TFV4, Crown, Haze and others - How do they stack up against each other?

A few here agree - A dual titanium very low ohm (0.1ohm or below) with proper wicking will give you a dripper experience on the TFV4 :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll definately get the clone.

They sell sets of those and they are dead cheap. Iā€™m sure the right size will be among them.
http://www.amazon.com/Team-Associated-6950-Allen-Wrench/dp/B0006NAMLI/ref=sr_1_2?m=A1BKVSJG1RNAQO&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1444232724&sr=1-2&keywords=hex%2Fallen+key+set
This one is $5.
http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/hex-wrenches/25-piece-extra-long-hex-key-set-5962.html

1 Like

I have this one - Theyā€™re listing the clones as Hazzā€¦ Isnā€™t that the one weā€™re talking about? Thereā€™s this one too and a ton of othersā€¦

I too put the Uwell crown at the top of the list. I own both the Crown and the TFV4 The TFV4 has been nothing but trouble. Everything from entirely too much air flow to stripped screws on the RBA. I hate the Drip tip as well. The Crown was a breeze to set up and been loving it every since. For me, perfect air flow, ease of build and wicking. easy to refill, do not have to use a rubber band to keep the fill cap in place. The Crown a FAR 2nd. Totally disagree. Not with all those problems with the TFV4.

I know most here think the TFV4 is the bomb. Being I disagree I have tried to keep my mouth shut keeping in mind that ones preferences form their opinions. My Preferences/Needs of a tank lead me to the Uwell Crown. For me the Uwell Crown stands at the top of the list, no otherā€¦

2 Likes

I just did than very thing and ended up buying the unwell crown. Glad i did that now. :+1:

1 Like

Not so true if you use the RBA section.

If youā€™re a Kanthal user then a lot of your flavour is getting lost and thatā€™s where the crown using SS stock coils would probably take ownership of the top spot.

SS has far superior flavour to Kanthal or Nichrome.

Titanium coils are another level again.

Iā€™m using the TF-R2 deck on the TFV4 with 22g Titanium at 0.07ohms on the ipv4s at 45J 430F and flavour is on par if not slightly better than my Dripper builds.

(And if you havenā€™t seen any of my dripper builds then where have you been lol)

My go to RTA was the Billow V2 but that hasnā€™t seen the light of day since I switched to Ti TC and the TFV4

CMJ

2 Likes

Im using ss in my billow v2 now. Far better than kanthal. Just got some ti from crazy wire so i will see the difference between ti and ss

4 Likes

Remember to clean the wire thoroughly, and you wonā€™t be disappointed! :smile:

2 Likes

I will my friend but thanks for reminding me. Cheers

2 Likes

I believe most RDAs use .035" (or 0.9mm) hex screws.

1 Like

Out of interest what gauge Ti have you purchased?

Iā€™ve got 29g, 26g and 22g Ti from crazy wire.

29 and 26 only required a small amount of cleaning. A few alcohol rubs and it was fine.

The 22g I had to use some 650grit wet and dry to get it a point that I would be happy vaping it.

I had this convo with @Pro_vapes in another thread and it almost looks like grey plastic the 22g.

Once rubbed down with the 650grit it looked like metal again.

CMJ

1 Like

Iā€™m recoiling my billow this evening with 22g Ti.

CMJ

1 Like

Its 26 awg ive got. It looks prity clean already but as advised i will go through the cleaning procedure. Its still on the roll the end looks ok no plastic cover or anything. Maby some sort of lubricant they use while drawing it?

2 Likes

The 26g is pretty clean.

But I can tell you from experience that the flavour difference between 26 and 22 is unbelievable.

Iā€™ll snap a shot of the 26 vs the 22 later and tag you into the post in the other thread.

It honestly looks like plastic and no amount of isopropyl alcohol rub downs was getting it off lol.

CMJ

1 Like

I bought my Haze from MFS about 8 months ago.

Thereā€™s a dripper tank out now and it really costā€¦

1 Like

Aaah, yes, that makes much more sense now :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m seeing this on a few other forums too. You either love it or hate it. I have three and Iā€™m happy with them all. If I had a dual rba for the Crown it may be my fave. But I canā€™t fave a single coil. I havenā€™t been using either of my Crowns lately The vape is good with the 22g Tiā€¦ but not as good as the dual TFV4s.

2 Likes

I just got the tfv4 and it is by far the best tank out thereā€¦ great flavor and density of clouds is greatā€¦ Iā€™m using titanium wire with the single and dual coil rtas ā€¦the only thing I would add is it is tricky to wick but after a leak or two its vaping great!

2 Likes

I canā€™t seem to get the dual coil air flow just rightā€¦ Iā€™m using 24g titanium. What dia/raps are you using?

1 Like