The ELR Users Guide to Creating Your Flavor Stash

Thank you for saying so! I just wish a lot more users would realize they’re doing flavor entry all wrong. A lot are too frigging stubborn about making changes or just too lazy to follow the link I leave them and read the Guide!

8 Likes

With all the work you and others have put in I cannot see a reason not to use the information here. Especially as a Newbie to all of this. Great resources!

8 Likes

Awesome stuff TorturedZen!! I think users like me should be forced to read the FAQ and Guides before they get to create, Lol

Thanks for all the hard work with this great site!! I really appreciate the fact that this site is constantly being upgraded and Improved!!

Thanks!
Cheers
D

9 Likes

The idea has been considered! Welcome aboard! The forum is chock full of information. You can type any question into the search bar and very likely find a Pandora’s box full of conversation on the subject. If you can’t find an answer, just ask! Happy mixing!

5 Likes

Thanx! That idea was actually put on the table but, as someone else pointed out in another thread, there are users that will just twiddle their thumbs to kill the time it takes to read it, then just do what they want anyway. In theory it might sound like a solution but in general people have issues when forced to do something.

8 Likes

Some people may have Dyslexia or another learning difficulties. I’ve copied and pasted the flavours you helped me with and I’d like to say thank you and read the link also :+1:

10 Likes

I’m not a doctor but if Dyslexia were to be counted even remotely as factor for duplicate, misspelled or just plain incorrect flavor names being submitted, then it stands to reason that those people would probably find it difficult when it came time to actually mix more than 2 flavors. Theoretically speaking.

5 Likes

I used the method at the top of this post to find the correct name for “ORANGE” from Nicotine River. Sorted by “most recipes”, I first see Orange nicotine river. Just like that! No “-” or “( )”. I would think that every flavor name should be required to have the manufacturer listed in “( )”.

Is the particular flavor name just a case of a new enough name or a flavor that got added without submission for review/approval?

2 Likes

Approval is not required, which is why a lot of the entries are whacked. Someone added it without knowing the proper syntax. Here is the correct one…

4 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I assume this only works correctly on a PC, I’m on a tablet and some of the proper entries do no even come up as a choice, eg: Lime (Inawera)

4 Likes

Machine type makes no difference. You may have missed something. Did you sort the RECIPES column?
Works on my Chromebook just fine.
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors?q=lime+Ina&sort=num_recipes&direction=desc

3 Likes

Yeah I definitely missed something, I just followed your link to “flavor list” and I sorted that, still not working for me. I’m on IPad now and iPhone when out and about.

4 Likes

OK just-read the guide on the recipe site, this makes sense and works, it’s just an extra step to get there.

Working with your flavor stash

You can add flavors to your personal stash from your flavor stash. You can add notes, rate them, specify the weight of each, note how much is in the bottle, record how much it cost, choose the flavor carrier (PG/VG/Other), and input your preferred single flavor mixing percentage. When ELR gets batch tracking, it will give you a price for each recipe you make and reduce the amount of flavoring you have in your stash so you can be warned when you are running low on flavorings.

When you adapt or create a recipe with flavors that are not in your stash, ELR no longer automatically adds them. Flavors are only added through the stash page.

It’s a bit hard to get an overview over all your flavors in your stash. A small tip is to use the search by stash page to see them all more easily. The naming convention is Flavor Name Here (Brand Abbreviation Here) , eg. Sweet Cream (TPA) should be used instead of TFA Sweet Cream . If in doubt which to use, it is a good idea to use the flavor list, and pick the flavor with the most recipes.

“If in doubt which to use, it is a good idea to use the flavor list, and pick the flavor with the most recipes.”
This is the answer, you have to go to “flavor list” and sort by recipes not “add to stash” , then the correct entries show up!!
Boom!

4 Likes

@TorturedZen My bad, got it figured out, (finally), but just want to thank You so much for your help, really appreciate it. Big smiles :sunglasses:

6 Likes

OK let me recap (bear with me here) just in case any others have run into this, when on the “my flavor stash” page, don’t use the “add flavor” feature, instead leave that page and go to “flavor list” page, find the correct flavor and add to stash from there. Bingo!
Why both features have different results, IDK

5 Likes

What’s the problem?

Sure you had the right search string?

4 Likes

The amount of recipes is different which is a bit weird :thinking:

5 Likes

Yep. “Sort By Recipes” is your ticket! :yum:

4 Likes

@anon28032772 The top screenshot you show is how I was doing it, adding flavors while on the “my flavor stash” page. It just does NOT work for me, the correct Lime flavor name does NOT even show up, just a bunch of incorrect entries. Happy that it works for you, it would much easier for me it that worked.
Adding flavors to my stash from the “flavor list” page as @TorturedZen suggested does in fact work correctly, its just an extra step.
And it was not just the Lime, had problems with many other flavors too.
Let me add that @TorturedZen also worked with me behind the scenes to correct my stash, I just put it out here in case others had the issue.

5 Likes