Testing new flavors starting small and bumping up questions

@FL_girl
Good flounder fishing there, hardest to filet, best to eat, especially with some blue crab [body meat]
and some pure butter wrapped up in the filets. Baked, grilled, don’t matter.

My family has owned a marina there for 80 years, and I kept my Hatteras there. [Islamorada]

Good speck fishing around PanCy too, but the bull Reds in the fall are awesome.

It’s amazing how far you can watch your watch [or Dripbox] keep going further and further away…down, down, down…with nothing you can do.
One watch I dove overboard after, at the Patches off Islamorada, and I could see it as I chased it, but after 30’ or so, no way I could continue. Gone, gone, gone.

oh yeah! Flounder and blue crabs…mmmm!!! My mouth’s watering now!! My dad’s from MD, have family up there too. We do crab steams every chance we get. Gotta have Piney Point (MD) seasoning!! It’s soooo good makes old bay seem like a one note song.

I’ve stayed on Marathon. It was 15 years ago, but I spent a good week in the keys, awesome!!! Been seeing pics of fantasy fest on FB this week, haha.

Love me some Alison Krauss too!

Love me some Piney Point
Piney Point Crab Cakes
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 finely diced pimento
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp thyme leaves
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 pounds lump crab meat
Bread crumbs

Too bad you didn’t drop buy for a boat ride to catch fish…
Not that I condoned the practice, my two mates worked for tips…
But somehow catered more to the Ladies that wore bikini tops.
Not sure what that had to do with catching fish. :smile_cat:

chin hits the floor… you know what Piney Point is… OMG!

You mean it’s a secret…to crab lovers…what? just 'cause I am a southerner?
Well, shut my mouth, slap my Grandma.

1 Like

Every ‘blue crab’ kitchen has this recipe, right? [if they have any crab up their ass, uh, er, menu]

Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the green bell pepper, onions, celery, pimento, and seasonings.
Cook over low heat about 5 - 7 minutes until onions and celery are tender.
Add flour, and stir until mixed in well with the butter. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add milk to the saucepan, and stir until the sauce becomes very thick – could take 10 minutes or more.
Gently fold in the crab meat.
Place the crab cake mixture in the refrigerator for an hour or more. Then remove and form into 8 - 12 crab cakes. Sprinkle tops with bread crumbs.
Heat broiler, and broil until top is brown, turn and broil other side of the crab cake until it is brown. You may also bake these Piney Point crab cakes for 20 minutes at 400° F.

VERY important.

Nah, just cause it’s tiny podunk, end of the road, don’t go there unless you are lost, or in maritime school.

My great grandpa and his dad owned a cannery on St. Georges Island. My grandma was a Swann, Swann’s hotel. And Evan’s seafood was married into the family. A lot of my family is buried at the church on the island. The last time I was up there, got lost and stopped in Mechanicsville to ask for directions, they couldn’t tell me how to get the PP. :joy:

1 Like

St Georges, off of Apalachicola?
I lived there for years, but is now a [RENTAL] island paradise.
Between the island and the mainland…the WORLD’S BEST oysters.
HANDS DOWN !!!

@FL_girl
You in the maritime in some fashion/form?

Piney Point is on St. George’s island in MD. There’s a maritime school there. I just like open water, anywhere!

No doubt about ‘apalacha’ oysters, agree 100%!!! I like them grilled!

Oh yes…the [other] St, Georges Island.
So, I guess, you would never go with me and my grandkids on a 2-3 week fishing trip to the Tortugas on a 48’ Hatteras to catch fish…not enough open water, eh? :smile_cat:
Still have real pirates out there, but we go ‘prepared’, and always came home safe…and with a profit after bait, chum,ice, diesel, etc…and always had fun.
Some of the best Caranha (cubero) fishing/catching EVER…ironically, using live blue crab for bait.

i was just gonna send you a list of flaves i dont want or use including that super sweet now im gonna wait till you say i was right lmao

OH, I’d go, in a heart beat!!! Yeah, the Redfish love blue crab, that’s what we use as bait too! We’ll actually net them if we can, as we’re fishing pylons, more free bait.

You let me know when you’re going fishing. I’ll come packin’, in a couple ways :wink:

Nice Snapper! Giggle, giggle!

So, on a more serious note about flavor testing… I’ve bought store stuff that tasted great on their tester carto, ego’s, etc., but they taste nearly terrible even in a tank at home. For me, I think’d be better to taste how I vape. Like on the Velocity v2 and then another test in the Aromamizer. Even the Crown has fallen behind for me in flavor compared to the Aromamizer v1.

1 Like

You can also find Cosmics Calculator here along with some other useful scripts:

http://e-liquid-scripts.com/cosmiccalc << Now with Pretty URL’s :wink:

1 Like

I need to make this! Yummy!:slight_smile:

Use more than 15ML or you’ll have a bunch of little bottles laying around in a few months that will drive you crazy lol… (you all know who you are and you know I’m right) Ha!

1 Like

Always need the right tools

.[quote=“FL_girl, post:54, topic:91270”]
store stuff that tasted great on their tester
[/quote]

Yes, totally different. You test it on low wattage/high ohms…then get home and reverse to
high wattage/low ohms. And different atomizer/chamber size.

I keep 14 mods and 21 tanks/attys on my desk all the time. and only certain juices go in each one. Ohm range from 1.6ohm down to .4ohm…wattage from 8W to 200W…temperature from 400F to 510F…some set at voltage only 3.6V to 4.1V…stainless steel or titanium coils only…generally only 7 ADV juices…but I never know what juices I may choose from the closet to hit for a day or so.
It’s crazy, and it’s a mess, but it’s the mess I made and I like it. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to remember which juice goes in what. And as your experience above, the same juice tastes different in these on my desk, but I do it on purpose.
I am retired, and I spend at least 15 hours/day…7 days a week…at this desk, on the phone and on several computers, with homeless Veterans and PTSD Veterans organizations…and coordinating animal rescues…all around the world. I vape about 30ml of juice daily, never had vapers tongue, can’t afford to buy e-juice [all my money goes elsewhere, eh?].
It’s funny sometimes when I have video calls, people watching me mix…and vape…as we talk, sometimes 2-3 people/cameras at multiple angles monitors, windows…and they ask WTF are you doing? …then they get virtually covered by a cloud. Several of them have even quit smoking because of the video calls, even some that never knew about vaping before.

Anyway…yes, same juice…different devices…different flavor. I have only been mixing a few years [e-juice that is, over 50yrs with other liquids] and can’t even imagine having to rely on store juice, especially after 8.8.2016, can vape shops even offer testers/testing in the store? I haven’t been in a vape shop in at least 2yrs. A neighbor owns several, I should go pay a visit and see what’s going on. Damn, I would have to leave the house…out in public…

The Velocity v2 is an excellent atty, and the best squonk atty ever.

Thanks grubby! Is it any different than the one in the xcel spreadsheet? Appears to be the same, just a different format.

For now, I’ll stick with the 15’s for flavor testing single flavors. I think that’s a moderate size for just getting started. I do have a bunch of 30, 60, and 120ml bottles as well. I will step up to them as I find flavors/recipes I like to work with.