Super Sunday Mixing Show🎉

I agree, the FOTW is fun, I’m mixing up things I never would have mixed otherwise (orange being the perfect example!). And I got right to work on Apple, because I wanted to give a couple of these recipes as long as possible before deciding which one to post for Sunday, because I agree with @muth no apple pie. But who knows, maybe someone has a really unique/amazing apple pie and we’ll be happy an apple pie got posted :woman_shrugging:t3: Not me though, lol

11 Likes

@Rocky02852 I better make it rain and spot the land for your M&H kingdom - give me 40 years.

4 Likes

Men at forty learn to close softy the doors to rooms they will not be coming back to…

6 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

One flavor, i have one flavor and it is probably in need of replacing. Damn that looks good!

5 Likes

Story of my life. If there is something I’m missing I sub.

6 Likes

I can mix. And I replaced my WF pastry dough last year it was 5 years old and had been contaminated apparently by my reckless mixing. It tasted like peppermint :joy:

7 Likes

Got about 600 flavors. Can’t make a but 3/4 recipes the way they were written.
My wife works for an accountant and one of their customers is a small Mexican bakery. She brought in a box of her whares and I went nuts over these. Put the recipe together in about 15 minute’s. Been making it since.

6 Likes

Nice. Then I am definitely mixing. It looks really good.

6 Likes

Wow, who said that Rocky? I never heard it before.

5 Likes
6 Likes

2 of the three I mixed came out decent after 3 day steep. I’m liking the Appledoodle, started out with 1% Fuji then bumped it up to 1.5% and added some SS.
The custard one ain’t bad so far but I’m not big on custards….

5 Likes

A custard im really liking is VSO’s, very plain with almost no vanilla notes, lightly eggy and pudding like. But i have met few custards i didnt like.

Both the mixes look great but of course i have maybe 3 of the flavors, lol. I havent mixed this yet, only created the recipe an hour or so ago.

There is a local place that makes these cookies and they are absolutely divine.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve head that, there’s a few VSO’s I need so I’ll add that to my list :ok_hand:
The first mix I made with Apple Filling FLV tasted like a McD’s apple pie and now that’s all I taste every time I use it :man_shrugging:, looks good though :+1:

My first rough draft of Appledoodle had Sugar Cookie in it then I changed it, probably should have stuck with my gut feeling…

5 Likes

Man i used to love the McDs pies, i havent had one since they stopped frying them in animal fats.

I have tried Vanilla Cookie, its been on my WL since BCF got it in but something always bumps it, last time it was Creme Brulee Cookie, so good.

Im enjoying the VSO’s ive gotten so far, the Raws are fanfuckintastic, some of the others are a little weaker than id like but still quite good. That Huckleberry is crazy good and i havent even pushed it past .75% yet.

5 Likes

Yeah the Vanilla Cookie was popular for a minute, My latest favorite is Shortbread Cookie SSA
Hmm… don’t see the Creme Brûlée Cookie at BCF

5 Likes

Damnit. Its gone now, wish i had gotten more.

Thats on the list too, hehe

3 Likes

I’d like to hear your thoughts on that one. I’ve only used it in one mix but it certainly did the job for what I had in mind.

4 Likes

I’ve used DV Apple strudel as a one shot, just added a few more things to it this time.

7 Likes