TFA Vanilla Custard thoughts?

That’s a good call @BoDarc. What’s interesting about that one is it’s exactly the same as another well known recipe, EXCEPT it has no TPA Sweet Cream. It’s very interesting to see how two otherwise identical recipes, can really differ, by the omission of one flavor.

Good call Bo.

3 Likes

Well then I definitely have to pick one up. I started out liking TPA Vanilla Custard, but within a few months starting tasting the pepper like so many others. TPA actually suggested using the French Vanilla Deluxe for an alternative as it has no pepper notes so that’s what I’ve done in some recipes. I like so many custard flavors that I’m bound to like this one as well. Wonder how it would fare with FLV Vanilla Pudding, that could be fantastic.

6 Likes

Thanks for that tidbit~
…of course I just mixed up a 120 with the existing recipe :sigh:

3 Likes

Did.you use the VC2 at same pct as original VC

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to place an order soon before everyone runs out of stock again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I used the VC (TPA) when I mixed last night, but @Silhouette’s suggestion below sounded like a great sub (French Vanilla Deluxe for VC) I did capture it for next batch …actually I might not wait so I can head-to-head test 'em

3 Likes

I still haven’t mixed up my TFA II I fell in love with Premium and kind of forgot to do anything with the other

3 Likes

Ahhh ok i see…I thought you used the TPA VC2 instead of the Original…My bad :grin:

3 Likes

Here I was thinking the same

3 Likes

I had no idea Bull City had the VC II in stock, just grabbed a big bottle.

3 Likes

@Silhouette having used tons of TPA’s VC, but never VC II, how does it differ from the V I ?? I’m one that never got pepper from the V I, so not sure what the diffs. are …

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m going to have a peek at the ingredient list to see the differences (if they have it available for v2). I tasted pepper with TPA Vanilla Custard, VBIC, and White Chocolate, so if there’s no pepper that’s a win.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the consistency behind the V2s was delivering a similar flavor without the bad stuff (AP/DP) …hmm maybe that’s the peppery part too?

4 Likes

I have the TFA II sitting here unused still … lazy lazy chick this week

1 Like

Wasn’t that what the DX versions were for?

4 Likes

Yes …The VC2 actually contains acetoin…i think it was made to compete with some of the newer VC on the market.

From TPA website

Vanilla Custard II Flavor

Water soluble.

A richer version of Vanilla Custard that compares very favorably to other Vanilla Custard flavors offered elsewhere.

*** Note: This flavor contains ‘custard’ ingredients: Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl.

The following link explains the frequent questions & concerns involving custard notes.

Looks like it also contains Acetylpropionyl…

5 Likes

Everyone loves VC II it seems. Most similar to premium FA, same level of richness, just a bit sweeter and it doesn’t need steeping. (levels of Acetoin and AP are similar to the original VC TPA, but it doesn’t have Diacetyl like Premium FA).

2 Likes

Have you got the sds for FA premium?

Diacetyl or no Diacetyl the Acetoin will produce Diacetyl with oxidation - So if you want to avoid Diacetyl you will have to avoid Acetoin as well.

4 Likes

Description

Custard Premium

The taste of the most used cream in pastry shop is now even better.

A true must have.

Suggested percentage 2-3%

This flavour contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones.

2 Likes

Oh I know it is DAPPy which is why it tastes awesome. I was just wondering if @Mikser had managed to find an sds as I have been looking for one and cant find it.

3 Likes