The best raspberry concentate

I just used raspberry TPA and I don’t like it at all any suggestions for a good raspberry

1 Like

I like both VTA Shisha Raspberry and Sweet Raspberry a lot. Good as main raspberry note but work well in the background too and can make strawberries pop too.

5 Likes

Never heard of it lol where you get that from I’m a newbie still learning lots

1 Like

What’s the VTA stand for

1 Like

Still learning the slang on here bloody hell lol :rofl:

1 Like

VTA = Vape Train Australia, and as the brand name gives it is from down under. Anyway, many of the bigger flavor sellers carry them. For europe i would suggest http://chefsflavours.co.uk/ and i think for US i would suggest https://www.bullcityflavors.com/

They are listed as “VT FLAVOURS” on bullcity.

There is probably other US based companies that carry them, maybe even some others would suggest more than bullcity, but since i am not from there i am not much into the US based ones.

3 Likes

Sweet I’m down under so that works for me

1 Like

Ah ok, then they should be easy to find for you. Another raspberry i like is Raspberry INW but it is very concentrated, which of course can be good, more for the money but can also be a bit more difficult to work with.

5 Likes

Ok thankyou I forget about all these bloody places I can get flavours I need to be reminded everyday lol I should be writing them down I think I better do that

2 Likes

Opinions are heavily divided on this one… you either love it or hate it. For me its the latter. It tastes like chemical $%!& to me and ruins every recipe I’ve made with it.
It is a key ingredient in Rhodonite for example, still one of the best selling one shots from DIYorDIE.

2 Likes

As i wrote it is very difficult to work with because it is very concentrated. In most cases you would want to keep it bellow 1% imo.

4 Likes

So what raspberry would you suggest is a good one I’m happy to try whatever it takes I just know that I’m never using raspberry tpa again it’s not for me

1 Like

Berryl by FA is not a bad Raspberry either. I am not much for the TPA either, stopped using it very long ago after 1 order. From what i can remember i think it was a bit too sharp and synthetic for my liking.

5 Likes

I can’t say what you’re going to like and what not. When buying flavors, you should always do some research and read flavor notes from people.
I’ve bought flavors in the past that were “recommended” by others just to find out they don’t agree with me or it’s a completely different profile from what I expected.

If you’re looking for a raspberry, think of what it is you want. A sweet candy-like raspberry, a non-sweet tart RB or maybe a very ripe juicy tasting one… you can find those things if you’re looking in the flavor notes or flavor reviews (on ELR and other sites).
To have the most options, try several ones. One flavor may work wonders in one recipe, while another may be better for another.

Don’t just go by “popularity” or the amount of recipes there are out there. A lot of the most popular flavors are not necessarily the best. Availability of a flavor says a lot about the popularity for it, so CAP and TPA flavors are often going to be the ones used in most recipes. For example INW, FA, MF, FLV may be “better” flavors (this is certainly no general rule, but often the case) but not as readily available so you’ll see fewer recipes with those flavors.

8 Likes

Agreed, there is no raspberry to rule them all. As with most flavors, they have their purpose depending on what you seek. Also as you stated earlier, there is different opinions on these matters, because flavor is very subjective.

As with strawberries, i dont have one favorite, i have a few different depending if i want it to be authentic, ripe, sweet, candy and so forth.

5 Likes

Ok great thankyou

1 Like

I have only used Berryl (Raspberry) FA, I find it quite strong and sweet and tart.
For recipes the e-liquid calculator on the other side says ppl use it at an average of 2 - 2.3% in a recipe or 3 - 3.8% standalone.

Compared to FA Strawberry flavours - I can hardly taste them at all :open_mouth:

As people above have said it’s hard to recommend because flavours/your palate can vary.

4 Likes

I could use Medicine Flower Wild Raspberry and nothing else. I’m just done with them but that truly is “the one.”

16 Likes

Still havent had a chance to try any of their flavor, but heard only good things and i should try to consider finding some who carry and will ship here.

4 Likes

It really does depend on what exactly you are looking for. Me personally, I absolutely love raspberry and tried every single one except for Inawera Wild Raspberry (on my list though). IMO they’re all too sweet, and you don’t get a true ‘of the vine’ type taste.

I will say that my favorite is Simply Flavor’s Sour Raspberry, and Capella’s v1 is pretty good.

I recently also picked up Capella’s Harvest Berry which smells like that ‘of the vine’ tartness I am looking for, but I haven’t tested it yet. Still steeping.

5 Likes