Switching to a mod with removable batteries

My bad …I replied before I seen that you purchased something already. I used the istick 40 for a long time with no complaints. I have an old IPV2 mini . I don’t use it . You can have it if you want it . The paint is kinda chipped and you would have to get a battery. Then you can decide if you wanna move to battery mods. I may even have a pink case from when my wife used it. If you want it just message me and I’ll send it out tomorrow .

3 Likes

Hi gang need some help deciding about my next upgrade - currently using Tesla tc60w , nice mod - rubbish battery life looking for a goos tc in all 3 modes NI TC SS , dual battery , upgradable firmware ? last me all day - looking at kooper plus and IPV5 all your thought will help
Thanks

It all depends on vape budget. If you can getba mod with a dna board, it is reported the best option…for customization for wires. Me I couldn’t afford one.

I have an ipv5. I like it. It’s alittle on the heavey side. Like a fat baby. But I’m ok with it. Power mode hits instantly without issue for me. I’ve only used tc mode with a Manuel setting for ss316 (since it’s only preset for ss304). It worked pretty good for me last night.

If you want some additional feedback I posted a thread a few days ago on this topic. There were lots of great suggestions. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not if he wants to vape all day. Battery life on my DNA200s is not so great. I carry two mods at all times - a DNA200 (usually a LavaBox but sometimes an hCigar, both 900 mAh) and a Sigelei 213 (dual 18650) or a Coolfire IV TC100 (built-in). The DNAs spend a lot of time plugged into USB ports to recharge. I’d say that the LavaBox would drain completely three times before the Sigelei drained once. The Coolfire isn’t as good as the Sigelei, but it still last twice as long as any of my DNA200s.

There’s no way that I would depend on a DNA200 lasting me all day.

That said, I vape a lot - 7-10ml a day. And otherwise, the DNA200s are awesome. Definitely a very nice chipset there. But not so much battery life.

1 Like

You can get a dna mod that is a dual 18650…are you saying those wouldn’t last?

thats interesting , a dual battery should last all day Tc vaping surely ??? now I am confused

It really depends on quite a few factors:

1. Battery Quality
  2. How high the Temperature is set to
  3. How many Watts are devoted to your TC setting
  4. (Most obvious) How much you vape

I keep a Tomo 3x18650 Battery Pack with me (in case I need a quick change, then plug it in to charge the older batteries) so it’s not uncommon for me to go through 2 sets of batteries (on a 2 battery mod) on most days.

My Cuboid seems to do a little better on the batteries than my Laisimo L1 or my IPV5, but just barely - depending on the ejuice I’ve made also determines if I’m TC’ing it, or going by Power Mode.

Your milage may vary… considerably.

LOL, didn’t know there was such a thing since all my DNA200s are LiPo. So I need to clarify my statement.

I think they are dna200/dna133. Like when you swap out the lipo for the batter sled and update escribe the max is 133w

I should probably look into one of those. I love the DNA200 chip. But I wonder if a dual-18650 will heat up as fast as a LiPo??

I may just have to take one for the team and find out. :smile:

I’m not sure. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve done a ton of reading and will invest eventually In one.

I think the issue is the limitation of the device. For me my happy spot is between 50-100w with an average of 60. But i know a bunch of folks want that higher power and a true 200w.

Yeah, I’m usually at 55 watts, so I don’t even need anything close to 200. But I like the DNA 200 chip, and I like dual-batteries cuz they last all day. So a dual-18650 DNA 200 would be a perfect mod for me. As long as I can find one that’s light.

@VapeyMama don’t throw those old units away, they can likely be fixed. Juice gets down inside and shorts out buttons etc. Likely possible to take apart and clean. Power off/lock. Just shoot compressed air into holes and watch the eJuice come out. If possible get some 91% alcohol (not the kind you drink :wink: ) to dissolve juice and blow out with compressed air (cans for dusting your PC?) Set it in the sun to dry for a bit. Wait for a day and try again.

On build-in batts or replaceable? Hanging out at the local B&M has been interesting. Turns out the number 1 way mods die is wearing out that mini USB port, and their best advice is never charge your Mod via the USB for that single reason …number 1 point of failure, and once that goes your built-in batt Mod is toast

On the ego one the button definitely is the problem. The button issue has happened on more than one of those that we’ve had. Good to know for the future though! This time I already gave them away to someone who is interested in tinkering with them.

Hi VapeyMama,

I’m with you on the fear of battery mods (well I was until about a month ago when I took the leap & bought one). I am big on safety so I chose Innokin (I have several of their mods and love them all) I got the new Cool Fire IV 18650 75W TC mod. You can get it for $49 - just google it. I love it - it’s close in size to my Cool Fire IV 40W with built-in batteries. You can buy it as an ‘express kit’ (which I recommend because I really don’t like Innokin’s iSub Vortex or any of their iSub tanks at all) and it would pair nicely with your Atlantis tanks (unless you vape over 75 Watts - I do not and never will. I hear wonderful things about the Stentorian tank - no leaking, no spitting, no gurgling and it’s sub-ohm, too. It’s my next tank.

I just received the iStick PICO today - also a single 18650 battery mod with TC. I got that little gem for $33.95 at DirectVapor.com (free s&h) and LOVE how it feels in my hand… it’s so small but it does subohm and others up to 3 ohm vaping, too. It’s probably my lightest-weight mod. And it’s cute as heck.

So, I hope this helps you choose. I’m a retired RN so everything vape-related HAS to be SAFE or I will not even consider it. Good luck with your new mod-buying. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those new Cool Fire IV’s look very nice, I might get one in the future.

1 Like

I have 2 of the Coolfire IV TC100 units. I love them. Hmm. But those are built-in battery units. Hmm. Having another with an 18650 would be nice… yeah…

1 Like

I have a pico in my cart over on fasttech. They really are freaking cute. And it comes in pink… I mean come on! :wink: I’ve got two evic vtwo minis in there too. I’ve never had anything that lets me vape higher than forty watts before. And I don’t really feel like I need to go much higher than that. Having it available to experiment is cool, but definitely not a necessity for me at this point. When I’m in power mode with my istick I’m usually around 25-30w anyway.

3 Likes

I just got back from https://www.ecigaretteempire.com/default.asp … I was only going to get another Cuboid as a backup for Vapegeddon. I was there earlier in the week and got their last Kooper Plus 200w. They are going through hardware like crazy, and shelves that were fully stocked days ago are starting to look bare, so it looks like a lot of people are rushing to get stuff. They had cases of some of the popular tanks a few days ago and are almost out of stock, though they said more should be there tomorrow. I also got another Theorem and TFV8… just in case. I mean ya just never know… right?

Anyways for single battery mods I really like the Evic VTC mini. I have really put mine through the wringer and it still works great. For dual battery budget model I like the Cuboid. Also has stood up to use and unintended abuse. I really like Joyetech’s displays and ease of use, no real tricks to figuring out the different modes functions etc… I am not a high wattage person either but dual battery mods are nice if you don’t want to change batteries as often.

2 Likes

I love my evic vtwo, and with finding how how easy it is to pull apart and lay in colored celleophane to change my screen color, it was a fun little thing to do to it. :slight_smile: best $38 (fasttech) i have spent so far on vape gear.

1 Like