, and I did heavily consider using one or both at one point.

3 Likes

together they work great to create a full cream but the BC isnt needed here imo , is it tpa sweet cream

2 Likes

DX Sweet Cream to be exact

4 Likes

speaking of vanillas i owe you a sample dont I

2 Likes

hmmmm im not sure the difference but at .5 to .75 it will add a sweetness and silky feel to the vape
i like where your going but for me i get a pepper note from the TPA vbic ( which doesnt happen for everyone )

Straw Ripe 6
Kiwi 3
VBIC 3 to 4
MM 1 to 1.5
sweet cream .5 to .75 maybe even 1 pct id have to look into that flave if it was FW or Cap id know better lol

make a couple versions at 15ml or so playing with the percentages test at 1 week the 2 weeks i think ths recipe would be fully developed at 3 to 4 weeks , sometimes over doing creams kills the fruits and that sweet cream will take time to develope as well , i took a few months off making new recipes vut am getting back into it on a more consistent basis

3 Likes

Couldn’t hurt to add a shot of the sweet cream, would definitely add another edge to it.

2 Likes

Ok, maybe I have some valuable tips. If you want the strawberry to not shine out so much, then FA Strawberry is the way to go. It fades some during steeping. FA has a new Strawberry, but I’d stick with their common Red Touch.

Capella offers the best (IMO) VBIC. But using it alone? IDK, you gotta use a another cream that’s sweet. DX Sweet Cream is an exclusive of mine, and always gets me where I’m trying to be. But that’s the great thing about DIY.

You also may want to add more vanilla as well to get the creaminess you’re looking for. Maybe like a French Vanilla Cream?

And the Kiwi? Well. Mostly, it has a certain tartness to it, that might interfere with the strawberry. Not that it’s impossible to get rid of, but this is prolly going to be a challenge.

If you want, I can partner up with you on this, as we keep trying to nail it. That’d be fun for sure. You mix something, I mix something, and we report to one another. A recipe like this should be shake-n-vape, so it couldn’t be too hard

3 Likes