Súper sweet & etyl maltol in tobacco Recipies?

Hello community, i’m new here, but i mix My own líquids since february of this year. In the begging My Recipies are a quit simple, 4 flavors, and after update My stash with more flavors and molecules. I’m doing experiments adding a little bit of super sweet and etyl maltol in My tobacco Recipies, in very low ammounts, 0.25 % aprox. I’m testing this molecules because i’m read this can Boost the flavor in the Recipies. But… The Recipies (i mix only tobacco Recipies) loose the dry flavor, instead the súper sweet change the recipie so mucho sweet for me, maybe Boost a little the flavor but at high cost, loose the escence of a dry nutty tobbaco flavor, and in My testings etyl maltol not sweet so much as the súper sweet but i think mute some flavors on the Recipies and change in some weird plain sweety thing. I’m thinking im not add nothing of this molecules in my Recipies again. What do You think about this? Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

7 Likes

I don’t use tobacco flavours and don’t use Super Sweet. The Ethyl Malto will mute if you use too much, especially if any flavours you are using already contain it. Hopefully someone else can help more with your specific issue.
And welcome to the forum.

7 Likes

Greetings Jose and welcome. I think you’re correct, not to use Super Sweet or EM in your tobacco recipes. I’m also a tobacco only mixer, but no expert.

When I feel a tobacco mix needs a touch of sweetness, I usually add a small amount of TPA Black Honey Tobacco. Keep it low, maybe .3 to .4%. If you feel that moved the sweetness needle in the right direction, you might try .5%. It’s a fairly strong flavor (in my opinion) and I’ve never felt the need to go higher than .5%.

Again, I’m no expert, but thought I’d try to give an option.

Good Luck!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum and for raising a good question.

@d_fabes’ suggestion of using Black Honey (TPA) is a sensible one. Personally, I would use it at 0.08-0.15% so that it doesn’t become noticeable but still lifts the other flavours.

For the ethyl maltol, I would instead suggest using nutty tobaccos rather than adding it exclusively: The precision regarded it just too fine but, flavours like 555 Gold (INW), Soho (FA) etc are easier to handle.

Sharing your stash and recipes would help us a lot in helping you. Let us know if you need a hand on how to do it.

8 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Jose_Antonito you don’t need any sweetener or or EM in a tobacco recipe if you want to stay as close as possible to the original, Btw, Maltol is a different matter.
If you want sweet tobaccos look for flavours to complement the profiles, Bear in mind that VG is already sweet enough for a tobacco recipe…as an example, let’s take look at a yellow Virginia, you could add Honey (instead of sucralose)
Usually what we aim for is to counteract the sweetness of VG and we use Malic Acid (FA Bitter wizard or TPA Sour) or sour flavours.
A lot depends on the blend you are usng and what you look for on a profile, have a look on my profile you’ll see plenty of tobacco recipes that might give you some ideas, even sweet recipes. Let me know.

e-Liquid Calculator (e-liquid-recipes.com)

In tobacco recipes, think about using a blender (carefully) like Triacetin (FA MTS or TPA Smooth) instead of a sweetener, that will improve your game, take some harsh notes off and it brings the blend “Together”

10 Likes

Don’t forget DNB or Dark Tobacco Base (INW) as effective PG neutralising condiments.

6 Likes

Thanks @d_fabes i have black honey in My stash, i will take your tip :open_hands:

6 Likes

Thanks @SquirrelSmash i like the idea of use instead nutty tobbaco, i have in My stash ‘Bitter nut extra’ and many nut flavors, for example hazelnut blow my mind. :sunglasses:

This is the recipie i mix, i tested without modifications and taste good but i try to add some extra, i try with the súper sweet and i don’t like it, at the end i add 0.75% of bitter nut extra and is steeping

7 Likes

Hi @Iv3shf , sounds interesting use malic acid to fight against vg sweetness, i think my profiles are similar to yours. Use smooth sounds good either. I try this flavors in next stash update. But alredy have some sweet flavors like caramel or butterscotch instead of super sweet. i think i can use to add some sweetness in recipes need some flavors like that.

6 Likes

Ok, from what I can see: you are over-flavouring in general and using numerous nuts at the same time. Don’t worry: this is the most common mistake beginners make - more doesn’t mean better.

I’d recommend halving all to see what sticks out after a steep.

I am a bit of a tobacco nut, so searching my recipes (I tend to keep 90% public, including works in progress) might give you a few ideas and, see concentrates used at tiny percentages.

7 Likes

Thanks @SquirrelSmash i have a little idea of i can overflavoring :sweat_smile: im gonna keep working and testing and reading :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We have many threads on over-flavouring - as it comes up a lot. So reading them will be a big help for you.

Obviously, any tobacco questions, then just ask. It is the core of my personal area of interest in vaping.

5 Likes

Thanks @SquirrelSmash !! :sunglasses::open_hands:

5 Likes

No problem: It’s why the forum exists.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum bud. Cant help you in this dilemma but you are getting the right people now to help you get there!!

6 Likes

You can use sweeteners in tobacco recipes depending on the profile. I tend to use small amounts of TPA sweetener or Ethyl Maltol when I do tobaccos. I typically mix blended pipe tobacco mixes which contain fruits or caramels. Adding sweeteners can help take some of the bite away from tobacco flavors. When I used to smoke I preferred Canada’s Du Maurier over American cigs. They were sweeter and smoother than US smokes. And to this day I still enjoy a traditional sweet blended pipe tobacco from time to time.

6 Likes

Back in my 20’s, I used to play hockey a couple times a week near Windsor, just across the border. After a game, we’d usually stop for a beer or two. Sometimes we’d run out of smokes and have to buy some at the bar. I remember Export A’s & Players. We called them tubular sawdust.

It’s crazy what one gets used to, in the cigarette groove. No tolerance for anything different.

4 Likes

I smoked the DuMaurier lights. I think overall the American smokes had a Turkish tobacco added. Like all of them. They all had a powerful odor and taste.
Looking back, all I can remember is ash and burn. No flavor

4 Likes

I know right I have a friend at work who smokes Marlboro reds and they are like $10.00 a pack. I told him there are cheaper brands and he ws like nope those taste like shit. My first thought was they all do. Now!!

6 Likes