Taifun tanks worth the price?

Hey dear vapors,

Are the high end RTAs like the taifun GT IV and taifun GT V which cost aroune 170 pounds worth it in terms of performance and flavor compared to lets say a mid range but highly recommended steam crave tanks, or the reload series

Ive been seeing mixed reactions as some love the flavor from fatality m25 to be better.

Im good to spend the extra if its really worth it in terms of flavor.

Who all have experience with such high end tanks.

3 Likes

I have a Taifun GX, a Tripod RTA and a Vicious Ant Scylla RTA and I’ve put them all aside and I strictly use my Brunhilde MTL RTA’s due to much better flavour and also they’re much easier to work with, coil and wick! They give me my perfect restricted direct lung vape and we just get along so well :smiley:
So I honestly don’t think it’s worth spending the bigger dollars on a high end tank, you’re much better off putting the money towards a top quality mod!!

7 Likes

Thanks for that, i wonder what is the hype about.

3 Likes

I think it’s a matter of taste.
I really like the GT IV. It is noticeably more restrictive than an Aromamizer Plus v3 or Ragnar, which I also like to use. Both the Taifun and Aromamizer are in the top league for me.
In contrast, the Brunhilde was one of the biggest disappointments for me, on the one hand thin sheet metal compared to the solid metal of the aforementioned. But I was also not convinced by the handling and the taste.
But I have to say that top coilers are usually too warm for me.

5 Likes

Are you in the uk and what’s your vaping style?

2 Likes

So you would say just in terms of flavor (intensity, accuracy) both aromamiser and gt tanks are very similar?

2 Likes

I find the taste to be similar, with each RTA emphasizing slightly different nuances.

For restricted DL with single coil, the GT IV is my favorite, if it may be open DL with dual coil, then the Aromamizer is hardly inferior.

For me, the Ragnar is the best Aromamizer, closely followed by the Plus v3, because it also has a combination of bottom and side airflow like the Ragnar. The Supreme with single coil is not quite as good in my opinion.

5 Likes

These 3 GX’s and GT IV are great. The GT5 really sucks. The RTA’s before these are no longer available to purchase, but they had detents on the airflow which eventually wore out. Better flavor than my v1/v2 supreme.

5 Likes

@big_vape have you decided whether you like them yet. Very nice

4 Likes

I‘ll chime in on the Taifun too.
The GT4 is my absolute favorite RTA of all time…
The coil placement, the quality, the airflow, the taste, the look and feel, everything is a standout.
The GT5 isn‘t bad, but they somehow overengineered the GT4.
to me the GT4 hits my sweetspot of the perfect vape with a 0.5% alien coil at 30-40w fully open airflow.
i never had it leaking in the 6yrs that i used it, not once i had a dryhit… you simply can‘t mess up your build.
I have seen clones of it that aren‘t made well and they all had bad parts in them.
If the price is too steep for an original GT4, i found the Kumo RTA comes close at lower cost or the kriemhild from vapefly, both have like 5% less open airflow but same flavor or close at least

4 Likes

depend if you want very smooth threads well machined i find the Taifun GT V RTA n the gx rta are great build decks pretty much are the same but so easy to get to to change coil or just cotton you can see alot off r n d has goin into to it making these i think easy worth there price dont have have a fleet exy rta s but one like gtv rta goes good my opinion easy to wick and build watch a you tube video maybe

2 Likes

Taifun makes the best tanks in the business period :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So happy to see a conversation about these tanks. Brings me back to the old days. This is where I miss Fasttech because you could find excellent clones of the above Taifuns and others. I have a GT IV clone which defies detection. So my answer would be, if you could find a 1:1 clone I’d say buy it. Other than that, I personally would’t spend 170 pounds. Some may disagree and I understand. I have Kayfun clones and authentics and I don’t regret spending money on the authies. The clones performed well for years but some eventually started to fail in ways I couldn’t fix.

3 Likes

I’m a UK Vaper
I have Taifun GT v4 not used as much due to needing higher power and larger mods dual cell best also has its steam-tuner kit

The smaller brother GTv4s with ST kit is great can put the same MTL post on both decks but only 23mm like the v3 was

Also, have GT V3 steam tuners PC, and Ultem kit still in use great RTAs
They did do aspire collabs offering cheaper stock coil styles tailfins
Also, have the GT with MTL posts but not for the newest one or GX
I wanted the Cabeo but can’t buy it in the UK

But my Mostly used vapes are as follows KHW mod
Dvarw v2 have 3 of the MTL RTAs
perfect for MTL or as an RDTL
KHW Dvarw DTL 24mm have 1

KHW Dvarw FL MTL have 1
Don’t own the CL of Dvarw yet.

The Dvarw RTAs are many favorites even from high-end users as they are simple and nowhere near as costly as many other high ends imports from Belarus

Then my
Cloud One V2 RTA 1
Cloud One V3 RTA 1
Cloud One V4 RTA 2
Cloud V2 RTA 1 and
The Cloud v1 Boro RBAs 1
These cost a fortune but were also imported from Greece

I loved my Taifun GT v2 loved I wish I didn’t sell it now best flavor RTA when set right

Steampipe Corona V8 is an amazing vape from this it’s just a great large tank big and tall like the Fev very nice can dial it down to however much or little airflow

Also, want to really own the steampipes Cabeo Rdta
if anyone in AIK is selling one cheap I will gladly buy it

It’s similar to Taifun GX is the Cabeo with wicking

Flash E Vapor v4 v4. 5 have 2
Flash E Vapor BF RDA also has amazingly good flavor from basic round wire
EVL Reaper V3 has two

You can buy however any of these and more now
As clones from China
at like 10% of the price of OG maker
many do this and try if they like to buy authentic
I have done this myself on many occasions in the past including many Boro RBAs

But now they clone the high-end mode too that are usually 500 -1K plus for like 130 plus with DNA boards in them like billet box stratum peon v2 V3 mods
Billet box aio
Hussar BRX aio
Or the 38 special aio which is going for like 800 plus via flippers but 130 with DNA on China.
But China’s good as that are authentic so no need to buy the clones they learned a lot

But when you have suicide mods and death wish collabs for 130 or 200 with DNA boards

No need to buy clones it’s all about your budget

If you have not a great budget then the clones are usually 90- 100% the same bar the logical serial numbers packaging and high costs

China has ripped off everything for decades in the vape industry.
They charge X amount in the EU as the research and Dev cost money and high labor costs in the EU versus China stealing designs and mass production low-cost labor years ago clones were dreadful.

Now indistinguishable from Og
Find a style you like and stick to it

I loved big builds but RTAs and large mods clouds bro clouds until 2017 I sold it all off my 400w PWM mods
MOSFETs mods mechs mods for my larger 30mm RTAs aromamiser and vol troves 30 -40mm plus others

As my partner went in for chemo rare blood bone cancer MDS and something else full marrow failure

Anyhow that’s when I moved to single coil RTA RBAs RDTAs BF RDAs along with single-cell mods like myDanii mods of my DNA mods
My fav is the Vulcan Seduce mod, or the smaller SD nano DNA 60
Or lost vape Epetite I have both bk and silver in these

I have decodes Dani mods x 2 and 21700 Dani
I am looking to pick up SBS Dani and Micro in the future.

You do not need to spend a fortune anymore to get a great vape 20 pound vapes RTAs are now just as good as the high end they learned a lot from cloning the high ends in China so now produce some fantastic vapes like YDDZ 1’s Fev style but post less deck it sells for 10-20 but is amazing JFC top fill or bottom has same wicking as an FEV but at a fraction of the price

Find an MTL find a DTL find the right build and enjoy them no matter the cost

5 Likes

I don’t wanna bash clones, i do have bought at least 10 cloned items…most of them i‘ve used few times and if i really liked i went to buy an original one…
But i always noticed they lacked in quality especially the screws, o rings…
on the other hand…that does influence the vape at all

3 Likes

Screws and o-rings can be replaced but when a tolerance is off even by a smidge, it can be a cause for ass pain. I had a KF clone with a post screw off just enough that the wire wouldn’t catch properly, I had to wrap it around the screw. A minor inconvenience and like you said, it doesn’t affect the vape. On the other hand, there were some rare instances when the clone was just as good or even better than the OG. The KF V5 by YFTK was just that one. For some reason the threads on the OG top cap weren’t perfect and caused a minor hiccup. The clone was el perfecto! Strange things did happen! That’s why I miss those days and appreciate the memories here. Dealing with vape gear like that, you learned a lot. I know I did.

4 Likes

Okay, i understand…
So let‘s say you can find clones that are perfect and OG products that can have minor issues.
As i said, i don‘t despise clones.
But when i can, i buy OG.
For example, i live in switzerland and here it was kinda a national proud thing to buy OG Squapes…i could even go to the SQ shop and buy it from there and talk to the owners. That‘s why i would never go and look for a Squape clone…
But to each their own

3 Likes

Sure, of course! If I had that option I’d go for the OG Squape too. Great RTA. A friend of mine in the state of Illinois came across an authentic Squape on clearance sale in a local vape shop. He snatched that tank right up and I have to admit, I had Squape envy at that moment :smile:

1 Like

Wasnt a fan of supreme v3 with single coil but the dual postless deck give some really good flavor.

2 Likes

So finally ive decided to buy a gt iv rta. My current setup is a SC supreme v3.

Ive seen that gt iv is better for fruit flavors. Im more of a dessert guy, like a good strawberry custard or lemon tart guy. Would this still be best for flavor for me or should i consider some other high end rta like the dwarv?

3 Likes