TFA Whipped Cream VS FA Cream Fresh

Let me know what you think about these flavours.
I am using 1% TFA Whipped Cream but I dont thing it does that much.

4 Likes

Just read the notes, they will help you a lot

7 Likes

the notes will say what i could say and more , one thing i could add is when my tpa whipped cream is gone i wont buy it again , thats not saying it doesnt serve a purpose because it is a pretty good light cream that needs help and that can help other creams

2 Likes

Both TFA Whipped Cream and FA Fresh Cream are great but I use both differently.

It would be much easier to give you advice if I know the profile you are using.

4 Likes

have you noticed the FA FC muting flavors over a long steep ?? i have not but i never even thought about it u til i read that it does , right now i have a mix with fresh cream and with out to see what happens not really a fair test since now the juice is not the same

3 Likes

I found mixing fresh cream and Vienna cream together in fruits causes muting… but I also was kinda doing it high percents. Lol.

3 Likes

I have just recently been using TFA Whipped Cream myself, I am glad you made this thread as I have had my eye on FA Fresh Cream as well. Had it when I first started DIY, but I gave it away and doubt I was using it correctly.

To me, TFA Whipped Cream is great for mouthfeel/ perception without imparting too much, if any taste at all. I like it because it can make a mix creamy without imparting a vanilla note. I would very much like to hear what others have to say about it. Using it at 2% was a bit much for me, but that mix is still steeping.

Multiple people have recommended FA Fresh Cream to me for Milkshake recipes, but from the very little I remember, I could not get much taste from it. Going to get it in and try it again now that I am a little more experienced.

3 Likes

really ?? what percents were you using , ive kept it at fresh cream 1pct and vienna .5 and typically will add another different cream but since ive started using more FA cream whipped ive stopped using the fresh cream as much and my mixes have been better ive got a test going right now to see im also wondering if its FA cream fresh that mutes only , do you think LB fresh cream is a good sub for the FA @Amy2 may be able to answer that one

2 Likes

in a lot of notes it says to use fresh and vienna cream at a 2:1 ratio for an ice cream base i believe @VapeyMama does this or @MysticRose so ive assumed fresh cream 2pct vienna cream 1pct but the 2 pct seems high so ive cut those numbers in half and added some VBIC or MF vanilla , now that i have read and keep seeing FA fresh cream mutes things , i read over longer steeps is when it mutes but i wonder if other flaves are also fading a bit during that long steep ??

2 Likes

I haven’t had Vienna Cream in a long time but I remember it had an alcohol note to it? Was that just mine, or does it need a really long steep to get rid of? It is really good, just couldn’t get past the alcohol taste. Unless my bottle was taken from the top of the barrel and just happened to have more in it?..

2 Likes

no not just your its a horrid smelling product worse than alcohol more like acetone lol but it steeps out , that flave is one of the reasons i dont judge things based on smell anymore lol but ya hoooorible btw ive never tasted the smell

4 Likes

Lol. Ugh. High. Like 1-2% of each along with marshmallow. Seemed to take off a lot of notes from FA fruits. The second I cut Vienna cream out and went down to 0.25 to 1% fresh cream along with mallow FA fruits started to sing.

4 Likes

for some reason i thought you were saying the fresh cream was the culprit , ive never used vienna over 1pct but its not a cream i use a lot , you use fresh cream quite a bit im assuming , have yiu noticed it mutes flaves over a long period of time ?

1 Like

Too much Fresh cream will mute on it’s own.To define it’s strength .5% is quite a large dose and .25% is where you should start.

4 Likes

I use both semi frequently, TFAs more than FAs, and they both have their merits. I find Cream Fresh is more versatile as a straight up cream, it’s not too specific and doesn’t have any odd background notes like so many other creams have to me (I literally can’t use Bavarian cream or Sweet cream by TPA any more, they used to be ok but now they develop odd flavours during steeping).
I rather like Whipped cream, it has an mild almost metallic taste as a single flavour, in a mix it’s easier to single out, but doesn’t come through enough to over power anything. It has more of its own flavour, rather than just imparting creaminess (although it still does a good job at that)
I’m not sure which I prefer, I use TPAs offering more, but only due to price. Imo they’re quite different flavours, and rather hard to compare.

2 Likes

I made a recipe. Straberry Milk from Fresh. The Recipe needs 5% of TPA Whipped Cream, but i sub it with FA Whipped Cream, also by 5%. Was it to much?

2 Likes

yes ime , these two are also very different profiles , ive never taken the cream whipped ( fa ) above 2pct it was also the only cream in the recipe

2 Likes

There was dairy milk and vanilla bean gelato too

2 Likes

all you could do right now is let it steep and see what happens i havent used tpa Whipped cream in a very long time , since discovering the FA whipped imo the FA is the truest whipped cream out there and can be used a lot of different ways the 5pct just seems super high i would have been at 1.5 to 2.5 im not familiar with fresh recipes i tried his strawberry milkshakr recipe when he first put it out i thought it was subpar

2 Likes

I read that FA WC is more like Marsmallow than like WC. I think the WC will now eat the Strawberryflavour and the Juice get to creamy, what i dont like.

1 Like