Taking homemade juice on a flight to the USA?

Hi I’m flying across the pond in a couple weeks time from the UK to the USA and was wondering if anyone knew what the deal was with taking homemade eliquid over. I have taken commercial juices on flights before in 100ml bottles but obviously diy juices could he seen as something else. Does anyone know if I can take these and how much am I allowed to bring with me? I’m going for 3 weeks so will need almost 500ml of juice in total to see me through.
Also I make my own coils , but will probably just take some pre made ones with me… but again I feel like an xray machine will make my coil making kit and tools look some sort of bomb making device. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

8 Likes

Hi @Jammer3. Ive flown a coupe different airlines all within the US- and each airline seems to have different rules regarding juice… 100ml is max for carry-on, but i have also packed 3 different 100ml bottles and never been hassled. Maybe slid a few in your check-in bag.

I bet you’ll be fine bud. Good luck!!

9 Likes

I took a mod and a couple of 30ml bottles into Cozumel Mexico a few years ago. Customs asked what it was, I told them and they were fine with the vape stuff. They made me throw my away my half eaten apple tho. Bastards!

14 Likes

I flew to Florida for work last November out of Chicago. I had 120 ml Gorilla bottles with DIY and TSA let me through although she did tell me 100 ml was the limit.
No problem with the mods in my carry on either.
She was cool about it

9 Likes

I kno!!:bulb::bulb:but,you may have to use food coloring, a half litr Listerine mouthwash bottle??,idk about vaping food coloring tho!!!, could be a terrible idea also. As for the coils…cant you just bring wire n your coil master kit? They might ask but not much can be done…idk jist throw-in this out there…

4 Likes

Look up a packaging store at your destination and mail your stuff ahead of time. Less worries and possibility of a delay at the security checks.

5 Likes

Just put the eliquid in your checked luggage, batteries in cases in your carry on. You’ll be fine.

6 Likes

@Pastorfuzz Are you from the Chi, or just passing through?

4 Likes

90 miles NW of Chicago

4 Likes

Gotcha. Nice area out that way. Rock River and such. :+1:

4 Likes

You will be fine. I brought 1500ml in my checked bag plus 50 concentrates all 30ml and 100ml. and 300ml in the carry on and had zero issues

4 Likes

Thanks for responses everyone. Just wanted to make sure .

8 Likes

I wonder what they thought was up with the apple?

2 Likes

I used to be a frequent flyer, and the route Rome-Miami was like taking the bus to work for me (sometimes even two, three times a week, I knew the steward’s shifts… ahahah)
Never had any problems with liquids or devices nor batteries (with the proper battery box).
I had on my hand luggage 2X30ml sealed liquids, you hardly ever need more then that, only when you do hopping, things like Vancouver-Chicago-New York- Munich-Triest, and you’ve got loads of waiting times, otherwise you don’t really need it, fortunately enough we gave up smoking and don’t have THAT crave.

Clearly, hand luggage 100ml limit, so most of the flavours, rebuild kit and atomizers went in the checked in baggage, never had any problems, nor West, nor East… (after 2018 Singapore was an exception, but had MY ways…)

9 Likes

You’re not allowed to bring certain things into the country, like fruit. I think it’s a precautionary measure against disease or other creepy things.

7 Likes

What kinda “Creepy Things” are we talking about here @TorturedZen?! Like naked midgets hidden in the luggage?!

6 Likes

Liquid is liquid as far as carry on goes so you are still limited to a quart size baggie of any liquid,gel etc. I flew into and out of Switzerland a couple years ago and didn’t have any issues with the e-juice going through. Had a mod in checked baggage and pod system in carry on.

2 Likes

They’re allowed as long as they have a vax card shoved somewhere and a mask

3 Likes

Well that would certainly qualify as creepy. Plus, naked is unsanitary especially if you’re a midget. Make sure they have at least underwear on!

3 Likes

I think this has come up a few times before: I remember posting how I had to explain to HK customs that my RDAs and mods were vapes.

When travelling, taking the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) will be a useful back up if customs question you. I pulled out some when asked in Beijing and they let me through. (Many of the flavours here have had the MSDS uploaded).

I will dig up the regs on food flavouring exports when I have the time.

5 Likes