Stupid massachcetts ban on flavor vapes

but its ok to sell known cancer causing cigarettes’
this is corruption at its worst
the state gets a cut of cigarette sales and vaping was cutting into that in a big way
agencies that fought against vaping
mass state
cancer society
governor charlie baker
cdc
big tobacco
us food and drug
according to tests vaping can cause respiratory problems in %1.3 of users
but evil cigs cause lung cancer in %15 of smokers
IDIOTS !!!
we need a better way to ensure our leaders are not completely stupid

10 Likes

do you mean that you can’t buy flavorings for DIY juice?

4 Likes

no i can do the diy thing
but the ban has basically shut down every vape store in mass and killed it for those who dont make their own juice
and i cant go to a vape store for coils and some pre made juice that i like
and no one will send any flavored vape juice to my address

8 Likes

i used to see a lot of people vaping here but
now that is rare

8 Likes

I live in MA too, dex. I’m so livid I can’t find the words. Every chance I get I answer casaa calls to action and email/call my state leaders. Once all this new administration thing settles down I’m going to start writing letters. I’m going to make it clear that if I supported you I expect the same in return.

10 Likes

I was born and raised in MA. I left in 98 and have been there 3 times since. I don’t miss it at all. This is the same state that passed the Equal Force law back in the early 80’s. For those who don’t know, it means that if someone broke into my house and had a knife, I’d have to go get a knife to fight him off. If I used a gun, I’d go to jail. Fucking morons!

9 Likes

Yeah I was born and raised a Masshole, got out in ‘82, and I could care less that they won’t even let me back in, good riddance!

7 Likes

Pissed someone off, did you? :+1:

4 Likes

I did not know about that law. So if someone breaks into my house with a water pistol I’d have to get my water pistol to fight him off?

3 Likes

Yep, that was the law. Thankfully, it was repealed after a few years though. I was just telling my wife about Quincy and when they changed all the street signs to Vietnamese and English. They also tried to force businesses to put up signs in Vietnamese as well. That law lasted a couple of years. My wife’s family are immigrants and nothing pisses them off more than stupid shit done by well-meaning people in the name of immigrants.

3 Likes

If I moved to another country my goal would be to learn their language. Sure I wouldn’t mind the help but just saying. Those signs would be mighty big if they included everyone!

3 Likes

It’s astounding how much of the world knows English nowadays. The world recognizes the need for a common language for business/politics/education and the internet.

When I first started traveling in 84, not many knew it. Now it’s very common to find many people of all groups who know some English. It’s become more dangerous to insult people in English…everyone knows our curse words thanks to Hollywood. :rofl:

4 Likes

I had friends from Toronto once and they thought “fuck off” was the most compelling curse they had ever heard. They couldn’t stop repeating it.

2 Likes

In the UAE you cannot curse anyone in public. If you flip off someone you’ll get into trouble, I know firsthand. A few years ago, an English man wound up in a Dubai court for telling someone to fuck off. His Emirati lawyer argued that saying “fuck off” is not a curse at all but an expression of annoyance. He won the case. Twenty years ago that wouldn’t have happened and he’d do some time. I’ve met a lot of people who could swear quite well in English but it always loses something due to their accent.

2 Likes

@dex56 It suck that this is happening. Where I live (Denver CO) they did a survey and the majority of responders favored banning flavored vapes. I was shocked and dismayed. If the issue gets to legislation and passes the vape shops will be history. Added to the shipping ban on vape products that is coming, it is almost like they are encouraging people to return to cigarettes because they are still legal and EASILY accessible. Instead of “harm reduction” it seems like “harm encouragement”. Truly sad. :unamused:

3 Likes

Not quite, it’s all about the MONEY, Here in Rhode Island it’s illegal to sell flavored ejuice to Adults regardless of Nicotine content, yes even 0mg Nic is a no no !!!
Quote from the RI Tobacco Settlement;
Our state will receive $40 million to $60 million a year from a legal settlement from the tobacco industry to compensate Rhode Islanders for harm caused them by smoking.
In exchange Smoking Tobacco will be allowed :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Take a guess how many Rhode Island “Smokers” have been compensated :thinking:
GOOSE EGG !

3 Likes

Yup, same as in MA. Someone followed the money and very little went to the cause of smoking cessation such as quit programs, patches, pharma…in comparison to what funds were “left over”. No one knows where that went.

They give out patches and nicorettes to whoever wants it but how much does that cost them?

4 Likes

Yep, tax revenue is a huge part of the equation. I shouldn’t be amazed that vaping gear and juice get no love, but someone can walk down the street to 7-11, grocery stores, tobacco shops (Smoker Friendly is big here in Denver) and gas stations to buy cigarettes. It’s too bad that health is not more strongly figured in to the picture and there is so little recognition how many former smokers (like me) quit with vaping. Vape gear and juices are considered “tobacco products”, even if people are using TFN which has no connection to tobacco at all. If they want to demonize nicotine, how come they don’t go after tomatoes and eggplant. I’ve heard both have naturally occurring nicotine in them.

3 Likes

It is truly evil. Remember, most evil is done by people who are not evil, but most often well-intentioned. It’s been said they are the most dangerous people in the world because they wrap their evil deeds in moral language that the average person will swallow thoughtlessly. These assholes need their own level in the Inferno.

6 Likes