Sweeteners When , Why , What and Where to use

“In My Experience” is what that stands for.

I will say my use of sweetener has gone up once I started making salt nic juice for pods. The flavor was lacking compared to the same juice in an great subohm or rebuildable tank. I can vape the same recipe for a salt nic device in a subohm tank as it is too sweet for my taste but some I mix for like it.

I would say don’t be afraid to use sweeteners but don’t use it as a crutch either. A lot of recipes can be sweet enough with the right flavors.

9 Likes

I totally agree with you. I always add 0.50% of Caps Super Sweet unless a different sweetener is called for in a recipe and I don’t seem to get much coil gunking at all, I find recipes containing certain strawberries causes far more coil gore for me. I also find that Caps SS can really bring a recipe alive from a dull state and like said it makes it “pop” for me anyway. Maybe I am just lucky but I don’t taste anything chemical when I use it. I think Caps SS has been branded as the big bad wolf of sweeteners due to misuse and the anti sweetener brigade but when used carefully it definitely has its place, for some of us at least.

11 Likes

Good info to know for someone that uses nic salts, that they generally need more sweetener. I hope not to ever have to branch out to nic salts because my nic content has gone down to 6mg. This is very helpful info, thank you.

5 Likes

Makes perfect sense! Just a touch is all that is needed.

5 Likes

I tend to think flavors are by far the largest factor in gunking. I use .75 - 1 Sugar Daddy in every

Fuck me, caught in the storm waiting for sons at school.

11 Likes

Welcome to The Storm.

7 Likes

Hope you weren’t down by Selma

5 Likes

Perfectly said @mjag, perfect. Most flavors, additives, and enhancers have their place(s), IF, used correctly. Doesn’t mean they’re for everyone, or ever recipe, but it doesn’t invalidate their use(s) either.

8 Likes

@KC111 I can’t personally vape Salts, but I have customer’s who do. I will admit to having to increase the overall flavor percentage (as well as sweetener), to offset the higher NIC levels, even though Salts are typically smoother than freebase at higher levels. It was presented to me by a mixer who only mixes with Salts now that, “NIC is still NIC, and with higher levels, other increases are needed to keep the overall flavor saturation level”.

7 Likes

That is why you are da Master, you know all the A-Z’s about vaping, mods, flavors, mixing, cooking, vacuuming, paying the bills, repairing the roof and much more. :wink:

6 Likes

Nah, I just talk to people.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

So you are just crazy then, after also being a lawn mower, an electrician, a pooper scooper, car wash man, a personal shopper…

4 Likes

There was a tornado warning which means heavy rain. My kid’s school wouldn’t let the busses go and I had to go inside in order to release them. The problem in Georgia is do many trees get knocked over and it can be a real danger.

7 Likes

Praying for you! I saw the damage on the news, wow, what a disaster! Is your kid home safe now?

6 Likes

I know the people of Alabama didn’t fare too well.

6 Likes

Yes, they are.

When I was a kid I would’ve walked home.

7 Likes

PTL! I’m thrilled they are safe.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link. I really appreciate you for helping me out. Now, I would like to help you by sharing the https://studyclerk.com/thesis-writing website with you. If you are not so good at writing thesis assignments then you can take help from that website. I have also taken help from that website several times and they never disapointed me.

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR @HumbertoFine.

3 Likes

I tend to use cap ss in anything that has ice cream. And it ranges from .2-5. And its only after i tested a few batches without because sometimes it just needs a little. Fw sweetener is all my fruit based like cake custard or a cookie. Again only after i know what it needs. Now you can use other milder type sweeteners like sugar cane vta along with those other sweeteners to bring more of a authentic sugar taste but that i only use at low %’s .15-.3% with either of those two and cut the actual sweetener level down. But reality is you dont want to be mixing a new recipe and throwing the sweeteners in it from the word go. Could change the profile. I learned that the hard way. Once i took it out realized i didnt need it or i didnt need that much.

8 Likes