Sugar Alcohols Ruined My Health

Recently, some members were discussing their digestive problems. In particular, no doctor could properly diagnose them. Just happened upon this video and thought it might shed some light on the subject and, who knows, maybe it will be the answer for some of you.

11 Likes

Interesting. I dont think thats my issue though cuz all i eat is grilled chicken

6 Likes

Nice info @muth thanks I’ve suffered like this for years prodded and poked by stupid idiots that don’t care about you might not be the problem but worth a look as a side note perhaps our food producers should just produce food rather than mess with it all the time to suit profit just goes to show you not got a clue what your eating now a days

8 Likes

Might be the case but is it happy chicken :rooster:

6 Likes

It’s white sugar too. It might cause different problems to artificial sweeteners, but it’s just as bad.
I read years ago that all the blame fat was getting for our health problems was actually due to sugar.
It is said that white sugar is more addictive than cocaine.

I’ve stopped using refined products a long time ago. My thyroid medication dropped about 60% after that.
I can’t even eat supermarket cookies and such any more. They taste chemical.
If you want to have something nice, you’ll have to make it yourself.

I’m surprised they didn’t tell the woman it was all between her ears.
I was told by a gynaecologist, after he prescribed something for my menstrual pain, that there were 3 main side effects and 144 others I could imagine I had.

6 Likes

Very much appreciated post. Always good to have another lead. Much of what she aired, I’ve been through with the exception of the prodding and poking. My doctors passively admitted they knew nothing by glossing over the problem. I’ll keep an eye on this and see if it helps.

8 Likes

I hope ya’ll can find some relief. When I started to realize how many people are suffering from unknown digestive disorders I couldn’t believe my ears. No one should have to go through that.

If anyone gets to the bottom of their problem I hope you come back to post about it. It might help others. Thx

8 Likes

Apart from it coming out of the bottom, it’s hard to pinpoint.
Stress is a very important factor, as it is with everything. That’s why I don’t follow the news and such.
Proper food of course. No fast food, snacks and prepared meals. Make your own.
It’s more work, but it’s worth it. Plenty of fibres too.
The problem with all that refined stuff is that there’s nothing left in it for your body to use as a food source.
It will then convert it all to sugar, which will create a whole barrage of problems.
Have you noticed @muth that they also put sugar, or sugar substitutes, in tins of cat food and dog treats?
I avoid those like the plague.

5 Likes

I never saw sugar or substitutes in canned cat food but it could have been so disguised that I missed it, idk. But in the beginning when all I could afford was inexpensive cat food for Nikko, I wonder if I did him harm and feel awful about it. I was cooking for him in the later years, especially when I found out he was eating steak at my neighbor’s :astonished: !

4 Likes

They are usually the best. It’s the brands like Whiskas and such that put sorbitol or sugar in their food.
It’s Mars that owns that isn’t it? They know all about sugar addiction.
They want our pets addicted to their food.

Years ago, there was a sudden recall of most cat food. The only thing left was the cheap stuff I used to buy at that time.
They never really came out publicly with information why the food was recalled.
I picked up bits and pieces about it being infected with BSE.

Just because you pay more, doesn’t mean they don’t sell you crap. The crap they add costs money too.
Simple is best.
On top of that they are greedy fuckers that just want to enrich themselves over everybody’s back.

4 Likes

Don’t I know it. I never went out and got the most expensive cat food I could find because, like you said, that can be crap too. I just did research and then read every effing thing on that label. People who own pets are driven mad by all these pet product scheisters. Nikko’s favorite toy was a bamboo stick with a cotton string tied to it, a ping pong ball and a Mousie with catnip in it. All the 50 other fancy toys people gave him ended up in a basket.

5 Likes

My orange striped tabby named Cheeto looks and acts like @Stankhammer 's./ His favorite is a amazon box but he’s fond of brown paper grocery bags. :rofl: He doesn’t need toys. He just goes out back and kills something.

6 Likes

I get my dog treats from an online shop in the Netherlands. It’s all untreated. None of that pressed, bleached cow skin.
When she gets cow skin, the hair and blood is still very much present.
People tend not to like it because it stinks.
The dog loves it. The more it stinks, the better. As for toys, chewing sticks is one of her favourite things.
Very handy when you need something pruned. Lost gloves are also one of her favourite things.

The cat is almost 19 years old. She only wants to eat Felix soup and Gourmet mousse.
They tend to get picky when old.
At this stage I don’t think it matters much. She won’t live forever.
She would get the occasional mouse in my old place. Which wasn’t all that hard, the place was festooned with them.
I haven’t seen any of them here, so Felix and Gourmet it is.

6 Likes

A box in a box with a sweater is even better.

This were her better days.

6 Likes

That was my Nikko, too. On his last legs (bless his wee socks) and I believe his last gift, was a rabbit. No, he bagged two rabbits before he died. Probably one for each of us. He was such a gentleman :smile:

3 Likes

I’m told, and I believe it, that when they bring you a kill its high, high affection. Cheeto is the best mouser I’ve ever had. However, he uses the dog flap door and brings the things in and leaves them in front of my desk chair. I’ve started countless days that way. LOL.

3 Likes

Very good to know this, thanks! I eat a lot of Smart Carb ice cream with having diabetes. It contains sugar alcohol. I wondered what that was. Now I have a better understanding of what this is. I don’t really have any stomach issues so far at 62 but am sad to hear that many do.

4 Likes

Thx for the response. I’m glad you got some useful information from it.

2 Likes

There are so many things that can cause gut issues.
I had pretty sudden onset of gastro issues a few years ago.
I did the fodmap diet and figured it was dairy, so moved to oat milk etc.
After about 12 months I developed sharp right-side chest pain at the bottom of my ribs, it would happen every night after dinner, after lunch while I was at work (cleaner).
I thought I was pulling muscles at work.
Eventually speaking to one of the nurses at work, she suggested Gall Bladder issues - had it investigated and Yes! I had an enormous gallstone about the size of a small birds egg. I had the stone and the gallbladder removed.
It was the gallbladder trying to work after eating that caused the pain and obviously things weren’t working properly that caused the gastro issues.
Since I had it out my issues have resolved but I can’t eat too much fatty food (but I never really could, I used to always feel sick if I ate fatty food).

Only other time I’ve had gastro issues was around the time of my Graves’ diagnosis, being hyperthyroid everything in your body runs at full speed until your levels even out.

7 Likes

Me too :face_with_diagonal_mouth: I’ve been in remission but need to see my doc again for bloodwork. I see him every 6 months. It’s a f’d up disease, isn’t it?

3 Likes