Support for watermelon

I have several watermelon flavors & have tested them as stand alones & used them in many recipes (mostly fruit combinations). What I’d like to do is work out a recipe where watermelon is the main flavor, but am curious as to which other flavors would be good supporters, or would help make the watermelon pop more. When I do strawberry flavors, I like to use a little raspberry for just the same purpose.

What is everyone’s opinions on supporting flavors when it comes to watermelon? What works for you? BTW- the watermelons I’ll be using are TFA, FA & INW.

3 Likes

Dragonfruit tpa
Wild melon flv
Strawberry fa
A blend of watermelons
Cap supersweet
Cucumber fa
Any other red fruit with experimentation.

Just to name a few.

4 Likes

based on the acids contained in watermelon it looks like apple would be the winner, i dont do much watermelon myself tho. This may help ya overall w/ fruit mixes.
http://www.bartek.ca/pdfs/BulletinsMalic/Improving%20the%20Flavor%20of%20Fruit%20Products%20with%20Acidulants.pdf

6 Likes

I find that lemon makes watermelon a bit more lively and juicy; but I am also a huge lemon fan… Strawberry is also never bad to add to watermelon, but keep it low and vague so you can retain the watermelon profile. Have also been messing with FA grapefruit and watermelon, it is very good.

Also, other melons never hurt such as cantaloupe or honeydew but keep them low, otherwise it will become a generic melon vape and you might as well just buy FLV Wild Melon.

6 Likes

Cap sweet strawberry adds goodness to watermelon. +1 for lemon too it’s a very nice companion but it does stand out rather than meld into a single melon flavor. I really like toasted marshmallow + melon, gets a funky lolly melon thing happening.

3 Likes

Personally I like to add a bit of menthol to watermelon, it might not be to everybody’s taste, but I find that the two flavours work excellent together.

Not sure I would call it a supporting flavour though, more of a secondary flavour in the final mix than just a supporting role.

As a more supporting role, I have used green apple, with ok result.

3 Likes

Pear makes watermelon work… at least in my experience. Here’s a recipe that brings it all together and makes it amazing, imho:
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/808347/Straw%20Water%20The%20Original.

3 Likes

This is the recently released recipe for the Water-Malone one-shot by enyawreklaw. I haven’t tried it, but it is supposed to be a true red watermelon. It should at least give an idea of some support flavor options to play with, along with all of the other great advice above.

3 Likes

Presumably, the flavours that make watermelon cocktails extra yummy will also work. Because it’s quite a sweet fruit, tart and savoury flavours are great. Mint, cucumber, rum. I’ve not tried vaping it yet, but put those in a cocktail heavy on the watermelon and it’s pure win

5 Likes

Sorry it took me almost a day to get back, but got very busy. I appreciate everyone’s great feedback/suggestions. That’s what I love about this place! :grinning:

5 Likes

I like to use a few drops of TPA sour to make watermelon pop…just don’t overdo it…I only use 1 or 2 drops per 15ml of juice…

6 Likes

This worked out well. It’s my best true(ish) Watermelon, so far. Took the Apple idea from Wayne’s recipe, Strawberry mentioned a couple of times in this thread, and it is really nice. Added Saline, because salted Watermelon is a thing and Stevia helped immensely.

I’ve been adding Saline and Stevia to practically everything recently and they work wonders, nice and low.

Steeped 12 days

4 Likes