The ELR Users Guide to Creating Your Flavor Stash

IDK, really not following what you suggest, I go to flavor list, type in the flavor, sort by recipes, 100% done :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

(note: i didn’t know you’re working on this already; that is GREAT @TorturedZen
i just read what @Rocky02852 said ‘Where you can check and submit dupes to be reviewed by staff’ and i offered a simple solution with least work that may help. In any way, i’m glad this will be solved eventually)

To not be misunderstood, i’ll give an example what i meant: Rich Cinnamon FLV:

We have 17 entries here for the same flavor + additional with names ‘rich cinamon’, RICH CIN’ and RICH CINA’ = meaning 20 entries (but probably more) for ONE (1) single flavor! Meaning 19/20 are too much (or 95% entries for this particular flavor are pure garbage and annoying for the community; not helping).

So i meant just to delete those entries (and ofc merging would be great too, but i assume that would need way more work than a simple delete). This would make searching and reading and finding flavors much easier for users and the community and especially for newbies (and users would not be making that many entries later since easier to find).

Another, more elegant way is to move all those recipes with nonsense names into private and available to their creators only – and allow them to be published publicly only with the proper names.

Maybe this sounds rough for some, but the truth is that those fictional flavor names are useful just for creators and not for the general public or average reader. And it’s not just Rich Cinnamon; we have 5 entries for Tahitian Vanilla Cream WF and 13 entries for Alpine SB FLV. And so on. Keeping all those alive does not help anyone and does not make website friendly to users and it is great that this will finally be solved.

I had to explain more clearly what i meant to not be misunderstood; and reading you are already working on this is GREAT news! Thanks for your work @TorturedZen. Really appreciated.

3 Likes

Precisely! I have no problem with that and it’s not that hard. But it seems some have this problem (and partly website is to blame for this). Just wanted to offer a solution to the problem there.

3 Likes

Ah ha, I see what you mean, the top hit for Rich Cinnamon would be the choice for me when adding to stash, as far as deleting the others (or those with less than 10 recipes etc) is not an ability of the user, and I see your point about some entries may be useful to the user that entered the dupe, the way I see it until all new flavor entries into the data base require approval it’s like shoving shit against the tide👌

4 Likes

Yes. I wasn’t focusing on flavors adding to MY stash, but to general search button where 17 different Rich Cinnamon appear while there is only one.

That makes a confusion and helps noone. I have zero problem what people are adding to THEIR stash or how do they name THEIR flavors for THEMSELVES, but on a public search it would be great if one flavor is entered only once, not same flavor entered 10 times under a slightly different name.

3 Likes

Yep. It is DIYFS - DIY Flavor Shack
There’s a brand abbreviation list Here

4 Likes

Keep in mind flavor names saved to a users Flavor Stash, even if the Stash is private, will still be seen by the database and included in the recipe counts (correct name or not). You might not have a problem with it because you can’t see them (outta sight outta mind) but they still add the bottom line.

2 Likes

Hi Rocky. I always thought it was DIYFS, too, until I saw DFS. I thought maybe that was the newest abbrv. I know there’s a list of abbrv. in progress somewhere on the forum.

I ended up buying the regular caramel because it had rave reviews plus I think the AR was out of stock anyway. I also got Caramel Macchiato because it was a custom request from one of their customers and he gave his approval. We’ll see. How’s your cucumber coming along? :innocent:

3 Likes

@Rocky02852 and all. I just saw Lars abbreviation list and he has DIY Flavor Shack listed as DFS.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/vaping-abbreviations

Problem is, Idk if that’s the official flavor list abbrv.

3 Likes

Hmm, interesting list, thanks for the link. Glad to see One on One is listed all caps (OOO) , I know @Sprkslfly is working on the flavor list, wonder what his thoughts are about DIYFS :thinking:
Cucumber’s came out Great, on a Peach kick now :crazy_face:
Mixed up a Caramel Macchiato with some MF coffee + MF caramel In the mix, not there yet, still tweaking :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Only had one flavor from them I think (Angel Cake). It was decent enough, but had to be used at too high of a percentage for the money they charge (take this with a grain of salt though, because that was two years ago).

If that’s not what you meant, yeah, DIYFS is the long accepted norm here (as TZ mentioned)… As for Lars list, his is the original list (that I kid expect predates ALL others), and besides being the master of all things ELR, can choose as he pleases of course! :laughing:
I’m just the volunteer janitor (if you will). :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe 5 months from now :rofl: I’m talking about MF not your tweaking.

4 Likes

He probably spills a lot of coffee that way.

3 Likes

No comprendo :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Ooooohhhh, “tweaking”, never mind.:laughing:

4 Likes

Like my father always said to me, “You have two speeds, slow and stop.”

5 Likes

I’m about to mix up some Stixx Mixx coffee flavors (and they contain caffeine). Yahoo! Think I’ll get a buzz? Heck with the steep.

3 Likes

I hope so, because that’s what I’ve been using…

3 Likes

I just entered a DIYFS flavor and the only way it showed was DFS. I also entered Forrest Mix (Forest Fruit Mix) (FA) and that showed up in all kinds of configurations. Should there still be an issue with FA flavors? I was surprised.

4 Likes

There were about 6-7 different names for the FA Forest Mix which have been flagged as Dupes.

As long as users are allowed to manually enter their own flavors there will always be an issue of some sort. And not just with Flavour Art names.

What was the DIYFS name you entered?

5 Likes