TFA Vanilla Custard thoughts?

You crazy kid you… :laughing:
Way to throw a wrench in! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I know right , lol, I didnt even think of the actual PG we use , but im lazy and horrible when it come to names for juice

2 Likes

Name Changed , insanely long now but thats ok

1 Like

Maybe in the abbreviation side of the resource guide we can add ( PR ) pod recipes and ( NS ) for nic salts

1 Like

Does anybody know if TPA Vanilla Custard II has the peppery notes as well?

2 Likes

@anon28032772… I think it has to do with the way some taste the pepper and some don’t…
I never got pepper… but I found it was a weak thin custard… not much use to me…

2 Likes

I get it from their original vanilla custard and vbic, not with vanilla swirl or other concentrates, that’s why I asked. version 2 should be richer and thicker, although I wouldn’t be surprised it won’t be the same strength as FLV, not expecting the impossible.

4 Likes

I haven’t used tfa in 6 yrs… 7 this May… so it might have changed over time.
I just can not ever recall the pepper note some say they get…
I know it wont be the same strength… or taste. guess its why I haven’t touched tfa in a very long time and def no plans to start again…

2 Likes

Lukeloop is a pepper taster and he told me that VCII did not habe the pepper notes

3 Likes

I really want to snag me a bottle of it. If it’s anything like a thicker/creamier version of FV Deluxe, I would be in love.

4 Likes

@marsh8 may be able to let you know how it compares…

3 Likes

At first I couldn’t figure out what FV Deluxe was :rofl:

I just found my FV Deluxe @Silhouette, but I don’t know if it will be a fair comparison this one is nearly 2 years old and the VC 2 is fresh.

From my testing of VC2 I wouldn’t describe it as one of the thicker custards I’ve tried. More milky than thick and creamy but it is only a 5 day old SF @ 2.5 and I wouldn’t know where to put the FV to do a fair comparison.

5 Likes

I read it’s thicker and richer in flavor than the original vanilla custard, not the french vanilla. The only reference I have with French Vanilla is CAP’s version but if it’s anything like TPA’s FV, it’s a very different flavor profile.
I always hated it I can’t mix with the peppery TPAs because the flavor itself is usually good so I’m curious about these new versions.

3 Likes

I have a fav recipe that uses it and I find it more SnV-ey than any other Custard but I think it’s more the recipe comparability than the flavor alone. Great when you have no patience (4 weeks). I also don’t suffer the Pepper Effect

4 Likes

That’s a good call @BoDarc. What’s interesting about that one is it’s exactly the same as another well known recipe, EXCEPT it has no TPA Sweet Cream. It’s very interesting to see how two otherwise identical recipes, can really differ, by the omission of one flavor.

Good call Bo.

3 Likes

Well then I definitely have to pick one up. I started out liking TPA Vanilla Custard, but within a few months starting tasting the pepper like so many others. TPA actually suggested using the French Vanilla Deluxe for an alternative as it has no pepper notes so that’s what I’ve done in some recipes. I like so many custard flavors that I’m bound to like this one as well. Wonder how it would fare with FLV Vanilla Pudding, that could be fantastic.

6 Likes

Thanks for that tidbit~
…of course I just mixed up a 120 with the existing recipe :sigh:

3 Likes

Did.you use the VC2 at same pct as original VC

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to place an order soon before everyone runs out of stock again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I used the VC (TPA) when I mixed last night, but @Silhouette’s suggestion below sounded like a great sub (French Vanilla Deluxe for VC) I did capture it for next batch …actually I might not wait so I can head-to-head test 'em

3 Likes