The best raspberry concentate

I pulled out my cantaloupe tonight and it was completely odorless :frowning: I can’t tell you how old it is exactly, but it is at least 2-3 years. The bottle is still relatively full too, which sucks, but I never did use this one really. The only cantaloupe I would use, was FLV and just as an enhancer at low %s. I decided to mix it up tonight anyways, but I’m not to hopeful on if I will taste anything.
I also have had just a small handful of MF flavors that ended up “old”. Peach/white peach, Wild rasp, cantaloupe, off the top of my head. With the exception of the raspberry, they were flavors I never found overly powerful to begin with

6 Likes

I don’t know of anyone that know as much about flavors than you and @Amy2. I’m fairly sure what you speak is the truth because you have experienced it.

I broke out my Cantaloupe also and it’s probably nearly 2 yrs old if not… (one of my early MF purchases), I never found much use for this flavor and I never made notes or used it much at all. I’ve just done a finger and sniff taste and it’s still accurate and good. I’m gonna do an SFT and see how it is after a 2 year or so.

Another question or 2… Do you store your MFs in the fridge? Also if you had to put a shelf life on MF Extracts what would it be?

Edit: 15 minutes after my finger taste I still have Cantaloupe in my mouth, so i’m fairly certain it hasn’t gone bad.

Maybe a new thread is needed because we have gone left and this might be important for MF users…

7 Likes

I agree if you personally need to use 8% it’s not worth it, especially since only one vendor sells it.

I use it from 1.5%-4% and 4% is actually on the border for me, nearly jumping into that medicine and harsh territory.

3 Likes

Yep, totally derailed, hehe. I also totally passed out after my last post and now I have to get to work, so I will reply in full (on a different thread) when I get home. No to the fridge, maybe I should of? Frustrating yours is still good and mine is odorless. More later

As far as raspberry goes @Tara9, if you are a RB lover, I would definitely invest in MF, if you’re looking for an accurate flavor. I would risk it to say that just about everyone can agree that these flavors are the most true to form flavors. Expensive as they are, the wild RB is probably their most potent, so it should last a while

7 Likes

Depends doesn’t it? I mean I mix FA Soho at 8-12%. I’ve not found a replacement for this flavor but can’t seem to stop buying it :wink:

I guess I need to either get more Wild Raspberry or try Purilum’s version. Funny, even at the price the MF costs it would still be cheaper to use and I can’t imagine it’s not the best out there. If not, point me in the right direction.

7 Likes

Lol after reading this I went and pulled out my MF Cantaloupe and it’s still good to go ! It’s probably only a year old thou.

As for the RB discussion I have not had the luxury of trying MF Wild RB but hear from you and others it is phenomenal. I have however used 3 of INW’s varieties Malina being too candish when used too high and some other weird chemical note. Also their RB Shisha INW was extremely potent but calmed down after the fact , but I wasn’t and still am not a huge fan of this one either I actually needed a sweeter note so I came back and followed up with some Cap’s RB and it seemed to fall into the note category I was looking for. So as of now I could use a new RB lol !!! I’ve stuck with using Caps and TPA which to me are very similar but very one note not too many berry nuances are going on in them.
I did enjoy this one http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/216178 which isn’t solely RB and is well rounded but again is very potent and needs plenty steeping time but not a sweet one it’s tart and tangy.

7 Likes

I’m sure that if you use MF that this is much better. And I don’t think that purilum could compete, but I thought of listing it because of it being cheaper or at least on the first look lol.

Keep in mind I have not tried mf but pur is the only one out of the regular brands I tested, that somewhat tastes like a natural raspberry including the tart and im able to vape, without wanting to see the restroom for the remaining day :wink:

That’s not saying it’s the best or more natural than maybe something else lol.

4 Likes

mine is still good also, I would guess at 2yrs old. Mine is almost gone though. I tend to use it as an enhancer and I think it does a pretty good job adding “juiciness” to a dry mix without taking over.

2 Likes

Purilum raspberry is my favorite to date. The dark razz NV is proving to be pretty good as well at 3.5 weeks.

2 Likes

I agree, the only thing about the dark razz is that it is more… " earthy " it lacks the " brightness " if you will, of a raspberry. It is wonderful in an earthy recipe though, if you want to lighten it up a bit without totally ruining it.

2 Likes

I got this in last week and I can agree on it. Pretty realistic ripe raspberry flavor, sweet and tart. I was really put off by TPA and INW but this one makes me want to vape more of it.

2 Likes

I agree. Wasn’t sure about the herby exhale but by the end of the tank it had grown on me. Going to try it with roasted pecan and cream.

3 Likes

Dont know if this post is looked at much but I’ll drop my recipe off if anyone still visits this for a new twist on a Raspberry recipe. I’ve added 0.5% Sweetner because it’s what I prefer but can easily be left out for a more tartness flavor.

2 Likes

Have you tried Boysenberry Raspberry by Wonder Flavours? I just got in today and OMG it smells just like raspberries that my grandmother used to can. Can’t wait to SFT it.

6 Likes

Marked as private.

1 Like

Not sure what you see but I’ll post it here again .
http://tjek.nu/r/yQNK?token=34c644264a28112

1 Like

You have to click on the wrench, scroll down and click on the private checkbox ( no check) to make it public.

2 Likes

Not had the pleasure, but thanks for the recommendation. I’m currently on new flavor hiatus - and enjoying it!

4 Likes

no need to do that unless you feel it’s worthy to release to the public. Since @Mally1 posted the same problem in another thread to which i shared a link for the solution but will do again… Share private recipes and other small things

4 Likes

It’s one of my more recent favorites but in my experience it’s very strong. Can easily overpower a mix, for me 1% is absolutely it’s max. But I would normally use below 0.5%. Each to their own though.

8 Likes