The Bergamot Thread

Have been using FA Bergamot in a recipe around 3% and have noticed that it tastes great at first, but then I cannot taste the bergamot anymore. I turned it down to 2% as I am assuming it is olfactory overload and it just doesn’t have the pop/ flavor that it did at 3%. I don’t imagine turning it lower than 2% will make it taste any stronger, so I am looking to replace it.

Does anyone have any experience with INW Bergamot?

Might even give RF SC Bergamot a try but I wanted to see what everyone thought first.

1 Like

I think you should try the RF (SC) Bergamot, I have been delighted so far with everything I have used from @Walt_RealFlavors.

2 Likes

Have you personally tried the RF SC Bergamot? I am loving Walts line, however I find their orange flavors, a bit lacking. It is definitely in my cart for my next order, though.

1 Like

I have not acquired/used the RF (SC) Bergamot. If you decide to purchase it, let us know how you like it. So far, have been a big fan of everything I purchased in the RF (SC) line.

1 Like

I have INW Bergamont and I started using it in place of FA’s. I think it is a more “true” bergamont than FA’s, plus packs a stronger punch. I have yet to have any problems with it

5 Likes

Do you know of any vendors/ resellers that have it in stock? Or is my only option to buy it directly from Inawera?

BTW your notes are the reason this thread is in existence, you have been my lead on this.

2 Likes

I do not, sorry. I bought mine direct last year, when I did my gigantor Inawera order. That’s not to say there isn’t a US vendor, I just don’t know of one.
Glad I can help, thanks!

4 Likes

What did you find that you enjoyed from Inawera that made you buy directly? (stuff like bergamot that wasn’t available via resellers)

Anything that you still use these days?

1 Like

Yeah there was a lot I could get direct, that I couldn’t get in the states. Plus, it was actually cheaper than the states and the shipping was surprisingly fast!
I was able to get a dozen different teas, fruits and other things not available here. I still use all of them too

4 Likes

Top 5 that you had to order direct, go!

1 Like

I can’t really answer that accurately. I didn’t order because there were items I absolutely had to have; I ordered because there were flavors I couldn’t get here and wanted to try them.
So if I were to list 5 items, it would read like those 5 are my “top” Inawera flavors or flavors that are “must haves”. Make sense?
I will list some flavors that I couldn’t order here (at the time), so I ordered them direct, to try them.

Definitely not everything I ordered, but what I can pull off the top of my head

Pink Panther
Purple Rain
Custard
Green tea w/ Quince
Power Tea
Black Sun Tea
Black Tea (w/…something?)
Bergamont
Marula
Shisha Apple
Shisha Orange
Shisha Coconut
Shisha Raspberry
Gree Spring Tea
Dry Cocktail
Cherimoya
Anton Apple
Shisha Tropic
Green Tea
Marzipan

Some of these you can get here now, but without looking, I know these are some I ordered

7 Likes

Changing this thread to a general Bergamot thread, I wanna see what everyone’s take on the different types out there, are.

1 Like